PS3 - F1 Thursday - Austrian GP - 15/01/15 - 8.00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 - F1 Thursday - Austrian GP - 15/01/15 - 8.00pm

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

JIM-JakeT

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 17, 2014
Did you spin at the last corner last lap or something? I'm sure before i went into spectator you were 2nd last?
I lost the rear end once and fishtailed all the way to the line, was fishtailing all the way through s3... didnt affect the result anyway because i had a corner cutting penalty for turn one. Don't know why I bother racing tbh, was challenging for top 2 turn 3 lap one and finish the lap in 10th

FTR Liam

Reigning AOR PS3 Thursday F1 Champion
Jun 23, 2014
I lost the rear end once and fishtailed all the way to the line, was fishtailing all the way through s3... didnt affect the result anyway because i had a corner cutting penalty for turn one. Don't know why I bother racing tbh, was challenging for top 2 turn 3 lap one and finish the lap in 10th
Ah, i wondered what happened, what actually happened T3 lap 1? I was a bit far back to see what happened exactly

JIM-JakeT

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 17, 2014
Ah, i wondered what happened, what actually happened T3 lap 1? I was a bit far back to see what happened exactly
Well I was challenging Nico and me, him and kieron were 3 wide, i broke later than nico, ended up sliding into him, we both caught it but i was on the grass by the end of it, tryed to re-enter the track and the grass just spun me... something happens every race to stop me having a shot at a good result so I should probably just get used to it

kieron

GP2 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2014
Q: 07.6 not really far off my theoretical best lap which is 07.4/3 but hey good lap for us pad users but only quailed 5th, great pace from the wheel guys in qualy. RACE: That was one of the best if not the best race all season! Like 5/6 cars within 4/5 seconds for like 25+ laps then it eventually during the second pit stop phase spread out and I was battling with just Prehn for the last like 10 laps and it was great fun! And good clean driving! But ultimately I got the win due to pad traction out of the hairpin when Prehn was pretty much pass me in the braking zone on the last lap, but I learnt from the lap before wheel gets even worse traction when on the inside. So I let him take the inside on the last lap which gave me pad traction and kept me ahead! :) great race today and great race Prehn :). And that guy I use as a team mate got a nice third place too, I guess.

FTR Liam

Jun 23, 2014
Q: 07.6 not really far off my theoretical best lap which is 07.4/3 but hey good lap for us pad users but only quailed 5th, great pace from the wheel guys in qualy. RACE: That was one of the best if not the best race all season! Like 5/6 cars within 4/5 seconds for like 25+ laps then it eventually during the second pit stop phase spread out and I was battling with just Prehn for the last like 10 laps and it was great fun! And good clean driving! But ultimately I got the win due to pad traction out of the hairpin when Prehn was pretty much pass me in the braking zone on the last lap, but I learnt from the lap before wheel gets even worse traction when on the inside. So I let him take the inside on the last lap which gave me pad traction and kept me ahead! :) great race today and great race Prehn :). And that guy I use as a team mate got a nice third place too, I guess.
I really strongly dislike you at times

Reactions: kieron

coaches82

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I was at fault for the incident at T2 on the 1st lap. Sorry :facepalm: I was carrying so much speed, totally misjudged my braking tapped Gaz who then hit Kieron. Didn't seem to change the order out the T2 too much so pulled over and conceded a couple of places as punishment. I was too far back to see what happened in T3.Ill put video up over the weekend.

Was happy with quali and had some nice battles throughout. Was actually able to race wheel to wheel with pad users!! Had a great battle with Nico during middle stint and just couldn't find a way past Gaz during last stint. Congrats to the guys on the podium. Back to pad v wheel next week though...:mad:

Reactions: FTR Liam and kieron

Nico

2-time AOR Rally League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Felt great to get my first pole in F1, never would have guessed it before the race :) #wheelhacksftw
Racepace was bad, especially my primestint. So lost a lot of positions due to many small mistakes.
Many good battles along the way. Receedit up tomorrow with q-lap.

Here is a lap i did earlier today :)

coaches82

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Here's my race edit, sorry it's a bit long but actually had an eventful race for a change. Some nice battles with Nico, Liam and Gaz. Sorry again for t2 on first lap. :banghead:

FRC-Prinz

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 22, 2014
Bad race from me. Race pace was ok but too many mistakes from me. especially out of the corner i had as always my problems.:(

FTR Liam

Jun 23, 2014

Here is my highlights, the first race in a while that's been good enough for me to make the effort of highlights!

Prehn

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Lap 15 PREHN you made me full rally drift in turn one aha! Looks amazing
Was hoping to sneak past Liam :) My video is underway, but I'm not home and uploading it takes 10 hours. Should be up sunday.

JIM-JakeT

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 17, 2014

Here is my highlights, the first race in a while that's been good enough for me to make the effort of highlights!
If only every race was like this </3 (not from what happened to me, obviously but im sure if I didnt spin I could have had some fun too)

Prehn

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Firstly I forgot to change to the McLaren so I raced in the Marussia, and it took a while to get used to.

Q: 2nd. My PB was around 07.0's, so a 07.4 was ok in the Marussia. Very happy with 2nd.

R: 2nd. Good start and was along side Nico into T1. Passed him in T2 where there were an incident behind me. Kieron caught me and we had a little battle in the first stint. We both pitted on lap 12 and I was right behind Kieron in hopes of jumping him in the pits. It didn't work and we came out with Liam between us and Gazer ahead. I stayed behind the battle of the 3 ahead for several laps. Drez caught me and passed. He joined the the guys ahead and later there was an incident between Drez and Gazer, I didn't see it. I was now 3rd behind Kieron and Liam. And on lap 24 Liam lost the rear just before the pits and we almost touched.
Last stint was all about staying behind Kieron and wait for an opening. It happened a few times, but with the bad traction on the wheel I couldn't stay ahead in the hairpin. Happy with 2nd.

FTR Liam

Jun 23, 2014
Firstly I forgot to change to the McLaren so I raced in the Marussia, and it took a while to get used to.

Q: 2nd. My PB was around 07.0's, so a 07.4 was ok in the Marussia. Very happy with 2nd.

R: 2nd. Good start and was along side Nico into T1. Passed him in T2 where there were an incident behind me. Kieron caught me and we had a little battle in the first stint. We both pitted on lap 12 and I was right behind Kieron in hopes of jumping him in the pits. It didn't work and we came out with Liam between us and Gazer ahead. I stayed behind the battle of the 3 ahead for several laps. Drez caught me and passed. He joined the the guys ahead and later there was an incident between Drez and Gazer, I didn't see it. I was now 3rd behind Kieron and Liam. And on lap 24 Liam lost the rear just before the pits and we almost touched.
Last stint was all about staying behind Kieron and wait for an opening. It happened a few times, but with the bad traction on the wheel I couldn't stay ahead in the hairpin. Happy with 2nd.

My tyres were completely gone before that 2nd stop haha, I was wheel spinning in 5th

FTR Liam

Jun 23, 2014

My tyres were completely gone before that 2nd stop haha, I was wheel spinning in 5th