PS3 F3 (Sunday) - Round 12 - Singapore Grand Prix [09/02/14 - 7:30pm UK Time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 F3 (Sunday) - Round 12 - Singapore Grand Prix [09/02/14 - 7:30pm UK Time]

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l578/owzl6/race12-sing-2_zps3a712e1a.png Round 12- Singapore Gr

• Philip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • iPro x Owen

• AlphaDelta

• James Thorpe

• xGATECRASHERx

• Eff One Atx

• Sharky69

• aarava

• Total voters

xGATECRASHERx

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Watched it a few times now. Looks like I get turned into but hey Ho these things happen. My race report - Crap qualifying and boring race as couldn't catch up after first corner incident. Finished 8th and 4 more points. Thank god that track has gone and onwards to Hungary. Well done Blake on the win and the other 2 on the podium.

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Qual: SAD
Race; SAD. Dont know what happened. Couldnt hold her steady. Not one turn!! Wasted 2 Fwings on it and tires felt like plastic.
TTs and races i thought i had the setup nailed. Even tire wear was minimal.???
Could score a few points though, so must be satisfied with the results.
Great race Team M8. At least i was able to lap you back.!! :flapper: Again some great points for the construct titlle.
Good race again by JIm, Pro and Delta.
Hope Hungary will be better. See you all there. !!

owentq128

? PS4 S1 Touring Cars Elite Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Quali: 1st - First AOR Pole in 4th season I have started :D

Race: 2nd - Started first and had a good first stint with occasionally defending against blake, Pitted lap 6 for primes and had an overtake on Eff One just after my stop and was back in the lead, Lap 14 and I locked up and went into the wall losing my front wing [Enter every swear in the dictionary] :p. Dropped to 6th by the time I came back out off the pits, and from then on I was on a banzai run, literally driving the wheels off the car. Until pitted on Lap 24 for some options, came out 35 seconds off the leader and in 4th, Luckily Alpha pitted again, which promoted me to the podium. While doing this I set fastest lap off the race and I feel that is best lap I have ever done hear, hitting every apex and minimal wheelspin. On lap 30 my teammate pitted with a lost front wing which promoted me to second and that is where I finished only 6 seconds behind blake, 2 recommended, I feel 3 stops was actually quicker come the end of the race. Anyways congratz blake for win, Jim for his first podium and everyone else for not bringing out a safety car. :) Highlights are below.

[video=youtube;1LqXmCU2W5U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LqXmCU2W5U[/video]

blake300892

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Well Qualifying was wet, not what anyone wants to see around Singapore, especially when you want to use qualifying as your practice session.
However I then thought, maybe the rain isn't so bad, if I can keep it out the walls in the wet, theoretically, should be able to in the dry.

Put 9 laps of fuel in the car to get a feel for some fuel on board and just went out to circulate for the whole session without coming back in.

Quickly found myself remembering my braking points and despite some scary near misses and sideways moments kept adding the laps up and surprisingly found myself up in 2nd place, nicely ideal round a street circuit to avoid getting caught in traffic. On my final lap I did eventually bin it in the wall of turn 5 onto the back straight and called it a day.
Still expecting improvements from elsewhere so was delighted with a front row start for the first time in a very long time.

Race was its own challenge before even getting off the line.
Didn't know how to tackle strategy, I was still of the belief it was the super softs and softs as in previous years so seeing the mediums made me realise tyre wear wouldn't be as bad as expected.
Someone decided to start the countdown very early on so I decided to not bother with a strategy aside from starting on the options, as mentioned yesterday, I was also expecting safety cars so thought planning pit stops would be a bit redundant with breaks in the action to take advantage of.

Got off the line decently, maintained position and had a look at Owen at the end of the back straight but wasn't going to risk an overtake by guessing a late braking point so was content to play it safe and sit behind him.
I was expecting Owen to pull away but I was able to keep well in touch over the first laps, and combined with a shared 3rd place of EffOne and other Owen, I was seeing a nice cushion being built behind and realising early on a podium was mine to blow.

Blow it I nearly did on Lap 5 when I put it in the wall at the chicane in the last sector in the tunnel. Front wing gone and puncture meant I knew Owen was home free now and I limped around and entered the pitlane just as the rest of the field were coming behind me, so the whole cushion gone.
The silver lining of this however was that it was near enough at the pit window, I was planning to pit on Lap 6/7, so on fresh rubber I was straight back up to speed and knew that on the whole, I would still be in 2nd or 3rd with most cars getting out my way via pitstops as opposed to requiring overtakes.

As the pitstops cycled through and me and Owen had picked off EffOne, the gap was about 8-9 seconds to Owen and I was pulling away from 3rd place again.
I was half settling for 2nd at this point, thinking all Owen had to do was keep it tidy and guide it to the line, but also made sure that I kept the gap and nibbled away at it just to ensure he couldn't completely back off and kept up that bit of pressure for if he made a little mistake.

As it was, it ended up being a big mistake, hitting the barrier and promoting me to the lead of the race. This also ironically helped me win the race in another way.
I was chasing Owen thinking of stopping around lap 15/16 and going for two options stints as I was struggling on my Primes and the sister Mercedes of Jimbob was cruising up to the back of me, being only about 3 seconds being when I inherited the lead. I was fearful of another crash and knew that, unless I did crash that a podium was probably safe and indeed safer with another two stops.
But I knew that Owen was now forced onto 2 more stops and the couple of laps on fresh options before i stopped would have put us together again, all whilst Jimbob was ahead.
So decided to keep going and eek out some more laps and make just the one more stop and see where that put me.

And indeed, I was back to trailing a Mercedes just a short while after getting the lead as I continued to struggle but kept steadily going round and let Jimbob edge 3-4s ahead in only a couple of laps. Despite struggling on tyres only having done 11-12 laps, I decided the opportunity for the victory was still there, probably for the only time all season, so braved my stop on lap 17 to try and get the undercut and try and hold off a stronger finishing Jimbob at the later stages.
Came out behind Owen, caught up to him after a lap or two and was fortunate to get past when Owen got out of shape on the kerb at the first couple of corners.

Jimbob pitted on lap 19 but I was shocked to see him emerge 8s behind me, not sure if he had an issue somewhere but a 12s turnaround in just two laps was ultimately what won me the race.
I knew what was coming a couple of laps later with Owen releasing Jimbob, it made absolute sense with Owen knowing he had another stop and I was just trying to go as fast as I could whilst not binning it. Was maintaining the gap or only losing the odd couple of tenths til the final 5 laps.

That''s when the tyres started to give up on me again and I was locking up and sliding a bit more and had to back off a bit more, Jimbob was soon closing the gap fast and then I had the odd issue of lapping EffOne's Ferrari and also having Philip being lapped behind me but as I was struggling, there were much faster than myself.
In the end I scared myself off the road as they swarmed behind me in their own scrap, I didn't have the confidence that they wouldn't have a go at me.
I eased off and let Philip by on the start/finish straight but EffOne had disappeared a few corners earlier, didn't see why but I apologise if I was directly involved in that other than just being slow.

2 laps to go my lead was 3s, with Jimbob immediately taking a further second out of the gap in the first sector alone, it was shaping up to be one hell of a nervy finish.
I had Philip spin ahead of me to move back behind me and Jimbob was quick to get through too so I didn't have teammate protection.
However, at the end of the second back straight starting the final sector, Jimbob was in the wall and I was safe to drop it into lean and just tip toe around the last lap with my tyres like driving on ice. Another lap or two and I would have been in big trouble but thankfully, it was just a 31 lap race and I had earned a surprise victory, one I wasn't expecting at all this season.

On a 'normal' race here with outright pace being king, then I'd probably be finishing 3rd behind a Mercedes 1-2, but as I always say, street circuits offer that extra chance for the slightly slower guys as all it takes is one mistake, no matter how quick you are, to heavily impact the race.
Delighted to be able to take advantage and pick up only my 3rd podium of the season

Street Circuits have been a strong point this season by avoiding big mistakes and having decent pace, with the win here following a 2nd place at Monaco as other, faster drivers faltered.
I'm sure I'll drop back to the middle of the pack for the remainder of the season, so will enjoy my win here for the week.

Stefuy

Rookie
Jan 14, 2014
Q-DNQ Just did an Installation lap to see how the car felt in the wet with 0% Change of rain, Nice work Codies!

R-5th
Very happy, Had decent pace but most importantly get It out of wall except for once which cost me 4th.
Congrats to the Podium finishers and Alpha for 4th,
4th was nearly mine and that mistake cost me 4th by about 1.5 secs

James Thorpe

F1 Triple Champion
Jan 19, 2014
Qualy - Dreadfull. Dont like the wet, and to top it of with Singapore. Went off going under the stands and had to reverse which gave me a 10pos grid penalty. So I didn't bother setting a time.Thanks a lot for that codemasters. :(

Race - Thrilled with the result :), Started from the back and was in 5th by the second corner. Came under pressure from Phillip and Alpha in the opening laps. However after a while i found myself picking up the pace and catching him slightly before he barriered it. The 2 stopper was working wonders for me. Was in second most of the racce after Owen let me pass rather than hold me up. Thanks teamate, will repay the favour sometime im sure. Was catching Blake at the final stage of the race after getting second. Sadly it ended in a slightly sad state after puttung myself in the barriers just after i had laped, Phillip and Eff_One. Their battle distracted me since they were cathing me so with 1,5 laps i had to pit for front wing and tyres.

That left Owen to take back second. What a race that could have been if i did not crash, might have cought blake. Who Knows.

Nevermind, the next race should go better. Had a social race last night. I finished 2nd there, ahead of Elite_Sultan,Preh and others from the GP2 and F1 leagues. Might have a shot at the win next time round, as long as i have a clean race. ;)

Thanks for the fun guys, see you on Friday? And on Sunday at Hungary. :)

Eff One ATx

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
blake300892;n11744 said:
Well Qualifying was wet, not what anyone wants to see around Singapore, especially when you want to use qualifying as your practice session.
However I then thought, maybe the rain isn't so bad, if I can keep it out the walls in the wet, theoretically, should be able to in the dry.

Put 9 laps of fuel in the car to get a feel for some fuel on board and just went out to circulate for the whole session without coming back in.

Quickly found myself remembering my braking points and despite some scary near misses and sideways moments kept adding the laps up and surprisingly found myself up in 2nd place, nicely ideal round a street circuit to avoid getting caught in traffic. On my final lap I did eventually bin it in the wall of turn 5 onto the back straight and called it a day.
Still expecting improvements from elsewhere so was delighted with a front row start for the first time in a very long time.

Race was its own challenge before even getting off the line.
Didn't know how to tackle strategy, I was still of the belief it was the super softs and softs as in previous years so seeing the mediums made me realise tyre wear wouldn't be as bad as expected.
Someone decided to start the countdown very early on so I decided to not bother with a strategy aside from starting on the options, as mentioned yesterday, I was also expecting safety cars so thought planning pit stops would be a bit redundant with breaks in the action to take advantage of.

Got off the line decently, maintained position and had a look at Owen at the end of the back straight but wasn't going to risk an overtake by guessing a late braking point so was content to play it safe and sit behind him.
I was expecting Owen to pull away but I was able to keep well in touch over the first laps, and combined with a shared 3rd place of EffOne and other Owen, I was seeing a nice cushion being built behind and realising early on a podium was mine to blow.

Blow it I nearly did on Lap 5 when I put it in the wall at the chicane in the last sector in the tunnel. Front wing gone and puncture meant I knew Owen was home free now and I limped around and entered the pitlane just as the rest of the field were coming behind me, so the whole cushion gone.
The silver lining of this however was that it was near enough at the pit window, I was planning to pit on Lap 6/7, so on fresh rubber I was straight back up to speed and knew that on the whole, I would still be in 2nd or 3rd with most cars getting out my way via pitstops as opposed to requiring overtakes.

As the pitstops cycled through and me and Owen had picked off EffOne, the gap was about 8-9 seconds to Owen and I was pulling away from 3rd place again.
I was half settling for 2nd at this point, thinking all Owen had to do was keep it tidy and guide it to the line, but also made sure that I kept the gap and nibbled away at it just to ensure he couldn't completely back off and kept up that bit of pressure for if he made a little mistake.

As it was, it ended up being a big mistake, hitting the barrier and promoting me to the lead of the race. This also ironically helped me win the race in another way.
I was chasing Owen thinking of stopping around lap 15/16 and going for two options stints as I was struggling on my Primes and the sister Mercedes of Jimbob was cruising up to the back of me, being only about 3 seconds being when I inherited the lead. I was fearful of another crash and knew that, unless I did crash that a podium was probably safe and indeed safer with another two stops.
But I knew that Owen was now forced onto 2 more stops and the couple of laps on fresh options before i stopped would have put us together again, all whilst Jimbob was ahead.
So decided to keep going and eek out some more laps and make just the one more stop and see where that put me.

And indeed, I was back to trailing a Mercedes just a short while after getting the lead as I continued to struggle but kept steadily going round and let Jimbob edge 3-4s ahead in only a couple of laps. Despite struggling on tyres only having done 11-12 laps, I decided the opportunity for the victory was still there, probably for the only time all season, so braved my stop on lap 17 to try and get the undercut and try and hold off a stronger finishing Jimbob at the later stages.
Came out behind Owen, caught up to him after a lap or two and was fortunate to get past when Owen got out of shape on the kerb at the first couple of corners.

Jimbob pitted on lap 19 but I was shocked to see him emerge 8s behind me, not sure if he had an issue somewhere but a 12s turnaround in just two laps was ultimately what won me the race.
I knew what was coming a couple of laps later with Owen releasing Jimbob, it made absolute sense with Owen knowing he had another stop and I was just trying to go as fast as I could whilst not binning it. Was maintaining the gap or only losing the odd couple of tenths til the final 5 laps.

That''s when the tyres started to give up on me again and I was locking up and sliding a bit more and had to back off a bit more, Jimbob was soon closing the gap fast and then I had the odd issue of lapping EffOne's Ferrari and also having Philip being lapped behind me but as I was struggling, there were much faster than myself.
In the end I scared myself off the road as they swarmed behind me in their own scrap, I didn't have the confidence that they wouldn't have a go at me.
I eased off and let Philip by on the start/finish straight but EffOne had disappeared a few corners earlier, didn't see why but I apologise if I was directly involved in that other than just being slow.

2 laps to go my lead was 3s, with Jimbob immediately taking a further second out of the gap in the first sector alone, it was shaping up to be one hell of a nervy finish.
I had Philip spin ahead of me to move back behind me and Jimbob was quick to get through too so I didn't have teammate protection.
However, at the end of the second back straight starting the final sector, Jimbob was in the wall and I was safe to drop it into lean and just tip toe around the last lap with my tyres like driving on ice. Another lap or two and I would have been in big trouble but thankfully, it was just a 31 lap race and I had earned a surprise victory, one I wasn't expecting at all this season.

On a 'normal' race here with outright pace being king, then I'd probably be finishing 3rd behind a Mercedes 1-2, but as I always say, street circuits offer that extra chance for the slightly slower guys as all it takes is one mistake, no matter how quick you are, to heavily impact the race.
Delighted to be able to take advantage and pick up only my 3rd podium of the season

Street Circuits have been a strong point this season by avoiding big mistakes and having decent pace, with the win here following a 2nd place at Monaco as other, faster drivers faltered.
I'm sure I'll drop back to the middle of the pack for the remainder of the season, so will enjoy my win here for the week.
"Cheers" M8 ! nice win, congrats
Also congrats to Thorpe and Owen that was some great driving lads !