PS3 - F1 Thursday - Round 7 - Canadian GP - 08/01/15 - 8.00 pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 - F1 Thursday - Round 7 - Canadian GP - 08/01/15 - 8.00 pm

coaches82

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix
Season 9

Race Information:

Date: Thursday 8th January 2015
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Gilles-Villeneuve

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

Informed Absentees:

Important Links:

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

Race Graphic:

JIM-JakeT

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 17, 2014
Hola

JIM-JakeT

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 17, 2014
I really need a good result here haha, I'll have to see what I can do

Frede

1-time AOR PS3 F1 Champion
Jan 14, 2014
I will be there, hoping to keep up my pace :)

coaches82

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Ok guys, hope everyone had a good xmas and new year.
It is that point in the season where it's time for the usual Canada GP warning... KEEP IT BETWEEN THE WHITE LINES!!!!
There has already been a huge amount of stewards enquiries from the sunday leagues and some shocking cuts caught on video so please be careful.

For those who haven't seen Fisi's message regarding corner cutting:

"In qualifying; if you make a clear cut on a hot lap, you're expected to not take advantage of it. This means, either aborting the lap, or lifting off the throttle slightly to visibly show that you're not gaining an advantage from it (I barely ever see anyone do the latter, but that's something that would work as a defence in a potential stewards enquiry). Of course, the difficult part here is the where to draw the line between what is a clear cut and what isn't a clear cut, and it's impossible to put a solid measurement on it. But the way I see it, if your car is outside the track limits in a way that is visibly obvious, then it's a clear cut. However if the cut is marginal and right on the limit to the extent have to pause the video and look closely to see if a cut was actually committed, then it's probably not a clear cut.

In the race; it's also impossible to put an exact measurement on what is excessive cutting in the race, but I'd say that if you average more than one clear cut per lap, or if you cut/extend the same corner lap after lap, that would be classed as excessive.

It may sound a bit harsh, but that's how it is. As you know, the rules are in place in an effort to make sure people drive cleanly, and there's no point in the rules if we don't enforce them. So if evidence is reported to us of someone not adhering to the guidelines above, we have no choice but to take action."

Reactions: kieron and Prehn

Prehn

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I expect to finish last this race. Has only done a few laps since last race and won't have time to do any more.

JIM-JakeT

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 17, 2014
I expect to finish last this race. Has only done a few laps since last race and won't have time to do any more.
I think many people are in the same boat mate, i've practiced but without success :banghead:

kieron

GP2 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2014
Hello coaches too ;) I hope you had a good Xmas and new year, and let's have a clean race.

PedroRC

GP2 Reserve Driver
Feb 16, 2014
Hi Guys. I cant race tonight. Have a good one.

Reactions: JIM-JakeT

Nico

2-time AOR Rally League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Sorry but i have to miss tonights race due to some technical problems.
My wheel has lately been acting very strange, and i think its time to get a new one.

I tried upgrading to a pad, but i was like Bambi on ice lol, no idea how some of you can drive with this thing:banghead:

Have ordered a new wheel and hope to have it early next week :)

Have a good race guys.

Reactions: kieron

Elite_Indrek

GP2 1st Driver
Jan 16, 2014
did few laps today after1.5 rest of racing...all in all my car dont like to move at all...cya all tonight

kieron

GP2 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2014
Sorry but i have to miss tonights race due to some technical problems.
My wheel has lately been acting very strange, and i think its time to get a new one.

I tried upgrading to a pad, but i was like Bambi on ice lol, no idea how some of you can drive with this thing:banghead:

Have ordered a new wheel and hope to have it early next week :)

Have a good race guys.
See pad isn't as easy as everyone says....all you wheel users like blabla pads so easy, then when you get a wheel user to use pad for a few sessions they're 2/3 seconds off their wheel pace aha.

Nico

2-time AOR Rally League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
See pad isn't as easy as everyone says....all you wheel users like blabla pads so easy, then when you get a wheel user to use pad for a few sessions they're 2/3 seconds off their wheel pace aha.
Yes i can confirm the pad is definitely about 3-4 seconds slower then the wheel haha,
but then the last time i used the thing was on Super Mario so i might be a bit rusty :)

JIM-JakeT

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 17, 2014
Yes i can confirm the pad is definitely about 3-4 seconds slower then the wheel haha,
but then the last time i used the thing was on Super Mario so i might be a bit rusty :)
How'd you like the turn in? :D

coaches82

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Hi Guys. I cant race tonight. Have a good one.
Ok seen as RC can't make it tonight I will host, unless anyone else has a really good connection? i will send out friend request's on psn to those I don't already have.

kieron

GP2 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2014
Ok seen as RC can't make it tonight I will host, unless anyone else has a really good connection? i will send out friend request's on psn to those I don't already have.
Little worried for tonight, I have big internet problems and always DC RC is one of the only people I've never dC'd with as host :(

Reactions: PedroRC

coaches82

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
My connection is pretty good and I was host in Sunday f1 last year without too many problems, hopefully you will b ok m8

SrPetete

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Hey! I wont race tonight. Uni is so hard this month...exams exams and more exams :(

Enjoy! See you ;)

Kieran470

F1 Reserve Driver
Apr 14, 2014
Dammit! Internet cut out :(