PS3 GP2 Sunday - Round 13 - Hungarian Grand Prix - Sunday 16th February | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 GP2 Sunday - Round 13 - Hungarian Grand Prix - Sunday 16th February

Mooney3D

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 14, 2014

​
Round 13 - Hungarian Grand Prix
Season 7

Race Information:

Date: Sun 16th February 2014
Time: 8:00pm GMT
Circuit: Hungaroring

• Rules and Regulations
• Current Standings

Track Guide

[video=youtube;0xHCHqDEWKY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xHCHqDEWKY[/video]

*Credit to Yorkie065*

Previous Season Statistics:

Pole Position:
• Season 5:

• Season 6:

Race Winner:
• Season 5:

• Season 6:

Fastest Lap:
• Season 5:

• Season 6:

If you are unable to attend the race PLEASE advise your league coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

Informed Absences

Banana88x

Rookie
Jan 19, 2014
Hope to have a nice first race without any incidents.
Lets see how many points I can score...

Mooney3D

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Got hit a few times which didn't help my tyres but don't think a 2 stop was on either way. Not much else to say really.

Congrats to the top 3 and See you all next week for Korea.

coaches82

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q - 1 R - 2 Got pole by 5 thousands over my teammate, banana was 3rd, nothing between top 3. That was probably the best race I've had in the 2013 game. Absolutely nothing between top 3 for the whole race!! Lost 1st into turn 1, went as wide as possible to allow space on my inside took a slight tag and fell to 3rd. Got back into 2nd on 1st lap after banana went wide on exit of turn 4. Escavudu and banana got the undercut on me by piting on lap 5 and me and banana had slight touch as we battled for 2nd when I came out of pits. Sorry 4 touch banana was very tight and hard to judge where u were on my outside. I waited a bit to allow banana some space and that allowed escavudu to gap us a bit. Spent whole 2nd stint battleing with banana and I had no choice but to pit on lap 14 to get undercut on banana. This put me back on to escavudu for 3rd stint but he was able to gap me slightly as tyres went off and I was soon defending again from banana. I had to then put on lap 24 as I thought escavudu would put on lap 25 and to my horror banana stopped on same lap to stop me getting undercut again. Last stint was intense as I tried to hold onto escavudu and keep away from banana, manages to not make a mistake and brought it home in 2nd. Congrats to escavudu for the win and congrats to banana for his podium, unbelievably close and clean racing. Hope for same again next week.

Banana88x

Rookie
Jan 19, 2014
Q: 3.
R: 3.

Was totally happy with my quali result, never did a 1:17 and the McLaren guys were very strong!

Race highlights:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5902cc_m7i4

Very Very pleased with that result, especially being capable of fighting with the top drivers of the league.
Had a great and intense race for 35 lap.....fair and clean :)

See you in Korea!

Escavudu

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Q:2nd R:1st Had a very close run in quali with coaches and banana, did my fastest quali lap round here but wasn't quite enough to beat coaches who stole it by 6 100ths and banana just a couple of tents behind. Was hoping for a start near the front as overtaking here is difficult. Race start was poor off the line and banana got alongside, coaches seemed very wide into turn 1 so I hugged the inside with banana looking to squeeze through the middle. I touched the kerb on the inside which threw me out almost into coaches path, think we just touched wheels but got through it ok. The race was intense from the get go, myself, coaches and banana all on the same pace. I managed to hold position just keeping the other two out of the drs as they were fighting for the 2nd spot, glad I stayed clear of that! First pitstop and banana pitted on the same lap, we gapped coaches a little but he was soon back on our tails. I managed to stay in front only ever gaining a small gap with no room for errors or I would be third in a flash. Coaches and banana started to battle again which allowed me to breath for a bit, but not relax. The race continued this way through the next two stops, coaches and banana pitting a lap early to go for the undercut but I managed just to hold on. Banana seemed to lose some time in the last stint where me and coaches got away a few seconds, I managed to hold off coaches til the end, my tyres a lap fresher helped me out a little but only got a bit of space on the last two laps. We all pushed from start to finish, the most intense race I've had in the leagues, I finished the race just a couple of seconds in front, by this point the sweat was almost lashing and the need for a drink was immediate. Great racing guys and well done for making it one of the best races. That was the hardest break week I've had!! See you all next weekend.