PS3 F5 (Sunday) - Round 16 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix [07/09/2014 - 7:30pm UK time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 F5 (Sunday) - Round 16 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix [07/09/2014 - 7:30pm UK time]

AlphaDelta

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 14, 2014

Round 16 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
Season 8

Race Information:

Date: Sun 7th September 2014
Time: 7:30pm (UK time)
Circuit: Yas Marina Circuit

If you are unable to attend the race, PLEASE advise your League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Current Standings

Track Guide:

Lorrentz

F1 Test Driver
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Friday....time for some Grand Preview.... :)

I will kick off

We are getting close towards the end of the season only three more Grand Prix's to go...with Gus still comfortable into the lead of the championship it is possible he can secure the driver championship in Abu Dhabi. Do you think Gus will pull it off and take the driver championship?

Unless nothing particular happens in the first corner I think gus can pull it off here....but Aarava will try to make it very difficult to him.

Abu Dhabi is a very slippery track and you really need good traction out of the hairpin and tight corners for the long straights do you think you can be a surprise and score a good result at this GP?

Really can't tell...haven't done any laps yet and last year I had a horrible race over here slipping and sliding all over the track...so I would be surprised to get a good result over here...last GP was a nightmare...I really hope my setup is a lot better over here.

Racing with sunset towards the night is allways a special dimension do you think it requires special skill to race in the night?

I think there is enough lighting around to track to be comfortable and you can't really compare it to a real life situation. I think night races in next gen games will be a lot harder to race...

Who wil take pole position and in what time?

Jimbob with a 1:38:138

Who will take the podium spots on sunday?

Gus, Aarav, Kieran

Shedboy

Reigning AOR PS3 Sunday GP2 Champion
Mar 7, 2014
We are getting close towards the end of the season only three more Grand Prix's to go...with Gus still comfortable into the lead of the championship it is possible he can secure the driver championship in Abu Dhabi. Do you think Gus will pull it off and take the driver championship?

I don't know how far he's in front as there's an issue with the standings page. However I'll say yes because why not? lol

Abu Dhabi is a very slippery track and you really need good traction out of the hairpin and tight corners for the long straights do you think you can be a surprise and score a good result at this GP?

If my car decides to behave then maybe

Racing with sunset towards the night is allways a special dimension do you think it requires special skill to race in the night?

Not really

PGH with a 38

In no particular order..........Gus, Aarava and PGH

Lorrentz

F1 Test Driver
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014

I don't know how far he's in front as there's an issue with the standings page. However I'll say yes because why not? lol
http://apexonlineracing.com/community/pages/PS3F5S8/ he is 245 against 197... doesn't include india yet...so don't know how many points he scored there..

gusxandi2

Pro Karter
Jan 23, 2014
Thanks mate. I think Gus was 3rd behind PGH and Aarava
Yes i was 3rd and aarava was in 2nd.Our diference is about 45 points, if i win the race i will win the championship because is going to be only 2 races and the difference will be at least in 52 points.That's the scenario:
For me winning the championship in abu dhabi:
1st place,
2nd place and aarava 4th to least,
3rd place and aarava 5th place to least,
4th place and aarva 7th place to least,
and there are other possibilities.

Last edited:

Optimum4

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 29, 2014

I think he will win the championship but I don't think he will clinch it at this track as I think Jimbob can score an upset victory here maybe...

Yes traction is always a big issue here as well as early tire wear so it could be really interesting come race day.....

I think its a little bit different and seems faster because the track isn't as slippery at night usually and is really really cool to race under the lights...

Jimbob with a 1:38:256

Jimbob, Gusxandi, PGH

James Thorpe

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 19, 2014

Yes or No. It will depend on how Aarav goes, as I believe that he will not win the race here. But might still get the championship depending on Aaravs performance as I said.

Not sure that is will be such a big problem. Tyre wear is average here, but I find the over-steer from exiting the hairpin can be deadly, due to the long straight following after.

As far as im concerned. All it does is allows you to get even more concentrated on your driving as your senses become even grater. That's why I was not pleased that I could not get racing at Singapore. The best of street and night.

Who will take pole position and in what time?

Most likely Gus or me. Maybe Kieran aswell, not seen him do a flying lap yet. High to mid 38s at best. Gp2 did a 1.39.0 for pole.

Who will take the podium spots on Sunday?

I hope; Me, Kieran and Aarav. But im sure that I will not win here, unless I get a nice gap at the start ;)

Optimum4

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 29, 2014
I just hope I have the traction I need on race day as this track can cause massive wheel spin if not careful....
Should be interesting.... and really looking forward to rounding out this season so we can all do our preperation for season 9
under the F1 2014 game when released next month, can't wait !

Shedboy

Mar 7, 2014
Just realised that the Scotland game is on tonight, not sure when the KO is but I'm probably going to end up missing the start. Considering it's away in Germany that might be a good thing lol

James Thorpe

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 19, 2014
Just realised that the Scotland game is on tonight, not sure when the KO is but I'm probably going to end up missing the start. Considering it's away in Germany that might be a good thing lol
According to the BBC it starts at 7.45 pm GMT so you will miss the first 45 most likely. :/
Im only glad that England and Norway are playing on Monday and Tuesday respectively ;)

Lorrentz

F1 Test Driver
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
I really forgot how sucky the track is....just no traction at all...and those autospin kerbs in sector three are horrible....i think it will cost some front wings tonight

Shedboy

Mar 7, 2014
According to the BBC it starts at 7.45 pm GMT so you will miss the first 45 most likely. :/
Im only glad that England and Norway are playing on Monday and Tuesday respectively ;)
Cool. thanks. Like I said it might be a good thing I'm missing some of it :D

gusxandi2

Pro Karter
Jan 23, 2014

I hope so :). These last 3 races that wea regoing to race i really like them.Maybe i can win the race and take the title here,but i think that tyre wear is going to be tough aswell.

As i said before this race is a bit complicated about tyre wear and the kerbs don't help, but i think that i can have a good result, i don't know if it's going to be enough for the title but let's going to see.

Honestly i think that the only real thing different in this game on the night is the tyre wear, but the other aspects are very normal.

Jimbob with a 1:38:xxx

Kieran,jimbob,aarava

xGATECRASHERx

Formula 4 1st Driver
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Typical. Turned ps3 on to get some practice and the bloody thing isn't reading any discs so ill be out of tonight's race and maybe next week aswell. Hope to be back for last race as will get a replacement also so I can do next season aswell on F1 2014.
Have a good race lads and just can't believe my luck lately.

Optimum4

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 29, 2014
Great to hear you'll be racing in season 9 on F1 2014 game GateCrasher !
See you next year and I was really looking forward to racing you for the points tonight...
See you in Brazil I hope

Lorrentz

F1 Test Driver
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
I might do four stops tonight....this track is eating tyres like cookiemonster eat cookies :)

AlphaDelta

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 14, 2014
Fingers crossed you'll be back in time for Brazil Daz. :)

I'll be four stopping without doubt tonight, and possibly heading in for some front wings as well as a result of the auto-spin kerbs.

Hopefully see you all in a short while, all the best for tonight.

Kieran470

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 14, 2014
Sorry for the no show guys but I unfortunately broke my collarbone today so I will be out of the rest if the season.

James Thorpe

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 19, 2014
Well first Q: Great to get yet another pole. Now onto all the bad stuff.

R: First of all I need to say a huge sorry to Shedboy for ruining both of our races down the 2nd straight under DRS, when we went side be side he seemed to sidepod clitch with me into the wall causing both of us our front wing. Great.... Seems like it cost you more than me. Got a 10s penalty for it, but that doesn't make up for a ruined race. :( Will upload it here if you want to see the catastrophe of a race?

2 front wings gone (one in crash, other on last lap #NiceKerbThere). 4 pos lost thanks to Autospinkerb.com/hell , but no trouble with tyre wear at all.

#SoDone with this game now.
Hope that it will never repeat itself. :/