PS3 F3 (Sunday) - Round 13 - Hungarian Grand Prix [16/02/14 - 7:30pm UK Time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 F3 (Sunday) - Round 13 - Hungarian Grand Prix [16/02/14 - 7:30pm UK Time]

AlphaDelta

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014

​
Round 13 - Hungarian Grand Prix
Season 7

Race Information:

Date: Sunday 16th February 2014
Time: 7:30pm GMT
Circuit: Hungaroring

• Rules and Regulations
• Current Standings

Track Guide

[video=youtube;0xHCHqDEWKY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xHCHqDEWKY[/video]

*Credit to Yorkie065*

Previous Season Statistics:

Pole Position:
• Season 5:

• Season 6:

Race Winner:
• Season 5:

• Season 6:

Fastest Lap:
• Season 5:

• Season 6:

If you are unable to attend the race PLEASE advise your league coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

Informed Absences
• Stefuy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

xGATECRASHERx

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Done a little practice. 1:22 ' s at moment but can get that down. Like this track and looking at getting back to form

owentq128

? PS4 S1 Touring Cars Elite Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Im just gonna this here for you to enjoy.
[video=youtube;_KkkmO7N1KM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KkkmO7N1KM[/video]

xGATECRASHERx

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Really looking forward to this race. Hopefully it'll be dry and I can get back to for knocking on the door of a podium.

Stefuy

Rookie
Jan 14, 2014
Unfortunatly i cant race as the sickness that i had in monza has returned:( Have a good race Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

AlphaDelta

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Stefuy;n13049 said:
Unfortunatly i cant race as the sickness that i had in monza has returned:( Have a good race Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2
OK, thanks for letting me know. All being well we'll see you next week.

James Thorpe

F1 Triple Champion
Jan 19, 2014
Not shure what to think about this place. Hate it, however I finished 2nd in a social race in the dry. Just paying for no collisions or wet weather. I found that I will be doing a 3 stopper. Anyone considering a 2 or 4 stopper?

aarava

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Fun race, in a way lol. Had battle for 1st with Owen in opening stint, lap 8 i think it was, looked like classic Side-Pod glitch as I was simply going straight on the racing line up to the left kink S2 and soon spun right into the wall. Pitted and had to make 4 stop for the race then. Was nice to push to max on the 2nd and 3rd set of Primes to catch 4th and then 3rd. HRT_Alpha Delta, ya put up a nice fight in Sector 2 and 3 the lap before I overtook, was tricky to stay behind in dirty air. Happy with 3rd considering I did one more stop. Korea next.....like the track in Q, in the race.....kill me ahaha xD

ps, Congrats to Jimbob, good solid win, and also AERO_Blake, think he made a 4 stop work as well looked like :p

blake300892

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Will absolutely take that!

Qualifying, decided with only 8 cars on the grid, and my lack of single lap pace at the best of times, let alone here, to go different to everyone else and run on the Primes.
Seems only one other car chose this approach, ironically my teammate and we started next to each other in 4-5 after a late improvement from myself saw me jump from 6th to 4th.

Tyre strategy, didnt have a clue, it was telling me 3 stop with P-O-O-O but I assumed this wouldn't work out to well so knew at some point I'd be having one, if not two sets of primes instead of options.

Started well and kept ahead of my teammate and decided against a look at Owen into turn 1, at one point thought Owen was going to be cleared out the way by my teammate who approached very quickly but managed to just get it slowed down in time.
Then Jimbob went wide at turn 3, Owen went past and I was looking to go around the outside at 4 as he recovered but got forced wide onto the insta slow run off.

Maintained 4th however and was pleasantly surprised to get into a rhythm and keep well in touch with the leading trio.
Closed up to Jimbob before his stop and made one of only two overtakes all race on him and the 2nd to last corner, quite impressed with it, pulled it to show a look round the outside, braked early and cut back up the inside.

Everyone stopped around lap 5-6 and I had planned to go lap 11, this being reduced already from being told 13 but this clearly wasn't happening.
Thought I'd run around a couple more laps before deciding I was losing too much time and coming in on lap 8, going for another set of primes and hoping they'd be useful for more than 8 laps.

The undercuts had meant I was quite a way back now, from the couple of second prior to the stops to now 8-12 seconds on a trio which has split up a little bit.
Got back up to speed quite nicely and started maintaining the gap, and then benefitted from whatever happened between Owen and Aarava.

At this point, I knew it was keep away from the kerbs and bring it home in 2nd, Jimbob had the edge pace wise and even when I then switched onto my final two option stints, he had good pace and seemingly better tyre life.

Good win James, and Alpha Owen, another quiet but solid drive and you weren't too far off a podium, only other overtake in the race was on Owen down into Turn 1 with DRS assistance so nothing too much to shout about there.

Korea, mixed fortunes in the past there and Japan which has been alright for me over the years - looking forward to these much more than bloody Hungary.
Still, pleased with the 18 points and another podium.

xGATECRASHERx

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Q-6th wasn't great and had been going quicker in practice all week but with not many on the grid decided to be happy with it. Race-7th Got away good. Had some good battles with Effone but just had no race pace with cost me a lot. Did my last stop early to try get under cut on owen but he came out and I was right behind him going into turn 1. He then did a knight rider and must of pushed turbo boost and he went lol. Well done jim on the win, aarava and Blake for the podium and again to my teammate for another solid drive with 4th. Korea next which I really like and am quite strong there. My problem is get to race night and all my plans go down the drain :-( Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

owentq128

Jan 13, 2014
The incident of DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!! :p
[video=youtube_share;PzMLvqM6cVY]http://youtu.be/PzMLvqM6cVY[/video]

aarava

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
My POV of the incident, defo seems like lag as there was a lag bubble 2 corners beforehand! (Apologies for video audio, it's out of sync due to my elgato not working well with the ps3 these days)

owentq128

Jan 13, 2014
Here is my miserable race.
[video=youtube_share;iQolo4YB3Uo]http://youtu.be/iQolo4YB3Uo[/video]

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Well; another race ruined by me and guess; the game or connection.
Was well prepared. Did online sessions with times like 19:2 18:8 and 18:6. ( on primes ) the 1st 2.
Qual:1 stint on primes and set my 1st time. Then; out on options and second lap 1st 2 sectors in purple. Got hold up and had to start another one. Drivin my hotlap in the extra time.Again 2nd sector purple. Then my session was cut off and i found myself retired from this session.???????????????????????
Race: Knew i could do this wth a 2 stopper. Set my strategy and aggressive fuelload. Race starts and car had a bit more wheelspin than i aspected. 1st turn, breaks felt weird and went wide. Off track and had to let the field pass. Then in sector 3. There it was.Understeer, on the curbs and a spin right into the wall. DAMN. Fwing gone. Back to the box, on mix1. What:??? Fuelload 4+.?????? No wonder i couldnt hold her the way i wanted. Way to heavy. Dont know, but its the 4th time this happens. Before the race i choose to go on aggressive load and they sent me away with an overload.!!!! So:pitted 4 options and tried to get some time back. Sorry guys if i tried to overtake a bit to aggressive. Then just before i had to pit the car/screen/game/connection starts to stutter/stotter/fibrate.VERY ANNOYING. What is this.??? This really pissed me off. Finally had a little of my pace back,then this.!!!. For me, just 1 race to remember. Check,check and check again before i go to track. Positve reminders: Fastest race lap, kept Ipro behind me, Blake on 2nd.!!!! Well done,M8, 5th and 10 points. Nice race by Jim, Aarave and Delta 2!!! And another clean race by all of us.!!! PROUD!!!
Next race, new changes.!! C U there.!!
Are we still on for the classics, this week.??

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Yeah well; we are just at the start of something new here. And it aint that easy to drive those mature ladies. LOL