PS3 GP2 Sunday - Round 17 - Abi Dhabi Grand Prix - Sunday 16th March | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 GP2 Sunday - Round 17 - Abi Dhabi Grand Prix - Sunday 16th March

• We are aware of some functionality issues with the forums at present. These are being looked into. Feel free to use the bug reports thread to report any issues you encounter. Thanks! :)

Mooney3D

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 14, 2014

Round 17 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
Season 7

Race Information:

Date: Sun 16th March 2014
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Yas Marina Circuit

• Rules and Regulations
• Current Standings

If you are unable to attend the race, PLEASE advise your League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

Track Guide

[video=youtube;a36p_mP-3Mc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a36p_mP-3Mc&list=UUAfi0HzMwjV202AqGiK1PLQ[/video]

*Credit to Yorkie065*

If you are unable to attend the race PLEASE advise your league coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

Informed Absences

Tables updated. I'd probably just ignore the constructor's standings. Think the sheer amount of driver changes we've had this season is taking it's toll on the google docs. I think the McLaren guys have it anyway so not too much of a drama. Though I did notice we've had 7 different winners in the last 7 races. :thumbsup:

So guys, with 3 races left who's going to win the championship? (Yes this is an attempt to liven the forum up a bit :tongue:)

gusxandi2

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 23, 2014
Yes, the drivers are very close in performance, there are qualifyings with 9 drivers separate by a second, with 7 diferente winners in the last 7 races, and i hope to be the eighth winner in 8 diferente races :thumbsup:.

Italyman

Pro Karter
Jan 16, 2014
i have an important exam on monday so i won't be able to drive in abu dhabi
good luck to everyone :)

msvance23

F1 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
Quite like this track, hopefully will be closer to the front tomorrow, had a bad run of races recently

Mooney3D

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Tried to go on tonight and looks like my pedals have gone again. Was constantly stuck at about 10% throttle even when I wasn't even touching them. Will see what they're like tomorrow and if they still buggered I won't race. I'll still be about to Co-ordinate tomorrow regardless of if they work or not.

Racing on a pad is out of the question for me though as I know I'd be a danger to everyone else on track. Completely lost the hand co-ordination after using a wheel for a few years. Hopefully it's ok tomorrow but I highly doubt it. Looks like the wheel has decided whether or not a race next season though.

Mooney3D

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Ok guys I think my throttle pedal has completely gone I have zero response from it so I'll be unable to race tonight. (and quite likely for the rest of the season.) I'll be around tonight to co-ordinate still and then we'll see what happens for USA and Brazil.

Also just a reminder if you haven't already done so to check out the Season 8 sign-up thread if you wish to continue racing in the leagues next season.
http://apexonlineracing.com/forums/forum/f1-2013/leagues/playstation-3-leagues/18282-f1-2013-ps3-leagues-season-8-sign-up-thread

msvance23

F1 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
Qualified 2 seconds off the pace, but for some reason I was matching the front 3s race pace, was looking good for a 3rd place on a 2 stopper, but got too eager on the throttle on worn tyres! Lost my front wing and got a puncture, very frustrated with myself!

Looking forward to Texas next week, love that track!

gusxandi2

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 23, 2014
Qualifying:5th
Race:3rd

I have a good lap in the qualifying with 0.2 sec from pole, i have a good start until reda make a mistake and when i put in the inside, afraid to hit reda in the outside, i went more inside and i hit a stupid spire that spin me, until the first pit stop, my race was horrible then i started to have race pace, have some acidentes like reda hitting or banana dsc, then i anticipated my second stop that make me closer to coaches, so we make a great battle but it wasn't enough to pass him, then after the third pit stop, i lose my drs and for some reason i get closer to coaches in the straight, then i have to use the kers to pass him without drs, then i manage to make the 3rd place in front of coaches.

Optimum4

F1 Test Driver
Jan 29, 2014
Awesome race guys !! I love racing with you guys and being a part of this great league !!
Started 8th and finished race in 6th due to MVUnited wrecking out and a couple disconnections
Started race cleanly and made some decent pit stops, ran slower than usual to preserve tires and fuel to see if I could gain spots on that strategy but
was only able to gain 1 spot doing it so all in all a great race for me. I finished 6th and got 8pts which is a season best for me
Can't wait until next year after these last 2 great tracks !

Congratulations to the podium finishers and everyone for driving a clean/fast race

coaches82

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Had my worst quali of the season at my worst track, only managed 6th after messing up my first 2 runs...... I was too cautious into t1 and clipped the bollard on the inside sending me back to last place. Battled back to 3rd place only to lose kers for 2 laps allowing gusxandi to pass me during last stint to finish 4th. Had a few good battles on way through the field but happy to put a poor race and quali behind me, hope for better at USA. Disappointed to lose my championship lead, only 1 point between me and my team mate with 2 races remaining!! Very tight!

Reda989

Rookie
Feb 1, 2014
A bad race for me... In quali I had a DRS failure but I did a perfect lap without DRS to be in P4. In race I broke my front wing in lap 4 and I tried to recover my place. But in the penultimate lap, my option tyres were completely dead and I lost 56 secondes in a lap !! P6, disappointing result...