PS3 - PS3 F1 - Round 18 - United States GP [06/03/2016 - 8:00pm UK time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 PS3 F1 - Round 18 - United States GP [06/03/2016 - 8:00pm UK time]

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
That's just what you get driving with and without assists.
And at some points, a league that's also combined wheel and pad.!!
Next season's Tier1 will be a lot more according the rules.!!
Same things can happen if all assist are off or everyone with pad/wheel. These kind of races are rare ones when there's a lot of crashes etc.

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
That's just what you get driving with and without assists.
And at some points, a league that's also combined wheel and pad.!!
Next season's Tier1 will be a lot more according the rules.!!
But also; still proud of what we've achieved this season.
I think no one would have thought at the end of last season, a PS3 league was possible. ;)
And with a minimum of help from the Staff and Stewards we had a fun season.
For me it was the first time to set up and run, and coordinate a league at the same time.
Thx to @James Thorpe and @pepper_F1 who helped me with that.!!
And of course; you guys. !!
I sure do hope most of us will be there next season, Tier1 and Tier2. !!

pepper_F1

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jul 20, 2014
But also; still proud of what we've achieved this season.
I think no one would have thought at the end of last season, a PS3 league was possible. ;)
And with a minimum of help from the Staff and Stewards we had a fun season.
For me it was the first time to set up and run, and coordinate a league at the same time.
Thx to @James Thorpe and @pepper_F1 who helped me with that.!!
And of course; you guys. !!
I sure do hope most of us will be there next season, Tier1 and Tier2. !!
And you can count me in for next season as well ofc!! ;)

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
Is tier 1 wheel? And tier 2 pad?
[DOUBLEPOST=1457389971][/DOUBLEPOST]There are some pad users that can race amongst wheel drivers like Callum. Was wondering cause I wasn't planning on buying a wheel till I got a ps4 and Project Cars

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Is tier 1 wheel? And tier 2 pad?
[DOUBLEPOST=1457389971][/DOUBLEPOST]There are some pad users that can race amongst wheel drivers like Callum. Was wondering cause I wasn't planning on buying a wheel till I got a ps4 and Project Cars
No M8. But we'll try to set up 2 leagues.
Pad and wheel will be mixed. !!
If there's enough respons i'll try to set up a non assists, wheel league.
But that's just a plan for the future and probably on PS4. !!

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
Not doing 2013 again?
[DOUBLEPOST=1457391859][/DOUBLEPOST]
Cool I'd like the tier 1 league. I think I signed up a while back.

leedamastr

GP2 1st Driver
Sep 10, 2015
My footage of all known incidents, and a very, very lengthy explanation to follow.
[DOUBLEPOST=1457394282][/DOUBLEPOST]Well, I know I’m going to receive some backlash with this post either way, but I know I need to explain my on-track actions from last night sooner rather than later. Parts of this post will be going into any relevant stewards thread along with my footage, which is posted above this post. I really don’t blame anyone for taking me to the stewards at all. My driving was not of an acceptable standard last night and I will take whatever penalty or punishment comes my way. I again want to apologise to Rob, Iceman and anyone else’s race I inadvertently ruined as a result of my incompetent driving last night. I have never once intended to deliberately ram anyone off in a league race, no matter what the circumstances, but last night I know I should have waited on drivers on at least two occasions, even if the incidents in question look different, depending on whose POV you watch.

I want to go into more detail about lap 1 first. Everyone appeared to get an ok start and safely through into T1, apart from an incident behind me in T1. On the run down into turn 2, and after heavily reviewing the footage, I can see that Iceman may have been having a look at passing Brown on the inside of the corner, but ultimately had to back out as there would have been no room, considering the line Brown would have been on and the fact that Professional was coming down the inside, which may have been off track, but I cannot fully determine if he was forced into taking such a line given the lack of space. It’s at this point that I then notice Iceman lift off the throttle, but I did not realise this fully at the time, which led to me unintentionally hitting him off the circuit and into the barriers, and the only thing preventing me from going into the barriers was the second Red Bull colliding with my right front tyre and speering me back across to the other side, but in reality the Red Bull had nowhere to go.

It was at this point where I then begin to slow down and wait for Iceman, while beginning to apologise over the microphone for the collision, but at the time I began to look back as to where he was on the circuit, and thinking he had damage, gradually started to speed up to carry on and rejoin the track. It took me until lap 6 to realise that he in fact had no damage, but I will discuss that later in the post. It’s the re-entry from the initial incident which I also feel the need to apologise for, when looking back at all of the footage I have witnessed so far I seemed to have been largely responsible for a collision between the two Ferraris. James’ POV shows that he was in essence ‘squeezed’ by me and Hammertime’s McLaren, meaning he was weaving his car to fit into a gap that would have eventually closed. H_Pro’s POV then shows that he is collected by James, purely as an innocent victim as a result of James being ‘boxed in’. My POV shows that I make a swerve manoeuvre during all of this, but this is to avoid the Ferrari collision, which at the time I was uncertain as to which I had made contact with James beforehand. All of the footage I have seen so far however suggests that I made no contact with James whatsoever in T3/4. The contact I had with H_Pro a few seconds after this I feel was more a racing incident, as at the time I could not tell why he was off track, but his footage seems to me that he went off track to avoid hitting me. My proximity arrows on my footage do clearly show he was side by side with me,

The only reason I was in the rear view camera in the build up to this was to assess where Iceman was on or off the track in relation to the previous accident, however I was not focusing on the fact that I could have ruined even more races by not looking forwards (or to the left of the rear view camera to properly assess where other cars were), but instead I had seemed to let the car coast into around the middle of the circuit before roughly applying the throttle at the moment James was forced to begin to swerve to avoid hitting me. I know now that I should have come to a dead stop at the side to let the train of cars through (or gone much, much slower than I did and pull off to the side of the road immediately to let everyone past), partly to avoid such a dangerous re-entry, but partly because it turned out that Iceman had no damage whatsoever, but regardless of what I thought the outcome at the time was – damage or no damage to his car, I should have waited on him. However when racing you cannot always make the correct decision when in the heat of the moment, and mistakes will always creep in, but I do feel that I made one too many mistakes in the space of around 10 seconds.

The next talking point seems to be the end of lap 5 and onto lap 6. Coming into turn 19 on lap 5 I took a little too much speed into the corner and ran wide, then seem to re-enter quickly. H_Pro fortunately noticed this, but looking back I feel I did rejoin the track too abruptly. I have since reviewed both my footage of the incident and his, and it seems we were both leaning towards different parts of the track – I was leaning to the outside a little and he was leaning more towards the pit entry, but the line we were on meant we collided. It meant that I was forced into the pit entry section, but as there is an invisible wall in the pit entry, I ended up pinballing off this and as a result I was powerless to prevent secondary contact with H_Pro, who was attempting to enter the pits.

Onto the beginning of lap 6, while I was still recovering from the previous incident, I was passed by Dan on the pit straight, then Hammertime made a move on me into Turn 1. This led me to take a slightly wider entry into the corner, but I somehow still made the apex. Pepper, who was the next car behind me, has stated that he did try to brake as much as he could, and it could also be argued that I could have given a little more breathing space in the corner, but I was inside the track limits already, but the line he was on meant that he had nowhere to go. He did let me back through afterwards though, a lesson I need to clearly adopt more often from now on.

Later on lap 6, on the long back straight, this was the point where I first noticed that Iceman had no damage from the accident on lap 1, so as he was passing me in the DRS zone I braked a little earlier than normal to at least make amends for not waiting on lap 1, plus my tyres were shot, so if I tried to repass it could have just ended in disaster once again, however Callum behind me says that he lag-tapped me, which forced me to be shunted across the track, and I could not immediately give the position back, considering there were 3 cars really close behind me. A few corners later however I was repassed by Iceman, and I ensured that I simply did not floor it too quickly to allow Iceman back through once again, for the final time.

I can’t remember much of what happened up to lap 27 in terms of incidents, but on lap 27 itself, going into the hairpin I was really close to the back of Rob’s Williams. The normal braking zone for this corner is around the 100m board. I have slowed down this clip many times and keep coming to the same conclusion all the time. I brake just before the 100 board, which suggests that I broke for the corner normally. Over the next 50 metres or so it appears that I shunted into the rear of Rob’s car, but if I’m honest if there was any contact it was very marginal. When I first rewound this I was looking for any sign of the front wing flexing rapidly, then the front nose of the car or a wheel clearly hitting him, but all I keep concluding from my POV that is was a lag bubble tap. For some reason just before we make contact Rob’s car does seem to stop a bit early in a strange sort of manner. I am not suggesting that Rob did this on purpose, I know that he would never do that, but all I am saying is that the POV’s seem entirely different. Rob’s POV indicates there was clear contact and that he was shunted off the road by me, but mine seems to show the differences I have explained above. What happened after this however is what I am not proud of. I knew I was in the wrong, whether it was a lag bubble or not, and I admit that I did not slow down once to let Rob back past when I clearly should have. It seems I was focused more on the battle for more points when I should have been focusing letting Rob back past me and sacrificing any points I got as a result of making the mistake I made. My initial apology of it being a lag tap over the microphone I will admit was not enough, given the events that have followed. I can understand why Rob was angry with me. I made a stupid mistake in not letting him back past when the whole incident was my fault. Past races of being hit off and with the incident being so close to the end of the USA race would have only added to the tension I feel.

Unfortunately I cannot undo the past, and I will accept any punishment that will come my way from the multiple stewards’ enquiries. At least I am owning up to my many mistakes this race (and what I should have done instead). As a league, this race will take some time to put behind us, largely down to my actions, but I feel the sooner that decisions are made, the better. Sorry that I have took so long in replying to all this, in total all of this took about 3 hours to type out fully. I have gone to great lengths to write out all of this in detail and carefully reviewed the footage at hand multiple times, so anything I have said is not going to be made up at all.

It’s clear that I need to make the correct decisions in-race more often, but in the end I cannot prevent everything.

James Thorpe

F1 Triple Champion
Jan 19, 2014
My footage of all known incidents, and a very, very lengthy explanation to follow.
[DOUBLEPOST=1457394282][/DOUBLEPOST]Well, I know I’m going to receive some backlash with this post either way, but I know I need to explain my on-track actions from last night sooner rather than later. Parts of this post will be going into any relevant stewards thread along with my footage, which is posted above this post. I really don’t blame anyone for taking me to the stewards at all. My driving was not of an acceptable standard last night and I will take whatever penalty or punishment comes my way. I again want to apologise to Rob, Iceman and anyone else’s race I inadvertently ruined as a result of my incompetent driving last night. I have never once intended to deliberately ram anyone off in a league race, no matter what the circumstances, but last night I know I should have waited on drivers on at least two occasions, even if the incidents in question look different, depending on whose POV you watch.

I want to go into more detail about lap 1 first. Everyone appeared to get an ok start and safely through into T1, apart from an incident behind me in T1. On the run down into turn 2, and after heavily reviewing the footage, I can see that Iceman may have been having a look at passing Brown on the inside of the corner, but ultimately had to back out as there would have been no room, considering the line Brown would have been on and the fact that Professional was coming down the inside, which may have been off track, but I cannot fully determine if he was forced into taking such a line given the lack of space. It’s at this point that I then notice Iceman lift off the throttle, but I did not realise this fully at the time, which led to me unintentionally hitting him off the circuit and into the barriers, and the only thing preventing me from going into the barriers was the second Red Bull colliding with my right front tyre and speering me back across to the other side, but in reality the Red Bull had nowhere to go.

It was at this point where I then begin to slow down and wait for Iceman, while beginning to apologise over the microphone for the collision, but at the time I began to look back as to where he was on the circuit, and thinking he had damage, gradually started to speed up to carry on and rejoin the track. It took me until lap 6 to realise that he in fact had no damage, but I will discuss that later in the post. It’s the re-entry from the initial incident which I also feel the need to apologise for, when looking back at all of the footage I have witnessed so far I seemed to have been largely responsible for a collision between the two Ferraris. James’ POV shows that he was in essence ‘squeezed’ by me and Hammertime’s McLaren, meaning he was weaving his car to fit into a gap that would have eventually closed. H_Pro’s POV then shows that he is collected by James, purely as an innocent victim as a result of James being ‘boxed in’. My POV shows that I make a swerve manoeuvre during all of this, but this is to avoid the Ferrari collision, which at the time I was uncertain as to which I had made contact with James beforehand. All of the footage I have seen so far however suggests that I made no contact with James whatsoever in T3/4. The contact I had with H_Pro a few seconds after this I feel was more a racing incident, as at the time I could not tell why he was off track, but his footage seems to me that he went off track to avoid hitting me. My proximity arrows on my footage do clearly show he was side by side with me,

The only reason I was in the rear view camera in the build up to this was to assess where Iceman was on or off the track in relation to the previous accident, however I was not focusing on the fact that I could have ruined even more races by not looking forwards (or to the left of the rear view camera to properly assess where other cars were), but instead I had seemed to let the car coast into around the middle of the circuit before roughly applying the throttle at the moment James was forced to begin to swerve to avoid hitting me. I know now that I should have come to a dead stop at the side to let the train of cars through (or gone much, much slower than I did and pull off to the side of the road immediately to let everyone past), partly to avoid such a dangerous re-entry, but partly because it turned out that Iceman had no damage whatsoever, but regardless of what I thought the outcome at the time was – damage or no damage to his car, I should have waited on him. However when racing you cannot always make the correct decision when in the heat of the moment, and mistakes will always creep in, but I do feel that I made one too many mistakes in the space of around 10 seconds.

The next talking point seems to be the end of lap 5 and onto lap 6. Coming into turn 19 on lap 5 I took a little too much speed into the corner and ran wide, then seem to re-enter quickly. H_Pro fortunately noticed this, but looking back I feel I did rejoin the track too abruptly. I have since reviewed both my footage of the incident and his, and it seems we were both leaning towards different parts of the track – I was leaning to the outside a little and he was leaning more towards the pit entry, but the line we were on meant we collided. It meant that I was forced into the pit entry section, but as there is an invisible wall in the pit entry, I ended up pinballing off this and as a result I was powerless to prevent secondary contact with H_Pro, who was attempting to enter the pits.

Onto the beginning of lap 6, while I was still recovering from the previous incident, I was passed by Dan on the pit straight, then Hammertime made a move on me into Turn 1. This led me to take a slightly wider entry into the corner, but I somehow still made the apex. Pepper, who was the next car behind me, has stated that he did try to brake as much as he could, and it could also be argued that I could have given a little more breathing space in the corner, but I was inside the track limits already, but the line he was on meant that he had nowhere to go. He did let me back through afterwards though, a lesson I need to clearly adopt more often from now on.

Later on lap 6, on the long back straight, this was the point where I first noticed that Iceman had no damage from the accident on lap 1, so as he was passing me in the DRS zone I braked a little earlier than normal to at least make amends for not waiting on lap 1, plus my tyres were shot, so if I tried to repass it could have just ended in disaster once again, however Callum behind me says that he lag-tapped me, which forced me to be shunted across the track, and I could not immediately give the position back, considering there were 3 cars really close behind me. A few corners later however I was repassed by Iceman, and I ensured that I simply did not floor it too quickly to allow Iceman back through once again, for the final time.

I can’t remember much of what happened up to lap 27 in terms of incidents, but on lap 27 itself, going into the hairpin I was really close to the back of Rob’s Williams. The normal braking zone for this corner is around the 100m board. I have slowed down this clip many times and keep coming to the same conclusion all the time. I brake just before the 100 board, which suggests that I broke for the corner normally. Over the next 50 metres or so it appears that I shunted into the rear of Rob’s car, but if I’m honest if there was any contact it was very marginal. When I first rewound this I was looking for any sign of the front wing flexing rapidly, then the front nose of the car or a wheel clearly hitting him, but all I keep concluding from my POV that is was a lag bubble tap. For some reason just before we make contact Rob’s car does seem to stop a bit early in a strange sort of manner. I am not suggesting that Rob did this on purpose, I know that he would never do that, but all I am saying is that the POV’s seem entirely different. Rob’s POV indicates there was clear contact and that he was shunted off the road by me, but mine seems to show the differences I have explained above. What happened after this however is what I am not proud of. I knew I was in the wrong, whether it was a lag bubble or not, and I admit that I did not slow down once to let Rob back past when I clearly should have. It seems I was focused more on the battle for more points when I should have been focusing letting Rob back past me and sacrificing any points I got as a result of making the mistake I made. My initial apology of it being a lag tap over the microphone I will admit was not enough, given the events that have followed. I can understand why Rob was angry with me. I made a stupid mistake in not letting him back past when the whole incident was my fault. Past races of being hit off and with the incident being so close to the end of the USA race would have only added to the tension I feel.

Unfortunately I cannot undo the past, and I will accept any punishment that will come my way from the multiple stewards’ enquiries. At least I am owning up to my many mistakes this race (and what I should have done instead). As a league, this race will take some time to put behind us, largely down to my actions, but I feel the sooner that decisions are made, the better. Sorry that I have took so long in replying to all this, in total all of this took about 3 hours to type out fully. I have gone to great lengths to write out all of this in detail and carefully reviewed the footage at hand multiple times, so anything I have said is not going to be made up at all.

It’s clear that I need to make the correct decisions in-race more often, but in the end I cannot prevent everything.
And despite all of these chinanigangs I managed to finish only 0,2s ahead across the line ;)

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
I'd have liked to see your overtake of me from your perspective, are you going to make a race edit?
Where did I overtake you? I tried to put all of the overtakes there. That video is almost all I got where is action. Recording autostop in end of L13.

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
I'll check it when I'm home, and post it if you want me to. I can't remember overtaking you or what happened so I can't comment on what happened now.

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
@Defiant195
When we collided in lap 1, wich got me a 10sec. penalty, did you had to lift or brake because of the chaos created infront of us.??
Damn; 4 sure i'll be recording next season.!!

pepper_F1

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jul 20, 2014
Here's my highlights!!! God it felt good be back to recording xp

mazais5727

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 1, 2016
well..my english not well,but i hope everyone understands me.this was my first race with real strong and fair players.i'm excited with result,and thanks for chance to drive with you all.i hope that was not my first and only race with you guys..good luck and hope to see you all in brazil :)

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
well..my english not well,but i hope everyone understands me.this was my first race with real strong and fair players.i'm excited with result,and thanks for chance to drive with you all.i hope that was not my first and only race with you guys..good luck and hope to see you all in brazil :)
You are a very clean driver with good pace. Looking forward to racing you in Brazil!