PS3 F5 (Sunday) - Round 11 - Italian Grand Prix [27/07/14 - 7:30pm UK Time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 F5 (Sunday) - Round 11 - Italian Grand Prix [27/07/14 - 7:30pm UK Time]

AlphaDelta

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 14, 2014

Round 11 - Italian Grand Prix
Season 8

Race Information:

Date: Sun 27th July 2014
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autodromo Nazionale di Monza

If you are unable to attend the race, PLEASE advise your League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Current Standings

Track Guide:

Last edited by a moderator:

Shedboy

Reigning AOR PS3 Sunday GP2 Champion
Mar 7, 2014
My favourite track on the calendar, the only issues with it being easy to lock up and go straight on and also it's easy to cut Ascari. Hopefully we can keep it as clean as possible but we are human after all.

There's something I wanted to ask a while ago but never got around to asking it but I'll ask it now. It isn't about this race so sorry about that. I've seen people with the same starts to their ID's (for example FTR or AERO) and this is probably a really stupid question but what are they and what do they mean?

gusxandi2

Pro Karter
Jan 23, 2014
So sharky said he doesn't have time to race the rest of the races, so is it a possibility that anyone that doesn't have a teammate aswell join the Red Bull?

James Thorpe

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 19, 2014
Guys im going away for the Norway Cup (INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT) tomorrow for 1 week. So I will sadly be missing the Italian Gp, sorry to let Ferrari down there.
I should hopefully be back for the Singapore GP(?) But we are returning late on Saturday night or early Sunday morning, so not 100% sure that I will be able to drag myself out of bed, but will do my best even without any practice.

See you for the next one then guys !!!

blake300892

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014
AERO is/was a 'Team' - a group of us that worked together on setups and raced as teammates in the leagues.

AERO was a dominant group of drivers a few seasons back but steadily the drivers moved away from the leagues and I'm the only one still going in AOR, and even that looks like it could be coming to an end.

Kieran470

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 14, 2014
How many get promoted at the end of the season, I'm getting a bit worried that I might not make it.

Lorrentz

F1 Test Driver
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Ok i will do the race tonight...havent done a single lap for over 8 weeks now..so my pace will be awefull but well see you guys in a bit

Lorrentz

F1 Test Driver
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Wow didnt expect to be in the front...q4 and even the first laps i had great pace charging gus for p2...lost a place to aarav and then i made a huge mistake which cost me my race....i outbraked myself at the 2nd chicane and took aarav with me sorry about that m8....when coming back on track i got spun around by aarav and my fw was gone....after that i just had to push hard to gain back the positions...i was fourth again but fucked it up....i made too many mistakes during this race but considering i havent been racing for 8 weeks now i am still happy....i really had to push since i had a ten second penalty to keep alpha behind me...i was 9.7 seconds ahead of him during the last sector of the race so i guess he just didnt pull out...very happy with 5th which seems to be my favorite finishing position all over the year...

aarava

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Congrats to Kieran for the win, and Gus for 2nd. 3rd for me, couldn't imagine to get higher probably. Idk. But would of liked to have tried to battle with Gus but Lorrentz decided to just divebomb me from miles away and then spin me lap 2 so didn't get any closer to Gus for the rest of the race :/
Only other thing, Effone, learn what Blue Flags and being a backmarker to someone means, max within 3 corners you need to get out of the way, off the racing line if easily possible, you just parked your car on the straight after 1st chicane, i assumed you were so slow out of the corner as you were gonna pull right to let me by, but no, you stayed left, almost at stand still and i hit you off as I was too close to react, got a 10s pen, didn't effect my race, but get out of the way next time, next time it may effect the race if ppl are closer within 10s from me behind......
[video=youtube;0T8lYPibF9k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T8lYPibF9k&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Optimum4

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 29, 2014
Had a great rhythm going in the rain for the first 15 laps and someone lost it at the two quick right handers and he started to lose his car (Alpha or Gate) due to the slick track in the rain and ended up causing me to spin which pretty much ruined my race but he did wait and thank you for that ..... See you guys next week, I'll get you then EffOne !!! LOL

Good battles today guys.... ! Fun race for sure

Shedboy

Reigning AOR PS3 Sunday GP2 Champion
Mar 7, 2014
I tried to gamble with a wet setup and it sort of worked while it was wet in the race. I pitted on lap 5 or 6 and on my out lap I lost my front wing as Alpha's car was slow and on the racing line between the lesmo's. I couldn't react in time and the wet weather sealed the deal. I obviously had to pit that lap (safe to say I wasn't to happy) I managed 4th which isn't too bad but I think I could have fought for 3rd. Oh well

xGATECRASHERx

Formula 4 1st Driver
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Q-5th. Race-7th. I managed to get up into 3rd on the first lap, I'm absolutely brilliant at doing that getting into podium places then go backwards after that. Was in 4th then locked up and went into side of Alpha which gave me a penalty let him back past but also another few cars so was in last. Found a myself taking places as the race went on so happy with 7th as monza not my best. Well done everyone on the podium. My joint least favourite track next if it's Singapore :-(

aarava

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oh god, singapore next.....>,< I hate that track, can never stop spinning rear tyres there, damage limitation there for me

AlphaDelta

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 14, 2014
Eddiep29;n61611 said:
Had a great rhythm going in the rain for the first 15 laps and someone lost it at the two quick right handers and he started to lose his car (Alpha or Gate) due to the slick track in the rain and ended up causing me to spin which pretty much ruined my race but he did wait and thank you for that ..... See you guys next week, I'll get you then EffOne !!! LOL

Good battles today guys.... ! Fun race for sure

That was me that spun you off, sorry about that.

Another solid-ish race for me, nothing noteworthy. See you all next week at Singapore. Gah!

gusxandi2

Pro Karter
Jan 23, 2014
Q:2nd, i made a more downforce setup for the race, but i manage to make 1:20:8 which is better than my PB really, it was amazing and pgh just made a ayrton senna's lap LOL.

R:2nd it was a terrible first lap, i made a few mistakes, lorrentz was really quick and almost overtake me, but aarava and lorrentz crashes and i just try to catch pgh but he had a good pace, i made many mistakes during the race, but it was enough to get the 2nd place.

Kieran470

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 14, 2014
Wow guys I really needed that!!! I put on a full dry setup as I forgot to check the weather (stupid me) and as a result got my best ever lap in quali, then in the race gus, as he said, made a few mistakes allowing me to pull out a lead and hold on for the rest of the race. Lucky for me my setup worked in the wet too. I would like to say thanks to all the drivers who I lapped as they all moved over very professionally, see you in Singapore guys.