PS3 GP2 - Thursday - Round 10 - Hungarian Grand Prix - Thursday 13th February - 20:00 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 GP2 - Thursday - Round 10 - Hungarian Grand Prix - Thursday 13th February - 20:00

Lee_cocker

Rookie
Jan 15, 2014
Don't you have the classic edition Pete? Might be problems with people joining unless they've sorted that with the patch. I've had a 17.8 for my 2nd attempt at a quali lap Chris, plenty of time to be gained too I think but the little practice I've had I've been focusing on strategy and race pace.

Elite_sultan

Ex Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 13, 2014
Lee_cocker;12487 said:
Don't you have the classic edition Pete? Might be problems with people joining unless they've sorted that with the patch. I've had a 17.8 for my 2nd attempt at a quali lap Chris, plenty of time to be gained too I think but the little practice I've had I've been focusing on strategy and race pace.
He hosted last week.

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Looking forward to the race now, found a little more pace after practice last night.

Cheers for the help on set up Pete -)

pete day

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Lee_cocker;n12487 said:
I do have classic edition m8

pete day

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Good luck guys for tonight's race please be careful on the first lap and t1 hope we have a dry race

The Real Moaner

F1 Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Indeed. Good luck to everyone. Disappointed to miss this one but never mind. Unfortunately I will be missing a few races going forward - including the next two I think but will still be practicing midweek. There is a new driver this week, Beeds so extra good luck to him.

penguindance

F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
My first ever podium, Stoked! Great result for Red Bull, congrats Nico! Report and video to come….

kimikrotafos

Rookie
Jan 20, 2014
one more amazing race i start for p2 i have a calm race until te safety car i take a risk and put the inters but this didnt pay of so ia had to switch again to the full wet after that i push a lot i have a spam with elite sultan its ok happened this **** in this condition no bad feelings an finaly the 4 position looks very nice gongratulations to nico nice strategy i think he put earlier the inters from intetical!!!good race next date at korea

Lee_cocker

Rookie
Jan 15, 2014
Well another gr8 race. Lucky to get pole on my 3rd attempt. Got a great start and me and nico ran away from the pack straight away. I didn't have the pace compared to Nico at the start of the first stint but managed to keep him behind but didn't really see any overtake attempt tbh. Towards the end of the 1st stint I managed to pull a gap as Nicos started making mistakes. I had a 6s advantage and then the safety car came out so I took the opportunity to pit despite losing my advantage. Second stint felt much better but nico was right there again until I slowly pulled a small gap. We both came in together again and although my race engineer was insisting on inters I thought looking at the conditions that wets would be the safer option. I didn't feel any difference to the previous stint so thought it had worked out ok until I seen Nico after falling behind in traffic quickly closing the gap down, he got onto the back of me by the end of lap 27 and my grip felt like it was quickly deteriorating so I made a mad dash for the pits for inters. Came out and they felt gr8, like dry tyres and I was putting in fastest lap after fastest lap closing a 14s gap down to nico. It was looking as if I was going to have enough time for a last corner overtake but I ran into traffic with 2/3 laps left and lost at least 1s having to move off the racing line and having to alter the car afterwards, still I think It would have been very close. Well done nice you thoroughly deserved that one, excellent choice on strategy.

Elite_sultan

Ex Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 13, 2014
Tables have been updated guys although they are likely to change pending penalty removals.

penguindance

F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
Couldn't see a a dam thing into the first corner so took it very easy. But still tagged Pete exiting, sorry mate I really had no where to go, take a look at vid when its up. Anyway waited and went all the way back to dead last. But I knew it was a wet race and anything could happen. After that it was a solid first stint. Got my way back up to 8th before the safety car. I was also contemplating changing to inters but decided on wets. I was surprised at how many gambled with inters, but it worked for me and I took advantage of the extra grip with the new wets. After that I had good pace and made my way up to 3rd before changing to inters lap 25. Then it was just keep it straight and bring it home in 3rd. The race was all about the right strategy and the right call on tyres. Very surprised to get my first podium here, I really don't like this track. Getting sick of wet races too but it seems to bring the best results for me.

Nico

2-time AOR Rally League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Great race Lee, again i got a very lucky win. I don't have the same pace as you in the rain,
was lucky to keep up in the first laps. Keep making small mistakes and falling behind.
If it was not for the safety car and mistake in the strategy i think you would have been a long way in front of me.
But i really enjoyed the race, and hoping for a dry fight in Korea :)

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Quali 4th
Race 5th
Another exciting race! Happy with my 18.8 quali using wet setup and (birthday celebration) alcohol!
Early race pressure from Jimmy but not much action 'till the pace car. Lots of quali laps after my last pit stops trying to catch Ali, only missing out by a few tenths at the end!

Beeds

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2014
Really enjoyed tht guys. Looking forward to getting into the league