PS3 F3 (Sunday) - Round 15 - Japanese Grand Prix [02/03/14 - 7:30pm UK Time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 F3 (Sunday) - Round 15 - Japanese Grand Prix [02/03/14 - 7:30pm UK Time]

blake300892

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Let's see just how many porky pies people have been telling in the build up to the race...

blake300892

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Tried to change car when I heard the wrong car shouts, but the session went.

I joined the new lobby and went for a pee pee and was just returning to the room

Stefuy

Rookie
Jan 14, 2014
BRILLIANT, JUST BRILLIANT CODEMASTERS!:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

blake300892

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Oh dear.

Somehow looked strong for the win, it wasn't mine to lose, plenty of people were up there pace wise, but it was nice to be strong.

It wasn't even my mistake that directly screwed me, it was Codemasters and them refusing to change my front wing in the stops, leaving me on a 4 stop, along with a lap of crawling around wingless.

So I was delighted with my recovery drive, from being a long way back I got 4th, thankfully with Aarava winning meaning my losses to Philip and Owen were minimal, and managed to come from about 15s down on Jimbob to get past him.

Qualifying was my usual in the wet, put fuel in the car and keep circulating, kept improving lap on lap and just held onto pole from my teammate - wasn't expecting that.

First stint was fine, one small error at turn 1 but I had a gap to maintain the lead but it all went wrong when I lost my wing in the pitlane after I was busy selecting tyres an fuel and my team changed my tyres and ignored the destroyed wing.

I'm surprisingly not too downbeat, just got on with my damage limitation and my pace gives me a bit of confidence for the remainder of the season, in spite of me being poor at all tracks excluding Brazil.

Bit unusual that, normally I don't practice, expect midfield and somehow fight up the front, this time I practice a bit, didn't know what to expect and end up midfield.

Almost looked good for yet another good Suzuka result, but oh well.

And the grid sizes only went up by 1 didnt they........, even that was down to 7 early on

aarava

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Great race, had a LOT of fun on the 3rd stint through sector 1, the car felt amazing! Really sorry to hear Blake about your wing glitch, i actually got my 10 sec penalty when i was trying to go around you in Sector 1, dunno what for, but in the end didn't matter as I had a nice 20 sec cushion. (Ps Glad to help you not lose too many points!) Roll on India, my probably 5th fav track! :)

blake300892

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Philip goes into the final 4 races with a 20 point cushion over Owen, and a 39 point lead over myself.

Well in control assuming he attends all remaining races.

James Thorpe

F1 Triple Champion
Jan 19, 2014
An average race from me. Can't believe that i went of at the second degner about 10 times during the race. Probably cost me any chance of a podium. Blake overtook me when i went wide on lap 20 after my final pit stop. Tires were horrible, lasted no time at all with heavy fuel load. Just glad that it was dampened to 5th rather than loosing another position due to more driver errors. Congrats to those who finished on the Podium, Aarav, Phillip and Owen. Next time it is India :( , probably my worst track without question. Jippi.... Can't wait to get run over by most of you.

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Qual.:2
Race:2
Started well. Side by side with Blake into t1. Lifted the throttle a bit to avoid contact. Then i got tapped twice in the next turns by Aarava. I kept her on the black, drifting, and picked up some dirt. Lost some time but kept on going after letting the field pass me,again. Car felt good and tires lasted long enough.
Most of the race drivin clean laps wich made me stay in top 4.
Last stint on option. Came out 6sec behind Pro. Wasnt to hard closin the gap. Tried to overtake twice but and had to back off several times because the space wasnt big enough and lag sometimes. Last lap i closed till 0.3 sec on the last straight.
Pro missed his breakingpoint and went offtrack and back on straight for start/finish. That last turn was the best i ever made,i guess. We went side by side to the line and luckely i didnt forget to use the DRS to the finishline. Think that was the closest finish i ever had. :thumbsup: Hope youve got recordings.!!!
2nd and 10.2 sec behind the winner.
Great race by everyone and bit disappointed my teamM8 wasnt the luckiest man today. Also because we had some DSC.s. Must be f#%$ing frustrating
to join a league and get DSC several times. Am sharing the anger.!!!

PS. Aarava M8; please keep your distance and back off a little bit next races. I know close racing is the biggest fun but its the 3rd time youre tapping me almost off the track. Again it didnt cost me to many time but today it annoyed me, big time. Looking at the gap between us we could have finished much closer.!!! If you have recordings, hope to see it soon.!!

legocrazy505

Pro Karter
Jan 13, 2014
Work once again getting in the way this weekend. We'll see about next week, by the looks of things I should be free. What race is it next?

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Thats why i kept back several times. At times i saw you jumping back and forwards. Knowing that staying too close would defo caused contact.!!!
Last 3 laps were very,very good. And as for the finish; you mist your breaking point and went almost straight back on the black to start/finish.
That must have win you time. So; all fair i became 2nd. Nice battles though !!! :thumbup:
please, post recordings, if youve got some.!!!

xGATECRASHERx

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Race to forget really. Got tagged twice on the start, pulled off a miracle to hold it the first time, the 2nd sent me spinning into the gravel on turn 1 which annoyed me alot. Then further round lap 1 by myself no one near me and I span like I'd hit something. Never recovered :-(

owentq128

? PS4 S1 Touring Cars Elite Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Here is my highlights for japan, #DamnItPhil ;)
[video=youtube;zFLc5qds5bk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFLc5qds5bk[/video]