PS3 F5 (Sunday) - Round 17 - United States Grand Prix [14/09/2014 - 7:30pm UK time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 F5 (Sunday) - Round 17 - United States Grand Prix [14/09/2014 - 7:30pm UK time]

AlphaDelta

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 14, 2014

Round 17 - United States Grand Prix
Season 8

Race Information:

Date: Sun 14th September 2014
Time: 7:30pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit of the Americas

If you are unable to attend the race, PLEASE advise your League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Current Standings

Track Guide:

Shedboy

Reigning AOR PS3 Sunday GP2 Champion
Mar 7, 2014
Don't enjoy this track, it's very boring to me and I'm not great at it either. I don't think F1 should be racing here (for political reasons I won't get into)

I'm expecting lower than 6th here

Lorrentz

F1 Test Driver
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Haven't done many races here since it's not a great track....I only enjoy the first sector which is very fast....don't expect anything around here really looking forward to Brazil :) but well It's Friday again...time for a Grand Preview.....

The end of the season is getting closer and closer....with only two more races to go we are landed in the US of A...It's still mathematically possible that Aarava walks away with the driver championship but considering Gus his results this year it seems absolutely impossible....so there is a 95% change that Gus will be crowned the Season 8 champion! But well....you never know what can happen over here....

With the season coming to an end are you pleased with your overall performance this season?

Not really....I missed out a couple of races...and I wasted a couple also with DNF....I think i could have scored some podiums but well I didn't put to much effort in practise so I am not that disappointed....I hope I can finish the season up with some high's....last race 4th so hopefully I can continue that result in the final two races.

Will you be driving in S9 if it's going to be on F1 2014?

No definetly not....I won't buy a pimped up F1 2013 version for the old gen console...I allready pre-ordered Project Cars and hope we can have a competition for that in AOR...and besides that I will buy F1 2015 when it's released.

With Jimbob being Poleking this Season do you think he can score another Pole position over here?

Yes I think he can....he is remarkebly fast in Quali....if he can sort out his racepace he could win a lot of races.

Who do you expect to be on the podium this race?

Aarava, Gus, Jimbob

and last but not least....It's a shame that a lot of competitors fallen away during the season with Sharky, Aero, PGH hopefully they will be back on next gen console race games.

James Thorpe

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 19, 2014
With the season coming to an end are you pleased with your overall performance this season?

Vary inconsistent really! Some races I hardly practiced for like Korea, Spain and Monaco I was up there going for the win. But when I practice all weeks for Abu Dhabi I end up 5th and China 7th. Would have liked to see myself on the podium more often, and especially more than once on the top step of it.
Really. Who has 7 poles in an 18 race season, but only 1 win. I should be shot for my crap race craft and pace.

Yes! F1 is magnificent, just because the game might not be the whole spectacle of things is what makes it worth while playing + the fact that you get great racing from great drivers over the course of a season.

With Me being Poleking this Season do you think I can score another Pole position over here?

Well I don't like being refereed to as pole king, but if so;
Maybe, but I think that i wont just make it as I hate S1 and the second to last corner which is blind. So I mess that up rather to often.

Aarava, Gus, Alpha

Kieran470

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 14, 2014
#1 overall I am happy with my performances this season with several wins to my name however it is a little disappointing that I have had to miss so many races over the course of the season due to holidays, Internet and injuries.

#2 I most definitely will be, league racing has got me hooked and I will be especially looking forward to a new challenge if I do end up getting promoted.

#3 Despite his amazing quali form I get the feeling gus will take pole here.

#4 podium will be aarav Jimbob and gus.

Finally I'd just like to say that I am not 100% garuanteed out of brazil yet.

Kieran470

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 14, 2014
Upon reconsideration I have realised that I can do this race and brazil only on the pad ;)

xGATECRASHERx

Formula 4 1st Driver
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Still not got ps3 sorted but I'm hoping fingers crossed some kind friend will lend me one so I can be there.
I will be continuing next season. Love racing in a league.
As for this season, like with the others I've improved but that podium still hasn't had me on it which was one of my targets.

Optimum4

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 29, 2014
The end of the season is getting closer and closer....with only two more races to go we are landed in the US of A...It's still mathematically possible that Aarava walks away with the driver championship but considering Gus his results this year it seems absolutely impossible....so there is a 95% change that Gus will be crowned the Season 8 champion! But well....you never know what can happen over here....

I am but I'm not at the same time because I had three races where I finished 11th and missed out on valuable points but then again
I did get my first ever "League Podium" in Singapore this year and have had a few strong points finishes so all in all I feel my race
pace has gotten alot better since my rookie season last year. This season has been alot of fun for me and I have learned alot driving
against some of the best drivers out there which is why AOR is the BEST racing league around.
PS: The USA track is pretty boring in my opinion but it is my home track and would love to have a decent result... and finally I am also happy that I have completed every race this season without a DNF. Brazil should be interesting too.... Last year in GP2 there were 2 safety cars brought out and a crazy battle for the championship with the 2nd place driver in points actually winning the championship in the end....

YES and YES... I can't wait to get the new game and also race Sochi which should be a treat in itself....

With Jimbob being Poleking this Season do you think he can score another Pole position over here?
I think he can as I have practiced with Jimbob a couple times and he is always fast....

Aarava, Jimbob, Lorrentz

Also, I agree that its been a shame to see so many people quit this year leaving us short on drivers every race in F5 this season. I thought quitting a season in AOR was a big NO NO.... Also, I hope Kieran makes it for Brazil as that would round out the season nicely

Also, shedboy..... There is going to be an American F1 team soon ya know.... lol

Last edited:

Shedboy

Mar 7, 2014

Also, shedboy..... There is going to be an American F1 team soon ya know.... lol
Let's hope it turns out like the last American team, US F1

Optimum4

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 29, 2014
I just hope they are better than Caterham and Marussia !! lmao

James Thorpe

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 19, 2014
Well that confirmed my suppositions then. There is no way im going to do well here tomorrow.
I can barely get into the 1.37s in Q as I mess up all laps I do here.

And secondly Kieran will have pole tomorrow, time a 1.34. at this rate i think. He was flying, literally ;)

Lorrentz

F1 Test Driver
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Just did 10 laps in TT setting a 36.8 so i guess it will be good enough for my favorite p5:)

xGATECRASHERx

Formula 4 1st Driver
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Right lads advance warning doesn't look like I can get a ps3 for tonight. Gutted cos I really like the track and have done well there. If I'm not on by 725pm then go without me and have a good race. I'll definitely be back for Brazil though

aarava

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I'm gonna make this race, but I'm not expecting much. I moved into Uni yesterday, went out yesterday for freshers, so today, i am so knackered lol xD But look fwd to it! Cya guys then!

Shedboy

Mar 7, 2014
Don't know if I'll race, I'm feeling awful. I'm dizzy and I've had pretty much no sleep. If I don't get online then sorry guys

gusxandi2

Pro Karter
Jan 23, 2014

Yes, i am. i was very consistent during all the season and maybe i can be the champion if i finish 3rd place. I had many wins but i had many podiums aswell which gave me an advantage.

I don't think so. Because what i see from f1 2014 really don't make me satisfied but i really like race league, so i think that i will wait for f1 2015.

Maybe but what i hear it looks like pgh will get the pole

pgh,aarava,jimbob

Kieran470

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 14, 2014
Looking forward to this as I love the final 2 tracks of the season, just like to warn you guys in advance that I am very out of practice with the pad, good luck to everyone.

Lorrentz

F1 Test Driver
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Hmmm if aarava doesnt show we allready have a winner...i'll wait a little longer

Speaking of the devil there he is :)

Lorrentz

F1 Test Driver
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Holyyyyyyyy *peeeeepppp* this was just by far the most exciting race ever in my aor career.....my qualy went awefull as usual hahaha but my racepace was finally just good enough to keep up with the front runners.....what an absolutely stunning race with constant overtaking in the final sector of the track giving each other just enough room to let each other life....unfortunately gus hit me from behind at the end which lost too much time to keep up with aarava....but we had a great battle m8 i enjoyed it very much....and also the battles with aarava and pgh were magnificient,,,,tomorrow i will make a compilation of my pov from this race and put it on yt...

And last but not least congratsssssss to gus for winning the driver championship!!!!! Very well done m8 :)

Optimum4

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 29, 2014
I don't know what happened on that start but I ended up dodging 2 or 3 cars going through the S's
(Lucky) then i settled in and had an epic battle for a few laps with Jimbob (good racing Jimbob)
Then as I'm in 5th or 6th place I lock up my fronts going into turn 1 around lap 15 or so and that's that
So I fell into 7th place and ended up finishing 7th and getting another 6 points .....

Great race and congrats to my teammate Poppzy on his win today !!