• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

ps endurance t2 round5 - spa - hit by back marker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
ACC Tier + Round Number: t2 r4
League Coordinator: @Jeroen81
Date: 03/09/21
Members Involved: @Shurland George @Slicker
Description:
@Shurland George is behind me and a lap down, i am trying to hang on to a podium with @Mcquiz95 catching. i brake normally, as i have done on the previous laps - @Shurland George dives down the inside, hitting me and giving me damage, which meant i could not defend my third place against @Mcquiz95
Evidence:

Last edited:

Shurland George

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
As i told @Slicker in the discord chat his assumptions about a dive bomb is wrong. Evidence of him struggling can be seen in my video. Note I've shown this driver absolute respect from Lap 1 me giving space for him to pass as he is not a threat to me in the Championship. See time stamps in my video; 5:21 allowed him to pass, 23:58 he struggling at Bruxelles and his Challenge for position @Mcquiz95 closing more than 17 seconds behind, 30:17 his painfully slow journey through chicane and an unnecessary aggressive move with contact avoided only by me lifting on throttle. Note I was using MAP 7 doing everything prior to give respect and expecting the same. Could watch from there as his struggling continued. 31:28 Lap 55 Me having to brake and observe ABS engaged and my steering angle doing everything to avoid contact with a car that seemed to almost be stopped. The damage I got was .405 so any assertion that a P3 was lost due to the incident was false. At point of contact @Mcquiz95 was already around 3 seconds plus behind and you can see his lights in the background in @Slicker 2nd video. Note where I went at the end of that lap in my video. Note I did not pass after contact. Note our lap times including the gains by @Mcquiz95. What happened after i pit can be seen on my full virtual circuit on screen and I will attached another video link just to clear up any assertion to undermine my above 95 safety rating. This 2nd video highlighting similar driving tactics and what I've experienced 2nd race in a row. I'm not sure who wants to defend against a faster driver who was several laps down but the same backmarker that gave the respect since his blue flag warning. Whilst it was not intentional that contact was inevitable as I couldn't go to the left due to his position. Keeping me behind at the beginning of lap 55 only left @Slicker with a further loss of time he needed in hand to work on keeping P3.

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
all the above is irrelevant to the incident in question - the enquiry is about one thing - you were at some distance behind when i braked at normal braking point, you didn't start braking until you were nearly in the back of me - way too late. this is clear from your pov (2:20 on my second vid above)
criticising my decision not to let you past when you kept making half attempts is not a defence.
so how about you just answer the enquiry:-

the question is: did i brake and turn in normally?
and did you fail to brake until way too late resulting in contact?

Status
Not open for further replies.