PS3 F5 (Sunday) - Round 17 - United States Grand Prix [14/09/2014 - 7:30pm UK time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 F5 (Sunday) - Round 17 - United States Grand Prix [14/09/2014 - 7:30pm UK time]

James Thorpe

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 19, 2014
Well that went just as unexpected as I thought was possible ;)

Q: 5th, why o why was I 1,4s of my Pb from this morning I do not know.

R: Well after getting sidepod-glitched at T1 I was around 15s behind the leading back, and it stayed that way until the end really. Pleased with the pace at times, but I still make way to many mistakes I fear. At least 1 per lap I think.

I don't know what happened from 1st-5th but I saw the pos change so often that I wish I was in there getting some racing rather than driving around for 25 laps on my own. Well well. Brazils next, I hope it is slightly more rewarding towards my aggressive driving style than the USA is.

And congrats to Poppzy for getting his first AOR win, and to Gus for being S8 PS3 F5 champion :)

Lorrentz

F1 Test Driver
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Well that went just as unexpected as I thought was possible ;)

Q: 5th, why o why was I 1,4s of my Pb from this morning I do not know.

R: Well after getting sidepod-glitched at T1 I was around 15s behind the leading back, and it stayed that way until the end really. Pleased with the pace at times, but I still make way to many mistakes I fear. At least 1 per lap I think.

I don't know what happened from 1st-5th but I saw the pos change so often that I wish I was in there getting some racing rather than driving around for 25 laps on my own. Well well. Brazils next, I hope it is slightly more rewarding towards my aggressive driving style than the USA is.

And congrats to Poppzy for getting his first AOR win, and to Gus for being S8 PS3 F5 champion :)
In the front it was epic....so many good battles....i was in the front seating watching it :) i will post my pov 2morrow....

Kieran470

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 14, 2014
Well Lorentz I would to agree with you on the excitement.

Put together a splendid lap, almost a pb to grab pole.

I had a great race in the first stint until the first pitstop when I locked up and lost my front wing which lost me tons of time, the rest was a blur of battling and fun.

Congrats to gus the championship and poppzy for the race and a flawless drive

gusxandi2

Pro Karter
Jan 23, 2014
Hey guys, i want to apologize all of you of the league and specially aarava and lorrentz, it was my worst driving that i ever had in AOR, it was a good race fighting with pgh poppzy and aarava, until aarava coming to the pits and in the conner for the straight it happened a lag bubble between me and aarava and then he goes of the track even it was a lag bubble, it was my responsability. So i wait for him and cme back to the race. I just want to say that it wasn't in purpose or it wasn't in my plans do this with aarava and i hope that you guys understand that it was just a mistake.After that i lost the concentration of the race feel me guilty, so unfortunetely i made another accident with lorrentz in a stupid move.Anyway i am now the AOR champion but i don't feel happy with all the things that happen.Sorry you guys again.

AlphaDelta

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 14, 2014
One of my worst races too.

Down 1 min + after the first lap due to losing my front wing as a result of getting taken out at turn 1.

Had to play catchup for the rest of the race. Finished last in the end.

See you all next week

gusxandi2

Pro Karter
Jan 23, 2014
Ok i will talk more about the race now, my time could be better but it was good 2nd.
My race start really well with the 2nd place and i was quicker than pgh. Then coming to the box straight in lap 4 or 5 i think i passed him. And then on lap 7 i made a mistake and aarava takes the lead with prime tyres. Then i went to the box and i come back just between lorentz and pgh. Then i passed lorrentz but then pgh and me were overtaking each other during several laps which was epic(And i made one of the my best overtakes aswell).Then i was pulling away to him and come back to the pit stops.I was trying to catch poppzy i was quick until i messed up everything... Aarava returns for the pits and the like i said before i lag bubble him, so i wait for him and come back behind lorrentz. Then like i said after what i made with aarava i lost the concetration and made an accident with lorrentz. I tried to pass lorrentz so many times but all the times i lost the braking point.

Optimum4

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 29, 2014
easily one of the funnest races all season next to singapore and Spa