PS3 F5 (Sunday) - Round 18 - Brazilian Grand Prix [21/09/14 - 7:30pm UK Time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 F5 (Sunday) - Round 18 - Brazilian Grand Prix [21/09/14 - 7:30pm UK Time]

Kieran470

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 14, 2014
Screw it i'll practice tonight if anyone is available. 7.30pm uk time or a different time if you want
I can probably practice tonight dude.

I know you probably want to keep your opinion quiet on the Scottish independence deal but I am very happy as I can only see positives to Scotland staying.

Shedboy

Reigning AOR PS3 Sunday GP2 Champion
Mar 7, 2014

I know you probably want to keep your opinion quiet on the Scottish independence deal but I am very happy as I can only see positives to Scotland staying.
Cool, add me or I can add you(can you remind me of your PSN name as I can't remember it lol) and we can hopefully practice around 7.30. Tell me if that's ok for your or what times good for you.

I don't mind saying what I think of the referendum, I just don't think this is an appropriate place to discuss it

James Thorpe

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 19, 2014

Cool, add me or I can add you(can you remind me of your PSN name as I can't remember it lol) and we can hopefully practice around 7.30. Tell me if that's ok for your or what times good for you.

I don't mind saying what I think of the referendum, I just don't think this is an appropriate place to discuss it
I will be online later for some practice I recon, but first its time for some GT6!

Kieran470

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 14, 2014
Sorry guys but I didn't realise I was going out 4 tea, will be on tomorrow though.

James Thorpe

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 19, 2014
With Gus being the newly crowned champion do you think he can enjoy his home GP and take an easy win and pole here in Brazil?

No clue really. I think that even though he knows this track like the back of his hand he will not get an easy win for him. Last race of the season means last chance to prove what your made off ;)

Do you expect you can finish your season with a high since weather can be very unpredictable here at interlagos (which mean between lakes)?

Lets just say that it will be an all time low for me if it rain. There's no way I will do well in the wet or damp conditions for that matter. China 7th in the rain. So im crossing my fingers for 100% dry Q and R.

What are you expectations for the upcoming season since there will be a great shuffle in leagues since not everyone is going to buy F1 2014?

I think It will be a tough season for us who will buy F1 2014 and race in AOR on the PS3 side as we might get placed in a higher league, where the drivers are way above our level. But It will just have to be that way if so be it.

Do you want to race in the same league with the same drivers if they are going to by F1 2015 on the PS4?

Not really to bothered really as long as the grid is competitive. I would like to race a few of the guys that left F5 after season 7 when it was called F3 Sunday. Those races where much closer and more action for more of the time from my PoV at least. But also had a great time this season aswell at times. Really would be nice to race a mix of both my 2 seasons so far :)

who is going to be on pole here? Can Jimbob put it off one more time?

The one that can brake the 1.09 barrier and get into the 1.08. Either Gus or me is my best bet atm.

What will the podium be like?

1. Gus 2. Aarav 3. Kieran

Optimum4

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 29, 2014
With Gus being the newly crowned champion do you think he can enjoy his home GP and take an easy win and pole here in Brazil?

I think he is really going to enjoy himself in this last race of the season with the weight of the championship off his back, but I think he will have
to drive very hard to take the win this Sunday....

Do you expect you can finish your season with a high since weather can be very unpredictable here at interlagos (which mean between lakes)?

I think I can, especially if it rains but I'll need to have alot of patience

What are you expectations for the upcoming season since there will be a great shuffle in leagues since not everyone is going to buy F1 2014?

I'm going to buy F1 2014 on PS3 and try and race another AOR season so should be exciting....

Do you want to race in the same league with the same drivers if they are going to by F1 2015 on the PS4?

I would love to race these guys again but I won't be getting F1 2015 for a long time

who is going to be on pole here? Can Jimbob put it off one more time?

Gusxandi or Jimbob, not sure

What will the podium be like?
Gusxandi, Jimbob, PGH

Shedboy

Mar 7, 2014
With Gus being the newly crowned champion do you think he can enjoy his home GP and take an easy win and pole here in Brazil? No

Do you expect you can finish your season with a high since weather can be very unpredictable here at interlagos (which mean between lakes)? Perhaps. I'm pretty decent here (imo) in whatever conditions as I drive it quite a bit.

I'm not buying F1 2013 with the 2014 mod. I'll return to racing on F1 2015.

Sure, there's some very good drivers here.

who is going to be on pole here? Can Jimbob put it off one more time? It will be him or Gus.

What will the podium be like? Gus, Aarava and Jimbob. in no particular order.

xGATECRASHERx

Formula 4 1st Driver
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Again guys, apologise now but thought I was borrowing a ps3 for tonight but can't now. I've just ordered a second hand one so ill be ready for next season. Have a good race and we'll done to you all this season. Gutted isn't the word!

gusxandi2

Pro Karter
Jan 23, 2014
With Gus being the newly crowned champion do you think he can enjoy his home GP and take an easy win and pole here in Brazil? Maybe, but i think it's going to be tough

Do you expect you can finish your season with a high since weather can be very unpredictable here at interlagos (which mean between lakes)? i think that the rain can make things more complicated, but think i can handle it.

I already said that i'm not going to buy f1 2014, i will wait for f1 2015 and this game will improve a lot of things i hope, specially everyone can film the race and make outstading highlights.

About the league i will try next season to drive without racing line so i think it's going to be more difficult, but it's a challenge.

who is going to be on pole here? i don't know but i will not include myself honestly

What will the podium be like? Aarava,pgh,jimbob

James Thorpe

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 19, 2014
Again guys, apologise now but thought I was borrowing a ps3 for tonight but can't now. I've just ordered a second hand one so ill be ready for next season. Have a good race and we'll done to you all this season. Gutted isn't the word!
Sad to hear about that m8! Hopefully you will be completely ready to go racing when S9 starts on F1 2014 :)

Optimum4

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 29, 2014
Sad to hear about that m8! Hopefully you will be completely ready to go racing when S9 starts on F1 2014 :)
I know I'll be ready James..... Season 9 on F1 2014 (PS3)
and yeah, I had the most fun racing against you Gate !!

Optimum4

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 29, 2014
EPIC !!!!!!!!!
Wrecking as me and either a Lotus or a Sauber crossed the finish line.... I'm sorry man, I was going for the pass as you were swerving to block me,
awesome finish

I finished 8th but I made a pitstop tire error and lost some major time
I tried intermediates but had to go back onto the wets immediatley....
I was on wets the entire race except for 1 lap....
It was raining so hard!

Kieran470

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 14, 2014
Well that was bull****, first of all shedboy how the **** did you destroy your car to cause a safety car? That forced me into a pitstop to cover off gus where I put inters on as my engineer told me several times that it was the right tyre to be on however clearly it wasn't so I had to pit again causing me to give gus, Jimbob and alpha track position and losing the lead.

Shedboy

Mar 7, 2014
Well that was bull****, first of all shedboy how the **** did you destroy your car to cause a safety car? That forced me into a pitstop to cover off gus where I put inters on as my engineer told me several times that it was the right tyre to be on however clearly it wasn't so I had to pit again causing me to give gus, Jimbob and alpha track position and losing the lead.
I put inters on and as I was going up the high I lost the car and hit a wall. You know the black overhanging sign? the wall is just a few yards behind and to the left with what I believe is an ambulance stationed there

Shedboy

Mar 7, 2014
That was a race to forget. I got hit twice by popzzy on the 1st lap and a 3rd time later on, thanks.

I had nothing to lose and put inters on as according to the engineer's estimate this was the time was them, it wasn't. I had no grip and when I came up the hill I lost the car and crashed. A disappointing end to a decent season. I've enjoyed racing with everyone and it's been fun

Optimum4

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 29, 2014
How did you end up getting into the side of me EffOne ??
I cut low to avoid you and you still ended up getting me.....
Felt like a sidepod glitch though

All I saw was you almost going completley sideways, Nice Save !

Just wanted to say thanks and goodjob to all of you, been great driving
against all of you.

And thanks to EffOne_ATX for all the hours of racing practice
racing against each other in race trim / practice races

Last edited:

Lorrentz

F1 Test Driver
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Well here's my story.....on my final stint in quali popz was on the racing line so my final stint was wasted i could have been anywhere between p2 and 5 it was so close :)

Than the race...i forgot to look the weather predictions so i was crying when i saw the rain....had a pretty good start was fifth behind shedboy and went for the pass after the first straight i was steering on the inside and suddenly someone took me out...so i spun and lost lots of time...i was way back behind the field...i had to race the balls out of my pants and i was gaining places....passing several people i was back in 5th riight behind alpha....i had much better pace but my overtaking actions went wrong all the time...so i took the undercut in the 2nd pitstop and after that stop i came 10 seconds in front of him....but then the missery started...shedboy crashed his car and i went for inters....i had no grip at all and made a terrible lap!!!! I pitted again for wets but i was so far behind i could get back to the safety car so the race restarted and i was still way behind!!! From then on my concentration was nowhere making so many mistakes....just finished on my favorite spot again for the season end in 5th....so an average season comes to and end...i really enjoyed the racing with you guys i am actually going to miss it i think

See ya around guys hopefully we meet again on track in the future

gusxandi2

Pro Karter
Jan 23, 2014
Really my engineer didn't say nothing to put intermedium tyres during all the race LOL.

Optimum4

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 29, 2014
Popzzy did the same thing to me Lorrentz (in qualifying) !!

I wish you were racing F1 2014 Lorrentz, you're a great competitor

Yeah, I tried the inters too, (for 1 horrible lap) then right back onto the wets
for the entire race

I think my teammate beat me in the standings by 1 point....
Not sure, have to look when final results are in.....