PS3 - PS3 F1 2013 - Season 10 Round 15: Japanese Grand Prix (07/01/2016) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 PS3 F1 2013 - Season 10 Round 15: Japanese Grand Prix (07/01/2016)

• The AOR AWARDS 2018 are here! Vote to be in with a chance to win a copy of F12018

Iceman46

3-time AOR PlayStation F1 Champion
Jan 16, 2014
Q: 1st - Ok first lap, way too cautious in the last chicane, second lap better, third lap ruined by James retiring on the pit straight after his lap and forcing me wide at turn 1. Lost half a second there and made up a couple of tenths on the rest of the lap but could not improve.

R: 1st - Led away and then got rammed at the chicane lap 1. Looks like Falcon said it was Hammertime, he overtook both of us and didn't let either back through, no surprise there. He was all over the place and went off to let me through, pitted lap 4 ahead of Callum and then Falcon slotted between us after he stopped on lap 3. Passed some traffic and started to edge away for a 2 second lead, the fresher tyres were working until I cocked it up at turn 1/2 and Degner 2 on the same lap to lose it all and let Falcon through. I repassed under DRS and then we both stopped lap 11. Then there was some more overtaking that I don't really remember until the last stop on lap 19. I was leading into the last stint but then he passed with DRS, I made a mistake in the dirty air on the second last lap and thought it was over and was focusing more on keeping Callum behind but then Falcon went off at the hairpin to let us both through. I managed to hold it together on the last lap to win from Callum and Falcon.

I actually managed to record the whole race quite well so I'll put that up tomorrow probably.

robnoxious9000

F1 Race Winner
Mar 10, 2014
When I saw you and raced you, you were driving well. Side by side into turn 1 lap 2 was my fault, I tagged your tyre by accident and ran wide.
I lost the back putting the power down exiting T1 after not being hit at the start went from 7th to 12th. Hit defiant at the chicane (he seemed to break early, but he was on primes and it was the 1st lap, so I should have expected that) and got a pen for my troubles. Hit philip at the 2nd Degner again breaking completely differenty to me and finally sid hit me as I tried to sneek up the inside of t2 (probably shouldn't have gone for that move either) too frustrating so I left....
I didn't feel any touch from you btw

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
I lost the back putting the power down exiting T1 after not being hit at the start went from 7th to 12th. Hit defiant at the chicane (he seemed to break early, but he was on primes and it was the 1st lap, so I should have expected that) and got a pen for my troubles. Hit philip at the 2nd Degner again breaking completely differenty to me and finally sid hit me as I tried to sneek up the inside of t2 (probably shouldn't have gone for that move either) too frustrating so I left....
I didn't feel any touch from you btw
I had a clean start but ran wide at turn. 1, moving myself down to close to last. Grrr!!! I did see Sid turn in on you quite abruptly, didn't record this one so sorry you can't see it from behind

H_pro1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
My 1st lap. The small tap in chicane didn't affect neither of us too much (you can see no one went off the track) but then lee kept on turning on me which caused him to spin out. I was letting him pass as you can see I wasn't accelerating.

Iceman46

Jan 16, 2014
Does anyone have a good view of what happened at the chicane on lap 1? Who hit who? Because someone needs a slapping.

leedamastr

GP2 1st Driver
Sep 10, 2015
My 1st lap. The small tap in chicane didn't affect neither of us too much (you can see no one went off the track) but then lee kept on turning on me which caused him to spin out. I was letting him pass as you can see I wasn't accelerating.

Maybe I misjudged the situation a bit, I thought you were further behind and I believe I had a lack of traction on the marbles that was leading me a bit more over to that line, I'll check my footage to confirm that. If you want to take it to the stewards then I don't blame you, but I did feel at the time you should have lifted, but then again at 40 MPH and cars behind there's not a lot you could have done.

robnoxious9000

F1 Race Winner
Mar 10, 2014

Where's your Korea first lap?

theglasses85

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 2, 2015

Sorry about the spin at the end of the lap, I was turning pretty hard right to try and make sure I didn't run into defiant after the initial incident.

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
Does anyone have a good view of what happened at the chicane on lap 1? Who hit who? Because someone needs a slapping.
From James' live stream vid, I can see Hammertime hit Iceman and Falcon! Which is why Hammertime was 3rd before the chicane and 1st coming onto the main straight. No other explanation needed. No way that both Iceman and Falcon magically go off together at the same time, with Hammertime overtaking very closely to them

Iceman46

Jan 16, 2014
From James' live stream vid, I can see Hammertime hit Iceman and Falcon! Which is why Hammertime was 3rd before the chicane and 1st coming onto the main straight. No other explanation needed. No way that both Iceman and Falcon magically go off together at the same time, with Hammertime overtaking very closely to them
I know I got whacked, Hammertime seems to be blaming Brown which seems unlikely given I think Brown is in P5. If it was Hammertime he needs some penalties considering he just drove off in the lead.

H_pro1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
If you want to take it to the stewards then I don't blame you.
I will not take it to the stewards because I see it as a 'racing incident' But the way how easily your car spun around was pretty weird, maybe a lightweight one :D

Where's your Korea first lap?
I did not record Korean GP because I hadn't practised and my pace was bs. But why? Nothing interesting happened in my POV than being in middle of two cars and me getting spinned out which made me ret because I was last and I was loosing 2sec per lap..

Sorry about the spin at the end of the lap, I was turning pretty hard right to try and make sure I didn't run into defiant after the initial incident.
No problem, there happened something and I didn't realize it, so I drove there in the normal pace, but I should've droven slower
but when I realized there's a crash it was too late :p

mallucm

F1 Test Driver
May 23, 2014
@Philip_66 @James Thorpe India is approaching on the calendar, but would it be possible to miss the track next weekend and instead race the track after, have a break week or a social race? We had track limit problems at Canada, Monza, Silverstone and here a little bit even. Tracks have been skipped in AOR before for track limit problems and from the issues w
Your reaction to the L1 chicane was remarkably calm. I would have been screaming and cursing for the next 5 laps. :p

Iceman46

Jan 16, 2014
@Philip_66 @James Thorpe India is approaching on the calendar, but would it be possible to miss the track next weekend and instead race the track after, have a break week or a social race? We had track limit problems at Canada, Monza, Silverstone and here a little bit even. Tracks have been skipped in AOR before for track limit problems and from the issues w

Your reaction to the L1 chicane was remarkably calm. I would have been screaming and cursing for the next 5 laps. :p
I didn't lose out too much so the rage was low level.

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015

India is one of the worst tracks to corner cut on. It's pretty ridiculous. The way the car bounces around the track as well doesn't help. I for one will be trying to follow limits as much as possible. I will be the first one to admit that being "super careful" on track limits the past few races have taken a slight toll on my pace. I'm not as aggressive taking on corners for the fear of accidentally cutting a corner. Along with me not being able to practice cause of my new job, I'm seeing lower positions now. A wee bit frustrating if others are not so respectful with the corner cutting.
[DOUBLEPOST=1454973025][/DOUBLEPOST]India is one of the worst tracks to corner cut on. It's pretty ridiculous. The way the car bounces around the track as well doesn't help. I for one will be trying to follow limits as much as possible. I will be the first one to admit that being "super careful" on track limits the past few races have taken a slight toll on my pace. I'm not as aggressive taking on corners for the fear of accidentally cutting a corner. Along with me not being able to practice cause of my new job, I'm seeing lower positions now. A wee bit frustrating if others are not so respectful with the corner cutting.