PS3 F5 (Sunday) - Round 10 - Belgian Grand Prix [20/07/14 - 7:30pm UK Time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 F5 (Sunday) - Round 10 - Belgian Grand Prix [20/07/14 - 7:30pm UK Time]

AlphaDelta

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 14, 2014

Round 10 - Belgian Grand Prix
Season 8

Race Information:

Date: Sun 20th July 2014
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

If you are unable to attend the race, PLEASE advise your League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

• League Rules
• League Information
• Race Calendar
• Current Standings

Track Guide:

[video=youtube;yMBTqZuS_V8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMBTqZuS_V8[/video]

Kieran470

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 14, 2014
I am probably not going to be there for this one, typical as I was available for the last 2 weeks when it was a break, but I do have a remote chance of getting there.

Willo

Junior Karter
Apr 18, 2014
Just wondered whether I am still playing the role of reserve driver or if you want me to take a more permanent role in the league.

James Thorpe

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 19, 2014
Im making my return to Cockpit Cam for this one, as this race marks my first season in AOR after making my first appearance here last season. :)
And partly because I cant stand the Tv Pod anymore!

Shedboy

Reigning AOR PS3 Sunday GP2 Champion
Mar 7, 2014
I got a PS4 this week and haven't touched the PS3 since.......I'm really looking forward to this race haha

Lorrentz

F1 Test Driver
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
I still don't know whether I will be around this sunday....received very bad news last week regarding my father so I don't know If I feel like playing the game....I'll decide on Sunday.

Kieran470

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 14, 2014
It looks like my championship hopes are over.

xGATECRASHERx

Formula 4 1st Driver
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Well I don't normally get on with this track but after my inspired drive here last season, being knocked off tracked and 30 secs behind in last place to work my way to 7th or 8th I might do Ok. It always rains here lol

aarava

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Going to be pretty shocking for today's race, hardly touched the game, specially on PS3. But tbh, after the 1st half of the season, i don't think i'm going for the championship, just wanna try and get top 3 for promotion, best i can do as i am not, and dont intend to practice for any of the remaining races apart from half an hour before each race as I've just lost the will to play the game for more than the time it takes to do a league race. So really just hoping can have some fun out there. Spa, first win in AOR last season in v tricky conditions, hope I can match it maybe, unlikely tho. Cya guys for the race!

blake300892

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Right, my attendance for todays race stands at about 5%.

PS3 looks like its on the blink - about 5 times today now it has shut itself down midgame and the red light just blinks.
Turn it all back on again and the same happens within 10 mins.

So very doubtful I'll be racing tonight, and even the remainder of the season is a doubt.

Lorrentz

F1 Test Driver
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Just like many others i just lost the motivation to race especially after hearing my father has stomach cancer. I rather be with him than race so i wont attend tonight. I am still in doubt whether i'll complete the season so i'll let you know....but there is a possibility that I will return on the ps4 platform. Thanks for all your support and messages. Maybe i'll see you around next week but i'll let you know. Have a good race tonight guys!!

aarava

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Really bad news Lorrentz, hope your father improves.

For the race, looks like I need to host then, will open the lobby at 7:15 to hopefully go to Q at 7:30. I'll invite Alpha who can invite the rest of you who are racing.

AlphaDelta

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 14, 2014
Just having some slight problems connecting to Aarav. Once I'm in i'll invite you all.

blake300892

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Yep, definitely out of the race.

Left PS3 off for a few hours and got the hoover to us to clear any dust - but it lasted a whole 2 mins before auto shutting down.

You served me well Playstation....

aarava

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
That sucks Blake :/ Sort of nearly in time for the new gen F1 games perhaps idk, but sucks you can't race now

blake300892

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Yeah - typical - not got much into Grid - Autosport yet either.

Going to have to think about getting a replacement - some knocking around for about £150.

But am looking at moving out so even that outlay wouldn't be much appreciated at the minute.

I'll have to decide over the next week or two about whether or not I'll be withdrawing from the remainder of the season

aarava

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Well that was fun! Apologies to James, i sort of got it by the Lotus to my left and also forgot to change up to 7th gear after being squeezed off at the top of Eau Rouge so I couldn't stop myself bumping to you mate :/ But I did get a 10s penalty for it and then got taken out and dropped to last literally on the next corner.
After that, the race was pretty dam fun, made my way to 2nd before the 1st pitstop, lot of fun really pushing for those first 5 laps to just get James before the pits came along meaning I got 1st pick to pit. Then pretty dull. tried to catch Gus, but he was too consistent. Great win mate, dominated, think the title is pretty much going to you!
But yeah, great fun, cheers guys, cya next race!

Shedboy

Reigning AOR PS3 Sunday GP2 Champion
Mar 7, 2014
Decent race for me. Qualified well but went deep into turn 1 and then got spun a few corners later(anybody know what caused it) . Sorry Aarava I couldn't avoid you, I ended up getting front wing damage and understeered which compromised me. I had to pit on lap 3 as I was losing too much time. Also Gatecrasher, sorry about the way in which I entered the pit on lap 12. I thought you were in a different place to where you actually were. Happy to get my 4th podium but they've all been 3rd's which is a little disappointing

xGATECRASHERx

Formula 4 1st Driver
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Q-5th race 5th. Enjoyed that. Don't know what happened with other people on first lap but found myself 1st, then ran in 2nd then 3rd and do on. Felt happy with my performance as not that good at spa. Well done everyone else. See you at monza

gusxandi2

Pro Karter
Jan 23, 2014
Q:1st, it was a great lap, one of my best laps that i made.

R:1st, my start was ok, but i think that there's much lag involved because aarava was in 2nd just behind me and he was putting his car in my inside in the exit of the eau rouge, and then in other moment he ghosts for my behind and he goes a bit to the grass like i didn't get enough room to pass, and then xgate was in second just behind me and then he ghosts a bit and then he was more behind me, in any moment he was ahead of me. i had a great pace, but then i lost a bit of concentration and made some mistakes like in lap 13 i lock up a bit, and my difference between me and aarava was from 10 sec to 7 sec, but then i didn't make more mistakes and i won another race :). congratulations for aarava and shedboy and aarava had a great pace, i have to say. Someone had some problems with me in the first lap?, because i think there's lag involved.