PS3 - F1 Thursday - Round 9 - British GP - 22/01/15 - 8.00 pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 - F1 Thursday - Round 9 - British GP - 22/01/15 - 8.00 pm

coaches82

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

Round 9 - British Grand Prix
Season 9

Race Information:

Date: Thursday 22nd January 2015
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Silverstone Circuit

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

Important Links:

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

Race Graphic:

Elite_sultan

Ex Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 13, 2014
It's all about who's one stopping and who's two stopping!:) but I think Indrek has a pretty high chance of winning
I think I'm going with a 2 stop but that is likely to change on the day[emoji51]

kieron

GP2 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2014
Okay well my PB in qualy is 31.5 :) which is basically as fast as wheel users.. And wheel is so much faster sector 2 so I'm feeling confident for this race :)

Kieran470

F1 Reserve Driver
Apr 14, 2014
I'm going to miss this one and I might have to give up my spot altogether as my football just changed to Thursday nights, typical! I'll update when I find out if if is a permanent change.

FTR Liam

Reigning AOR PS3 Thursday F1 Champion
Jun 23, 2014
Really not sure what to expect coming into this, shown signs of pace, but didn't start practice until last night

Elite_Indrek

GP2 1st Driver
Jan 16, 2014
Q 1st-ok lap,could do better
R 3rd-ok start,didnt push at start ,just found a rhytm somekinda,after pit top cot stuck whit Kieron...lost about 5-6 sec ther....after second stop got hit by Drez,off track lost another 5-6 sec ,Kieron lagged beside me and i cot penalty on straight line,it will be removed when i upload video whitout Drez crash i had a chanse to win
good job Nico ,Gazza

S2V Miguel

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Hi guys. I apologize for my poor activity here lately. I'm with exams at university

See you in february (y)

Nico

2-time AOR Rally League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Thx Indrek, thought the best i could hope for today was a podium.
First win in F1 feels great, never would have thought it was possible before the season :)

One stop gave me the win, gave me clean air for the primestint.
Was fighting with Gazer the whole race, was great fun. Seems like we had same pace.
Pitted on lap 10 for primes, was a few laps to early but it got me ahed of Gazer who pitted 2-3 laps later.
Kept a 3 second gap to Gaz until the last few laps when my tires fell off.

Oh..and a very nice start by Jake. Who needs qualifying when you have a nos-button on your pad haha.

Reactions: Gazza

JIM-JakeT

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 17, 2014
Thx Indrek, thought the best i could hope for today was a podium.
First win in F1 feels great, never would have thought it was possible before the season :)

One stop gave me the win, gave me clean air for the primestint.
Was fighting with Gazer the whole race, was great fun. Seems like we had same pace.
Pitted on lap 10 for primes, was a few laps to early but it got me ahed of Gazer who pitted 2-3 laps later.
Kept a 3 second gap to Gaz until the last few laps when my tires fell off.

Oh..and a very nice start by Jake. Who needs qualifying when you have a nos-button on your pad haha.
Shame I finished dead last... :( Congrats on the win man

kieron

GP2 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2014
Qualy 3rd was okay 31.9 but my PB was 31.5 ( IM ON PAD ) haha RACE Was crap start cos of primes I did a risky strategy and it didn't really pay off today as I finished 4th with indrek 3rd and a pen I assume will get removed. But tbh I would like to add indrek you did push me off the track on that straight, I was side by side with you and you just drove me off the track as if I wasn't even there.. I have no evidence and don't really care because I backed off because you had pushed me completely onto the grass.. So I think the lag was more on your part mate. Everyone else was perfectly fine not lagging.. And WELL DONE Nico on the win man good driving and my old buddy gaz on second place :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Gazza

JIM-JakeT

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 17, 2014
Quali - 4th (1:32.017) - VERY happy with that lap! Beat my PB by half a second when it mattered. I was the only guy left on the track at the end or quali and was set to be dead last with a 1:33.0 but I somehow managed to beat that by a SECOND despite the huge pressure I felt. (as you can see i was very happy)
Race - LAST
Got the fastest lap of the race with a 1:32.6 so that was a bonus.
Any wheel user who says pad is OP at silverstone to me again is gonna be punched xD (JOKING)
Started 4th, got a great start, tried around the outside of Nico (who was on options compared to my primes) and I got him after he ran wide at turn 3. Was sticking with everyones pace up until lap 3 where i felt I was hit from behind coming into maggots, therefore meaning I had to go straight on, which gave Gaz the position. Then I pitted lap 5 and came out just behind Liam who by sector 3 I was on the back of, went for a move around the outside but was hit (even though it was lag) which lost me about 3.8 sec and just ruined all the momentum I had. I felt I had great pace at one of my least favourite tracks but just couldn't follow it up! Oh well, I like Germany so I hope for a good result there :)