PS3 - F1 Thursday - Round 14 - Singapore GP - 05/03/15 - 8.00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 - F1 Thursday - Round 14 - Singapore GP - 05/03/15 - 8.00pm

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I haven't been on this game for years. I've been milking the break week. What time will you guys be online for practice and which cars are available?

FTR Liam

Reigning AOR PS3 Thursday F1 Champion
Jun 23, 2014
I haven't been on this game for years. I've been milking the break week. What time will you guys be online for practice and which cars are available?
Me & kieron & maybe some others will be on about 6ish, as far as I'm aware the Toro Rosso, Marussia & FI are free (I think!)

• Informative
Reactions: Prehn and DON SILVA

JIM-JakeT

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 17, 2014
Me & kieron & maybe some others will be on about 6ish, as far as I'm aware the Toro Rosso, Marussia & FI are free (I think!)
Yeah, an red bull :p I will be on at like literally 6:30-8pm. Anywhere between then depending on what happens tonight :p

FRC-Prinz

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 22, 2014
I cannot racing tonight guys because i Must work longer today.[emoji31] [emoji31] [emoji31]

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Srry guys, have to go out unexpected.
Don't know if i'll be back in time.
But please send an invite in case i'll make it.
:(

Prehn

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
My wife's delayed and my son won't sleep. I am doing everything I can to make. Just sent invites and I'll join you when he sleeps.

Reactions: JIM-JakeT

JIM-JakeT

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 17, 2014
Boring race. Got two penalties because of corner cutting. Managed to gain 20 seconds before the last sector of the race and then half spun. Pissed off to say the least.. Coaches was also lagging his balls off all of the first stint.

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Loaded the wrong set up, got involved in a T1 pile up (which is where my penalty came from), was slow as ****, there was no driveability on the primes whatsoever and an autospin kerb destroyed my front wing twice. Disaster.

Apologies to @coaches82 for the contact on the final lap. I reacted too slowly to you braking early. Same to @Gazza. I don't think the T1 collision was my fault. I got squeezed and then ended up tangled up with your left rear.

God help me if I end up getting promoted...

Last edited:

JIM-JakeT

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 17, 2014
The two penalties were from cuts that I didn't gain a thing, because they were on worn tyres and it was more of a spin through the corners than an actual cut... really really annoyed with that tbh.
[DOUBLEPOST=1426801180][/DOUBLEPOST]Not to be a complainer but I also refuse to drive this lotus anymore :)

Nico

2-time AOR Rally League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Not really sure what happened on turn 1, tried to give Gaz room, but we still ended up in the barrier.

FTR Liam

Reigning AOR PS3 Thursday F1 Champion
Jun 23, 2014
Well main thing I can take from that, is that Q lap is the best I've done on 2014. 2 seasons in a row I've nailed a Singapore lap on my first go. Either way the race was rather calm after kieron got his pen. Just tried to control the pace & make sure i never got one myself, & with Jake about 35s behind, I had plenty breathing room.

kieron

GP2 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2014
Hmm Q: bad lap tbh PB is 1.40.7

RACE: tbh was really good pace to keep with Liam considering in practice before the race he was 42.0 lap 2, I just put so much pressure on he could get no where near that time. And I kept up fairly well, then I cut the chicane in sector 2, 2 laps in a row and got a straight pen for it, like I'm not super human that was literally the only 2 cuts I did and straight pen. This game is beyond stupid, but after that I decided to half push but not to much in hope something would happen to Liam, I did a good job but it wasn't to be. Another thing to add to my que of good luck recently.

coaches82

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q - 5
R - 5

Just scraped through the t1 incident on 1st lap and made 2 positions, held 3rd for a bit until @JIM-JakeT caught and passed me with ease. Had a shocking middle stint on primes that allowed @Nico to reel in a 10 sec gap. Made a mistake straight out of the pits on last stint that allowed @Nico to pass and really struggled to keep up with him.
@DON SILVA don't worry about incident during last stint, my tyres totally fell off the cliff and I had to brake so early for every corner. I let you passed because I knew you would be much quicker on fresh options but I guess that I stayed to close behind you and you got blue flagged so had to let me passed again, my fault sorry.
[DOUBLEPOST=1426861130][/DOUBLEPOST]Here is my pov of t1 incident:

Nico

2-time AOR Rally League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Here is my pov of t1 incident:
That clears up the turn 1 incident. Think i've learnt my lesson now, next time i'll just pull over and let the pads past.

Was last after the incident, but @Gazza had to pit for a new wing and @DON SILVA had a few other difficulties,
so was up 2 places by lap 2. Caught up to @RC_MoNsteR_99 on the primes (thx for letting me past m8).
Then managed to have a pretty consistent race. Had a good battle with @coaches82 after our final stop.
The best i could hope for was a podium so happy with my race :)