PS3 F5 (Sunday) - Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix [25/05/14 - 7:30pm UK Time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 F5 (Sunday) - Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix [25/05/14 - 7:30pm UK Time]

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x312/kokiko22/AORS8RaceBannerR5Spain_zpsffb8cf46.png~original Ro

• Kieran470

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AERO Blake

• Gusxandi

• Lorrentz

• James Thorpe

• Willow

• xGATECRASHERx

• Sharky

• Guidice Santo

• Eddiep29

• Total voters

AlphaDelta

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 14, 2014

Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix
Season 8

Race Information:

Date: Sun 25th May 2014
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Catalunya

If you are unable to attend the race, PLEASE advise your League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

• League Rules
• League Information
• Race Calendar
• Current Standings

Track Guide:

[video=youtube;iKg9D7Lqx6c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKg9D7Lqx6c[/video]

[HR][/HR]
Driver of the Week - Round 4 - Bahrain

AlphaDelta

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 14, 2014
I won't be there on Sunday, going away on holiday. I will be back for next weeks' race @ Monaco.

Hope you all have a great race.

xGATECRASHERx

Formula 4 1st Driver
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Looking forward to this alot. Like this track. Have a nice time away alpha and so everyone knows ill be in charge sunday lol. But seriously though this will be the 3rd time I've asked. DO NOT START THE RACE! ONLY COORDINATORS SHOULD START THE RACE. IT'S NOT DIFFICULT.

Jan 16, 2014
Yes!!! Who the F*** don't understand that??? Don't push "GO TO TRACK" button!!!!!!!!! Just wait!!!

gusxandi2

Pro Karter
Jan 23, 2014
I hope that this race is a lot better in terms of laggy things, for me bahrain was the worst track right now about this, i know that i don't have the best connection in the world but in bahrain i was in another level(giudice knows what i'm talking about).

ps: are you talking about the go to track in the lobby settings or the go to track that have between the qualifying and race?

In both of the cases, i didn't do it in bahrain.

blake300892

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014
I do plan to be participating, but bank holiday weekend means I may be unavailable Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Optimum4

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 29, 2014
Wasn't me either fellas Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

Any Pre-race interviews this week ? Good luck this Sunday Gatecrasher

Lorrentz

F1 Test Driver
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Haven't got the time till now to do the grand preview....so let's kick off :)

With the overseas Grand Prix's behind us we are now heading back to Europe. After a Magnificent One-Two finish from the Marussia team we are definetly going to see another winner in Spain because PGH is on a Holliday and Blake might not make it...

Questions:

Considering the results so far are you happy with your performance this year?

I was expecting a bit better but after the disappointed start in Melbourne with the crashes and the Fuel mix issues I am getting in a better Rhythm every race...The upcoming 2 GP's will be bad for me as I don't have the pace in Spain and Monaco but I will be back in front in Germany...

Do you think you can finish within the Top 4 this year so you make a promotion to a Higher tier next season?

I am not sure....I think there will be close battles in the front....so it's all about scoring consistent points..

What is your personal Best time in Spain so Far?

Haven't done that many laps so far...only one social and my pace was far off and the setup needs a lot of work to do...so Far I did 1:19:2 but I think I can do 18:5 at best...

Since tyre wear is awefull at this track compared to Bahrain can you make it a 3-stopper or a 4 stopper?

I really don't know....tyre wear was awefull yesterday but Had a broken FW yesterday twice LOL so I made a 4-stopper yesterday but I think a 3 stopper is possible..

Who will race theirselves to the podium?
Gus, Jimbob, Aarava

Who Will claim the pole position in Spain?
Gus with a 1:18 low...

Shedboy

Reigning AOR PS3 Sunday GP2 Champion
Mar 7, 2014
Considering the results so far are you happy with your performance this year? I've done about as well as I expected so I'm reasonably happy.

Do you think you can finish within the Top 4 this year so you make a promotion to a Higher tier next season? In a word, No.

What is your personal Best time in Spain so Far? Slow, I'll say that much. I have never been quick at Barcelona.

Since tyre wear is awefull at this track compared to Bahrain can you make it a 3-stopper or a 4 stopper? If I can avoid a 4 stopper I'll be happy.

Who will race theirselves to the podium? Not a Scooby.

Who Will claim the pole position in Spain? Again, not a Scooby.

Giudice-Santo

Junior Karter
Apr 9, 2014

Well i always fisnish around 11th to 8th for my Rookie year is good.
I am happy to see that i am lapping quicker that 2-3 places above me but i dont have the pace and i make some mistakes with pit stops.

Do you think you can finish within the Top 4 this year so you make a promotion to a Higher tier next season?

Surely not :)

I've done in TT 1.19.5.
I think i can get to 1.19 flat

Since tyre wear is awefull at this track compared to Bahrain can you make it a 3-stopper or a 4 stopper?

Tyre wear... don't get me started to that.... I am awfull but i will try 3 stops

Podium? i guess Gus with araava?

I predict a time of 1.18.373 :) i've seen it in my cards but couldn't recognize the car
:D

James Thorpe

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 19, 2014
Here we go again :)

Well not really. Australia was ok, but I was massively off the pace so 4th was great. Not glad that I missed Malaysia even though its not a good track for me. In china I was glad to finally get a Pole position, but wet weather pace was dreadful over a race distance. In Bahrain I was not pleased with Q but after making a miraculous recovery and so many battles and overtakes during the 2 stopper I was really stifled and it was great fun, but only 5th. :) Next stop the Podium!!!!

I might stand a chance of getting there, but it is much harder than I thought before Australia. But I think I would prefer to stay in F5 for next season, unless I take a massive turn of speed.

Not going to tell, but its under a 1.20 and with this setup I think there is more speed to come. ;)

Not managed a full 50% race here yet, but I will try a 3-stopper to gain some positions again.

Well me hopefully, maybe Ferrari will raise and shine in Spain?

No clue, but low 19 to high 18 i think.

AlphaDelta

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 14, 2014
How does everyone like the sound of a mini prediction league where we can score points for correctly guessing the pole sitter, winner and driver with the fastest lap in each race?

Would be a bit of fun to see who's predictions are the most accurate at the end of the season.

Optimum4

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 29, 2014
Questions:

I am but I know there is room for improvement. I'm hoping for a little rain in Spain this Sunday as I noticed some guys struggled in the rain.

Nope but so far this F5 league has been really really fun

I won't tell...

I have done a couple 50% TEST races trying out some different setups to reduce tire wear. A 3 stopper is possible but you need to save 3 to 5 laps on primes during
some point of the race to do it really successfully. Also, this is a tricky pit lane to get onto. Wouldn't suprise me if someone wrecks their car trying to enter pit lane. I have also seen guys run out of fuel at this track at times too.

Aarava, Gusxandi, and Gatecrasher

Aarava 1:19:245

Goodluck this Sunday guys

Note: I will be recording this entire race

James Thorpe

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 19, 2014
Anyone that know what a competitive time round here is? Can't seem to go faster than a 1.19.9 at best.

Optimum4

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 29, 2014
Thats actually competitive if you can run that in race trim

Lorrentz

F1 Test Driver
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Havent turned wheel since wednesday been working all weekend...so hopefully i can get in some laps after the monaco gp...just hoping to score some points 2night

blake300892

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Done a 1.19.5 in qualy, but that was in GP mode with the Red Bull so not sure how representative that is, probably similar to the last few races and around 4th-6th region?

xGATECRASHERx

Formula 4 1st Driver
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Just hoping don't get tagged again on first lap and then have to do a recovery drive. Points would be good to close the gap on my team mate as he's not racing. I'll predict 8th for me.

xGATECRASHERx

Formula 4 1st Driver
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Almost forgot, if you haven't already added me on PSN please do so. Cheers

Lorrentz

F1 Test Driver
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Invites might be a bit later since i was very busy with work...