Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

Round 8 - Austrian Grand Prix
Season 9

Race Information:

Date: Thursday 15th January 2015
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Spielberg

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

Important Links:

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

Race Graphic:

L4p1k

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 10, 2015
Is there a chance to get to the race as a reserve driver (after compliting sign-up process), if some of the racers are not online or can't start the race?

kieron

GP2 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2014
Is there a chance to get to the race as a reserve driver (after compliting sign-up process), if some of the racers are not online or can't start the race?
Yes there is, if they think you are fast enough for our league that would be which I assume you are confident you are fast enough, all you need to do is complete the sign up process lol :). And everyone on wheels finally here is a track you can smash all us pad users!:)

Reactions: L4p1k

coaches82

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
The stewards have looked into the 2nd incident shown have the overall view that the contact made with @@JIM-JakeT although not deliberate, Kieran would've known about the contact that occurred and as such failed to wait for the affected driver to recover, So for this incident we have decided to award a Qualifying Ban on the next attended race, along with 5 penalty pts for a minor contact and 10 pts for failing to wait.

Head Steward

Nico

2-time AOR Rally League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Im back this week with my new Thrustmaster T300 wheel :)

Feels good, just need to get some nails and attach the pedals to the floor haha.
They're so light, at one point i actually managed to flip them upside down during a practice race :woot:

This is apparently a wheeltrack, so hoping for a good result.

Last edited:

Prehn

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Im back this week with my new Thrustmaster T300 wheel :)

Feels good, just need to get some nails and attach the pedals to the floor haha.
They're so light, at one point i actually managed to flip them upside down during a practice race :woot:

This is apparently a wheeltrack, so hoping for a good result.
McLaren 1-2 finish :)

Reactions: Nico

Nico

2-time AOR Rally League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
McLaren 1-2 finish :)
Struggling to find both race and qualipace at the moment, so not looking good haha.
Cant really blame the wheel anymore, so have to find another excuse :)

Kieran470

F1 Reserve Driver
Apr 14, 2014
The stewards have looked into the 2nd incident shown have the overall view that the contact made with @@JIM-JakeT although not deliberate, Kieran would've known about the contact that occurred and as such failed to wait for the affected driver to recover, So for this incident we have decided to award a Qualifying Ban on the next attended race, along with 5 penalty pts for a minor contact and 10 pts for failing to wait.

Head Steward
Do I get 2 penalty point counts since I am in 2 leagues cos it seems a bit unfair if they are all on the same count.

Kieran470

F1 Reserve Driver
Apr 14, 2014
Well I'll have to consider my position in this league as I don't want to be racking up penalty points Whic will affect me in my main league, not saying I will quit this thursday league but with lag and me not being able to prove my innocence with a pov I might have to.

Elite_sultan

Ex Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 13, 2014
Well I'll have to consider my position in this league as I don't want to be racking up penalty points Whic will affect me in my main league, not saying I will quit this thursday league but with lag and me not being able to prove my innocence with a pov I might have to.
You will be fine mate

Kieran470

F1 Reserve Driver
Apr 14, 2014
20 penalty points after 9 races with 20+ races to go I'm not sure, I think 50 is a permanent ban.

FTR Liam

Reigning AOR PS3 Thursday F1 Champion
Jun 23, 2014
Just to clarify, are there any rules on the pit entry here, with the potential of drivers just cutting in last minute, or sticking to the white lines before the 2nd last corner? I know we should all follow the lines, but especially at this track alot can be gained from it, & is hard to police @Elite_sultan @coaches82

Last edited:

Elite_sultan

Ex Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 13, 2014
Just to clarify, are there any rules on the pit entry here, with the potential of drivers just cutting in last minute, or sticking to the white lines before the 2nd last corner? I know we should all follow the lines, but especially at this track alot can be gained from it, & is hard to police @Elite_sultan @coaches82
I have not seen anything flying around about it all I would say is just use abit common sense, but I know what you mean about gaining time from a last second cut in.

FTR Liam

Jun 23, 2014
I have not seen anything flying around about it all I would say is just use abit common sense, but I know what you mean about gaining time from a last second cut in.
Yeah, it's not something i personally would do, it's more for if i saw other people doing it whether it was worth an enquiry or not if anything had been said.

Elite_sultan

Ex Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 13, 2014
Yeah, it's not something i personally would do, it's more for if i saw other people doing it whether it was worth an enquiry or not if anything had been said.
I've noticed there is a big white painted bit of tarmac, I'd say if people are cutting in over that then that would be classed as abusing track limits perhaps.

FTR Liam

Jun 23, 2014
I've noticed there is a big white painted bit of tarmac, I'd say if people are cutting in over that then that would be classed as abusing track limits perhaps.
The big UBS logo, oh yeah, going over that is definitely abusing limits lol

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
The guys in split 4 covered this with the pit entry before the race i hope this helps you guys, and thanks to neil for his picture to help clarify things

See image here, my racing line is shown in red, so if I were pitting I'd try to take the bend at about the same speed and and then cut to the right ensuring I didn't run into that triangular no go zone. Just my opinion, I don't think it contradicts your entry guidance.

View attachment 1183

Reactions: kieron

Elite_sultan

Ex Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 13, 2014
The guys in split 4 covered this with the pit entry before the race i hope this helps you guys, and thanks to neil for his picture to help clarify things

Spot on bud, that's exactly what I was trying to describe[emoji106]