PS3 F5 (Sunday) - Round 14 - Japanese Grand Prix [17/08/2014 - 7:30pm UK time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 F5 (Sunday) - Round 14 - Japanese Grand Prix [17/08/2014 - 7:30pm UK time]

AlphaDelta

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 14, 2014

Round 14 - Japanese Grand Prix
Season 8

Race Information:

Date: Sun 17th August 2014
Time: 7:30pm (UK time)
Circuit: Suzuka Circuit

If you are unable to attend the race, PLEASE advise your League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Current Standings

Track Guide:

Last edited by a moderator:

Shedboy

Reigning AOR PS3 Sunday GP2 Champion
Mar 7, 2014
I love Suzuka but I'm hit and miss here. One moment I could be driving fantastically (by my standards) then the next moment I'm can't keep on the track and can't spot my breaking points. Looking forward to this race none the less.

James Thorpe

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 19, 2014
Well here we are again. Love the whole spectacle of the old times when the season would end in a bang here at Suzuka.
Sadly my races here seem to end that way aswell. Never had much more than Q pace round here. In the race when the cars heavy I always mess up somewhere in Sector 1.

So for the Constructors sake I will be relying on Aarav for this one, as he had some blistering pace here last season ;)

xGATECRASHERx

Formula 4 1st Driver
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I'm back for this one. Never done well here. Turn 11 always ruins my race but looking forward to it after missing 2 races.

Lorrentz

F1 Test Driver
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Just ordered my ps4 but since project cars is only released in november I just stick to race on the ps3....looking forward to japan...had a weird race here last year with som3 strange out of sync issues...I will be aiming for P.....*drum roffle* 5!!! :)

Kieran470

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 14, 2014
I'm bak for this one and am looking forward to it immensely as it is a great track, hopefully I can score big here to make up for lost ground with disconnects etc.

James Thorpe

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 19, 2014
OK here is the Pre race interview for those who wish to answer it ;)

1. As we now are into the latter part of the season how do you see your progress so far this season?
- Well I see the season so far as being ok. Had a few podiums so far and 1 non convincing win at Korea. Could/Should have won 2 more races imo aswell.

2. Before this seasons race takes place at the Iconic track of Suzuka, Japan. Does there come a curtain mysterious feeling or extra driving pleasure when racing here?
- Well even though its only a game there always seem to come something a little bit special when racing at Suzuka. No clue if its the track layout, or maybe the tracks history plays its own part.

3. Pole Prediction (time and set by who)?
- Low 1.33 or High 1.32. Set by Any of the top 4 in championship. :)

4. Go and guess your Podium for this weekend;
- Aarav to win. Then Kieran P2 and Gus P3 with me close behind hopfully ;)

5. Which 4 drivers do you currently see as being promoted to F3 after its all been done and dusted at Brasil?
- I see Gus, Aarav, Kieran and Shedboy being promoted at the end of this season.

6. And finally for rounding out today's questions; "What would you like to achieve in the last few races before the season closes and we say goodbye to F1 2013"?
- To claim 3rd in the drivers and 1st in the constructors with Aarav. That would be great. Even though the last few races don't favor me at all.

Shedboy

Mar 7, 2014
1. As we now are into the latter part of the season how do you see your progress so far this season? Good. I think I've gotten quicker and I hope it continues.

2. Before this seasons race takes place at the Iconic track of Suzuka, Japan. Does there come a curtain mysterious feeling or extra driving pleasure when racing here? I love Suzuka so much, it's great to drive and I really enjoy it despite not being overly quick here.

3. Pole Prediction (time and set by who)? In the 32s and by Aarava.

4. Go and guess your Podium for this weekend; Gus, Kieran and Aarava (not sure which way round) but Jimbob may grab a podium.

5. Which 4 drivers do you currently see as being promoted to F3 after its all been done and dusted at Brasil? Gus, Kieran, Aarava and Jimbob. I blew my chance by not finishing in Korea.

6. And finally for rounding out today's questions; "What would you like to achieve in the last few races before the season closes and we say goodbye to F1 2013"? A win lol, but that's probably out of reach. I will never give up fighting for it though.

Shedboy

Mar 7, 2014
Well I'm out of the race tonight, my left stick on my controller is broken and I doubt I can get another by tonight

gusxandi2

Pro Karter
Jan 23, 2014
1. As we now are into the latter part of the season how do you see your progress so far this season? Great, i think that my pace is really good in many circuits of the season which is great.

2. Before this seasons race takes place at the Iconic track of Suzuka, Japan. Does there come a curtain mysterious feeling or extra driving pleasure when racing here? I love Suzuka, it's a great circuit however coming back from travel yesterday and i had few time to practice.

3. Pole Prediction (time and set by who)? In the 32s by jimbob.

4. Go and guess your Podium for this weekend; kieran,aarava and jimbob.

5. Which 4 drivers do you currently see as being promoted to F3 after its all been done and dusted at Brasil? myself, aarava, kieran and the forth will be or shedboy or jimbob.

6. And finally for rounding out today's questions; "What would you like to achieve in the last few races before the season closes and we say goodbye to F1 2013"? the title lol.

Lorrentz

F1 Test Driver
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
1. As we now are into the latter part of the season how do you see your progress so far this season? Well I think my season is the most stable of any driver finishing all races on p4 or p5....unfortunately my race was wasted in melbourne since i could have scored an easy podium there and also in korea it was ruined...so hopefully i'll have some luck in the last couple of races I think i should finish 5th in the driver championship. 2. Before this seasons race takes place at the Iconic track of Suzuka, Japan. Does there come a curtain mysterious feeling or extra driving pleasure when racing here? It's a great track very demanding on the tyres...so hopefully i can do some magic here... 3. Pole Prediction (time and set by who)? In the 32s by kieran aka pgh... 4. Go and guess your Podium for this weekend; kieran, gus aarava 5. Which 4 drivers do you currently see as being promoted to F3 after its all been done and dusted at Brasil? myself, aarava, kieran and the fourth will be jimbob i guess 6. And finally for rounding out today's questions; "What would you like to achieve in the last few races before the season closes and we say goodbye to F1 2013"? I really hope to score a podium finish but that will be hard since i am not so commited to the game anymore...i am looking forward to next gen racing games like project cars

Lorrentz

F1 Test Driver
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Wow did a 32:3 in TT never believe i could do that on this track...hopefully i can have that same pace in qualy :) i will start the lobby in a minute

gusxandi2

Pro Karter
Jan 23, 2014
Send me another invites please. my ps3 for some reason was a bit slow.

Lorrentz

F1 Test Driver
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Psn decided to sign me out but it seems more people are having issues at the moment...so we will try again :)

Kieran470

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 14, 2014
Well that was the worst race I have ever had the displeasure to partake in. Lap 1 get through the first few corners ok then Jimbob went wide and rejoined in a crazy fashion causing me to lock up and go into the gravel, then coming into the hairpin ( on my screen at Least) gatecrasher shunted me onto the grass into another lock up forcing me into another gravel trap. Then a lap or two later me Eddie and effone went 3 wide coming however Eddie left me no room squeezing me onto the grass and causing a collision which I then got a penalty for. A lap later I made a mistake and hit the lagging red bull of gus and went straight into the wall and losing my front wing which then meant I had to limp round the whole lap with no front wing and when I pitted came out in last. From then on it was a recovery drive, but on the last lap gus went flying off track after no contact from me which somehow resulted in another penalty for me which was just a show of how my day went. All in all though 3rd is always a good result and congrats to aarav on the win.

Lorrentz

F1 Test Driver
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Wow what a complete **** up this was....i really need to do more races since my concentration is nowhere...i am only racing on sunday now and that's no good for my consistency...i had good pace in the wet aarava was flying out there but i was comfortable on p2 when it dried up gus was gaining on me...we had pretty matching pace but then alpha was coming up he was still on inters so gus and me where massively gaining on him and at the chicane it went wrong...i had the inside but alpha wasnt giving up so we touched...gus waited for me on start finish thnx for that m8... So we could continue the battle but after that shunt me concentration was nowhere....in the end i was comfortable on p4 but my style is to drive on the limit all the time so on the cold option tyres out of the pits i completely fucked up in the ss'es....I spun and my fw was off...so i had to take a very very slow lap to the pit and replaced my fw...after that i was pushing like hell...did a 34:4 but well i was too far behind to catch up in the final 3 laps...only myself to blame...its a shame...india coming up which is a track i dont like so we will see next time.

xGATECRASHERx

Formula 4 1st Driver
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Q-6th race-7th ( with a penalty) Started well as always and was in 3rd for a bit. Doing really well. Kieren at no point in the race did I touch you, didn't punt you off. The only time I was near you was when you'd gone off I went past you you then out of nowhere you shot past me into turn 11 and on to the gravel which Alpha saw aswell. Had a brilliant battle with Alpha and especially popzzy for the final part of the race which I kept him behind me lol. If the game hadn't put the wrong tyres on for my final stop then would of finished higher. Well done those on the podium. Alpha I've put the thread in the stewards if you be kind as to put a bid and thoughts, also put a bid in here of what I asked you please lol

gusxandi2

Pro Karter
Jan 23, 2014
Wow, i had so many problems with the connection before the race, when i disconnected to the lobby, i had to change the internet configurations trying to have a decent connection to race and somehow worked, but with that time i started on last place.But i should be about 3rd or 4th place

R:In the race i had a good start overtaking eddiep and effone, then i was behind alphadelta who was behind gatecrash and then some laps later pgh was behind me, then pgh had the problem that he said above on my screen you are behind me and i don't remember some kind of touch, then i made maybe one of the best overtakes that i ever done: Coming to the last chicane of the circuit i brake a bit late and manage to overtake in the inside alphadelta and gatecrash at the same time and could put my car inside the track. Then i started trying to catch lorrentz, but in some moment lorrentz and alphadelta with inters touched and then with alphadelta already touched, i touched him coming from behind, then i decided to let lorrentz pass me because i wasn't to sure if i was or wasn't involved in the accident. Later on i overtake lorrentz, then pgh with a massive pace and coming to last lap with fresh tyres pgh and me were side by side with me in the inside and then i receive a touch of pgh going to the grass then, with what he wsaid it looks like lag, so after all problems i got a 2nd place which is really good with all the situation that happenned.Congratulations aarava ofr this massive win that you had.

James Thorpe

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 19, 2014
Well this is gonna be a short one as I can, as im filled with pure rage after this one and don't really wanna share all the misery to all of you ;)

Q: P1. Well first lap of a 1.32.780 was just faster than my PB! so I was sure that it would be enough for pole position. But no, Kieran beat it with a 1.32.3 which mad me think that all hope was lost. But then I put together my Q lap of the season and gained a whopping 7 tenths in the middle sector with some bravery.

Then the Race: I will just sum it up with these 2 vids. For those who wish to watch them. It my pleasure to see you entertained. ;)

Lap 1 horror: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zet1y5kS2E
Nice Autospin Kerb there Codies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFNmVyXqIqs