PS3 F5 (Sunday) - Round 16 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix [07/09/2014 - 7:30pm UK time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 F5 (Sunday) - Round 16 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix [07/09/2014 - 7:30pm UK time]

• The AOR AWARDS 2018 are here! Vote to be in with a chance to win a copy of F12018

Optimum4

F1 Test Driver
Jan 29, 2014
Who turned Lorrentz going into turn 1 on lap 1 ? It took me and two or three other guys out causing us all to spin
in the first turn of the first damn lap !!!

Also, Poppzy ! Why the hell were you parked mid track next to the pit entrance ??? It caused me to have nowhere to go
and run into the back of you and lose my front wing and also caused me major gearbox issues for the rest of the race !!
I believe it also ruined AlphaDelta's race who I was having an epic battle with up until lap 4 or 5 I think.....
This one left me with a bad taste in my mouth ! Best part is that it happened just as I was catching the 4th, 5th, and 6th place drivers

I started 9th and finished 7th (6 points)

and a big thank you to my practice buddy (EffOne_ATX) for waiting and kind of letting me by safely...
Thanks man

Last edited:

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Sorry for the no show guys but I unfortunately broke my collarbone today so I will be out of the rest if the season.
Good luck with the recovery m8. Hope you get well soon.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Well who would ever thought i'd end up in fourth...wow....qualify was just a save lap...i was trying to push on my second stint but fucked up....well doesn't matter that much as 4th would have been best possible...then just in the first corner i thought my race was over again...i got pushed from behind and it made me spun...i think popzy hit me cuz he was waiting and letting me pass again....after that i had to push like hell since the first four where way in front allready...luckily for me shedboy and jimbob touched with each other so i could overtake them both just before the first pitstop...after that i was just pushing every single lap and i could manage to stay in front of jimbob....unfortunately i missed the pit entry twice...which cost me a lot of time...so jimbob was able to overtook me in the final pitstop....my final stint was just rubbish i was making too many mistake....luckily for me again jimbob killed his fw again so i could overtake him on the final lap....popzy drove an amazing race saving his tyres and doing a three stop...so i could't close the gap to him in the end...well finishing fourth I am happy with that result after some terrible last 2 races.

Shedboy

Reigning AOR PS3 Sunday GP2 Champion
Mar 7, 2014
Well first Q: Great to get yet another pole. Now onto all the bad stuff.

R: First of all I need to say a huge sorry to Shedboy for ruining both of our races down the 2nd straight under DRS, when we went side be side he seemed to sidepod clitch with me into the wall causing both of us our front wing. Great.... Seems like it cost you more than me. Got a 10s penalty for it, but that doesn't make up for a ruined race. :( Will upload it here if you want to see the catastrophe of a race?

2 front wings gone (one in crash, other on last lap #NiceKerbThere). 4 pos lost thanks to Autospinkerb.com/hell , but no trouble with tyre wear at all.

#SoDone with this game now.
Hope that it will never repeat itself. :/
Yeah upload it please if you can. Also yes it affected me massively, it completely ruined my pit strategy. Most of the time I was saving tyres trying to avoid 4 stopping . Also when I went to pit to replace my FW Lorrentz pitted right in front of me. The pit crew waited 5 seconds after Lorrentz left to let me into the box and my stop took 15 seconds, so 20 seconds lost there

popzz

Reigning AOR PC Assetto Corsa Champion
Mar 7, 2014
I´m really sorry about that Eddie.
It was not on purpose because I was entering the pits and ran wide and because of that I got ghosted back to the pit entry. My intention was to change tyres.

Optimum4

F1 Test Driver
Jan 29, 2014
I´m really sorry about that Eddie.
It was not on purpose because I was entering the pits and ran wide and because of that I got ghosted back to the pit entry. My intention was to change tyres.
Thanks for the apology Poppzy..... I guess there is nothing you could do then and was just one of those things....
I'll close my stewards inquiry..... I shouldn't have posted it so soon, I was just sooo frustrated....
Thanks for your honesty

Congrats on your podium today

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Typical. Turned ps3 on to get some practice and the bloody thing isn't reading any discs so ill be out of tonight's race and maybe next week aswell. Hope to be back for last race as will get a replacement also so I can do next season aswell on F1 2014.
Have a good race lads and just can't believe my luck lately.
Try cleaning the lens/eye with a special cleaning disk.
Other: take the thing apart and wipe the lens/eye carefully.
GL,M8