PS3 F3 (Sunday) - Round 18 - United States Grand Prix [23/03/14 - 7:30pm UK Time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 F3 (Sunday) - Round 18 - United States Grand Prix [23/03/14 - 7:30pm UK Time]

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l578/owzl6/race118-america2_zps59e9974c.png (http://s1124.photob

• iPro x Owen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • James Thorpe

• Philip

• AERO_Blake

• aarava

• HRT_AlphaDelta

• xGATECRASHERx

• Eff One Atx

• legocrazy

• Total voters

AlphaDelta

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014

​
Round 18 - United States Grand Prix
Season 7

Race Information:

Date: Sun 23rd March 2014
Time: 7:30pm GMT
Circuit: Circuit of the Americas

• Rules and Regulations
• Current Standings

Track Guide

Pending

*Credit to Yorkie065*

Previous Season Statistics:

Pole Position:
• Season 5:

• Season 6:

Race Winner:
• Season 5:

• Season 6:

Fastest Lap:
• Season 5:

• Season 6:

If you are unable to attend the race PLEASE advise your league coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

Informed Absences
•

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DRIVER OF THE WEEK - Round 17 - Abu Dhabi

xGATECRASHERx

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Like this track. Got to work on my race pace as letting me down so bad. Looking forward to battles like last race. Alpha did you manage to get your highlights up on YouTube mate?

James Thorpe

F1 Triple Champion
Jan 19, 2014
Might be back there fighting with the Redbull's aswell.
Not a fan of this circuit, first sector is a deathtrap for cutting and extending. Did some racing with Phillip last night which was close at times, but don't think i can improve much before Sunday unless I come up with a miracle of a setup.
Anybody know when the results will be updated? Alpha or Gate?

Stefuy

Rookie
Jan 14, 2014
Hi guys, Got another fever so can't race. Sucks that I keep getting fevers which prevent me from doing things I enjoy doing.

And to let you know how the Australian GP was, it was Brilliant, great entertainment, great food and most importantly great racing. Sound wasn't bad at all from where I was standing (straight between T2 and T3).

Rosberg was on fire, Great drive from Riccardo , shame about DSQ, Magnussen great debut, Bottas Great recovery and my favourite driver Felipe Massa Unlucky Again

Sharky69

Rookie
Jan 16, 2014
Hi guys, I'm back from a beautifull Bali, but unfortunately this week I have a night shift at work :(
I'll miss another race...

aarava

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Don't think I can race tonight, my wheel stand has started shearing at the bottom hinges so when i am driving it is slightly tilting more and more down wards, so afraid it may break during the race, don't want to cause a crash or something so I will sti this one out. Hoping I can get a new stand by Brazil!

James Thorpe

F1 Triple Champion
Jan 19, 2014
Guys would you mind waiting around 10min for me tonight? Currently juggling between studying Geography and making dinner whilst tidying up so quite busy atm.
If I am not in by then just go on without me, try my best, but my parents said I will have to get it done if I want to race tonight.

AlphaDelta

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
James Thorpe;n23086 said:
Guys would you mind waiting around 10min for me tonight? Currently juggling between studying Geography and making dinner whilst tidying up so quite busy atm.
If I am not in by then just go on without me, try my best, but my parents said I will have to get it done if I want to race tonight.
No problem James, see you later.

blake300892

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
3 points more than the Merc's and it doesn't carry over to Brazil Philip, good luck.

You're going to have to win!

legocrazy505

Pro Karter
Jan 13, 2014
Sorry guys but I've got to sort out some technical stuff for people and also I've got a 30 page French project due in for Thursday.

blake300892

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Well its not often you see the race leader come into the pits about to start the last lap!

Very weird race that, from start to finish

Amazed with that, I went out in qualy and was disgusting slow which matched how my practice earlier in the week went.
I had decided to make the most of a ****e grid and still be 7th but with brand new tyres, and had made some set up changes to conserve tyres and try a 2 stop, not really thinking it'd come off but at worse maybe allow me to use an extra set of options in a 3 stop.

As above qualy pace was not good at all - but it came together in the race.

Just the one mistake, locking a little trying to pass Owen and pushing us wide which spat me right out into the gravel and with a penalty.
Not sure why the disgusting language for about the 2 laps afterwards, even if I didn't get spat off you were getting the place back.

Little bit of a difference between a little lock up pushing us both wide and the hefty whacks that I've had from my own teammate in 2 straight races now. I don't come screaming on here though. Ranting does absolutely nothing to change what happened, more bizarrely when in comparison it affected you very little.

Being at the back from there looked a huge challenge, 6-7s gap to 6th place , let alone the big advantage the Red Bulls had at the front missing the early carnage, but I was given free overtake on two of the other front runners when Philip and Jimbob came together and just kept my head down and put some consistant laps in.

I wasn't far off saying I'd be fighting the Red Bulls - terrific drive by you Owen (Alpha).

Prayed the rain would hold off, or not dampen the track enough - followed Owen (Mercedes) and his times closely when he stopped and saw it was pretty even between dry and inters, went into the final sector about to start the final lap and began to slide a bit, not much, looking at the RD screen, I was only 2.5s down on my last lap but decided it wasn't worth the potentially heartbreak of throwing away a 30s lead on the last lap when I had the chance of a free stop.

Bit strange pitting with just one lap to go, but safety first definitely paid off on this occasion.

I've pretty much given up trying to understand how this game works sometimes, if I can win at Austin, somethings wrong.
Tyre saving set up probably won't be much use at Brazil, which should be a cracking close race - however you can almost guarantee some sort of lag is going to ruin it with everyone close together.
My pace should be much better around there.

James Thorpe

F1 Triple Champion
Jan 19, 2014
Well what can I say but congrats to Phillip for the Drivers title and Both Williams for taking the Constructors aswell.
What a torrid race I had. Involved in several incidents that left me last most of my first stint. 2 stopper worked fine, up until the rain... Maybe someone saw me rallying the last lap.
Another pole completely wasted again! :)
Can't wait for Brazil now! One of my favorite tracks and will be great to end on a high there. Thats if I can, but not sure...
My PoV will be coming here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJG4OA7O9LU&feature=youtu.be
Part 2 and 3 tomorrow, but 3 will be much better than part 2.

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Qual 3rd.
Race: 3rd. Again just a little change in setup made me driving a unsteady rear. Damn, i think ill never learn!!
To much goin wide and lockups. Kept me working all race. Sorry bout the contact, again.!!Blake and maybe others. :unsure: And thx for not moaning about it.!!:cool:
Race was completely differend from what i had in mind!! I even spun.!! Thats bin a long time. Last lap i stayed out on worn option and had to let Owen take 2nd. Great driving and congrats on the win M8 At last. 2 Williams at the podium.:cool: And both drivers and constructors tittle :cool::cool::cool:
Next: Brasil. Lets have some fun there Blake. Lets go to the edge.
Thx again for another great race guys.!!!

owentq128

? PS4 S1 Touring Cars Elite Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Here are my highlights of last night's wacky race.
[video=youtube_share;lgPFXV9_bio]http://youtu.be/lgPFXV9_bio[/video]