PS3 GP2 Thursday - Round 11 - Belgian Grand Prix - Thursday 23 January - 20:00 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 GP2 Thursday - Round 11 - Belgian Grand Prix - Thursday 23 January - 20:00

Elite_Indrek

GP2 1st Driver
Jan 16, 2014
manuals faster....i hate autogears ~~Lol :lol:....i cant drive whit them in real life also ,lol....alweys hitting clutch whit my leg,it means brake lol

Lee_cocker

Rookie
Jan 15, 2014
Yeah indrek, I've noticed the same m8. I could easily stiffen up the car a bit and increase the gear ratios to suit top end for quali and could gain a huge chunk of time but it would be pointless for the race pace as I'd be mega slow down the straights, and the handling would suffer more with high fuel. I've based my setup on primes with 10 laps and standard engine using kers without drs and got a 47.7 in gp mode practice. I doubt I'll change my setup now as anything I do even tho it may feel better doesn't bring me any lap time, such as increasing one or 2 gears a click to kill traction, which it does and even tho it feels faster without spinning up as much it's actually been slower for me which is an odd one. Another thing that's got me worried about my pace is that I'm either slow here or legend webber is mega fast here as I'm only increasing my lead just under a second per lap to him and sometimes jst half where as I'm normally a lot quicker than that to the A.I, I can help feel I've missed something or taken the wrong direction towards the setup somewhere down the line which is a shame as spa is my 2nd favourite track on the calendar. Nether the less I'm looking forward to a good action packed race and maybe I will find some pace when I try my setup online. Good luck tonight guys

Herbie

Rookie
Jan 14, 2014
Elite_Indrek;n5162 said:
btw...that is first time i made setup whit offline merc,so we will see how it works in a race
I always use the Merc for set up offline. I works well for me but then again I am not as quick as you!!

penguindance

F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
So some took me out on the first lap at turn 6. CookieDoh hit me on the inside but not sure who caused it. Anyway I got sent into the wall lost my front end and no one waited! I don't record unfortunately but if anyone behind has a video I would like to see it. It took me 2.51 to do my first lap putting me completely out of the race. Which was a shame as I was looking forward to a wet race. Not happy.

teo113

Rookie
Jan 16, 2014
Qualy: 12th
Race: 5th
sorry chris for the lap 1 spin. i didnt judge your speed right.
otherwise first sector i went from 12th to 6th which was fun. After letting chris back through I was back to 12th or so. From here on my charge began, until elite came back on the track after a spin, I went right to go around him but he still managed to tag my left rear wheel. this put me back and made me angry lol.
had to do it all over again. Made a late first stop on lap 16 or so for inters and this strategy worked out nicely. was fast towards end. almost ended up in gravel when a slow LSD tagged my rear, but kept it on to finish well, passing the struggling cars on wets.

and sorry Indrek for our spin. As you were already off the track I thought you were gonna dive into the pits for repairs/tyre change etc. My fault. Lucky we caught the wet runners though.

Elite_Indrek

GP2 1st Driver
Jan 16, 2014
seems like i dont have no luck at all here,erytime smt BS happens,today was wheter,then again noone els to blame put myself,video up soon

Nico

2-time AOR Rally League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Amazing race for me, great battles with indrek and identical_twins. Usually don't do great in a wet race, especially with 1-1 wings haha.
Did a 1 stop, same as identical. Think it was a good strategy, even though we were struggling with the wets on the last few laps.

Lee_cocker

Rookie
Jan 15, 2014
Very good race. First time all season I've felt like I was on the back foot most the race defending for my life. Nico you the man, very fair driver and certainly very fast. Qualified 3rd with a fairly scruffy lap. I whacked the downforce on for the race along with some other changes that effected my top end in quali big time. Race started at I took it very easy and tight into the first corner and holding onto 3rd. First stint was pretty much follow the leader and hope for mistakes as our pace was fairly evenly matched over a full lap and a late braking overtake could easily end in disaster which it nearly did. I managed to pass nico with better traction and was soon on the back of indreksan, I looked for the overtake down into the hairpin and my brakes locked up which caused me to tap his car, sorry indreksan. I waited and let novo pass as I felt I had disadvantaged him aswell and carried on in 3rd. Indreksan then pitted so I decided to see how long the tyres would last. I managed to pass nico again before we both pitted on lap 11, just. We both came out on wets. I could see my pace was better in the corners and really bad on the fast parts cos of my low 7th gear which meant me pulling a gap out in s2 and losing it all again down the straights whilst novo took advantage of my slipstream. As the race went on I felt I was a sitting duck more and more until the tyres started going off and then my traction would play into my hands whilst nico struggled a bit more towards the end. All race having nico right behind me and I finally managed to create a bit of a gap and get him out of my slipstream and I go and put it in the gravel. Really don't know how or why it happen as I was taking the corner as normal with caution and not carrying too much speed but the front brakes decided to lock up making the car under steer straight off the track. That lost me 1st place. I got back on track before nico passed and carried on hunting him down with 1 lap to go and 2 back markers spoiling our fun trying to reovertake us both. I seen nico struggling on the last lap and I managed to claw some time back but whoever it was in the Ferrari behind me trying to overtake spoiled my changes of getting 1st back as I had to defend with no tyres left and lost a chunk of time not taking the right lines. I know we were both slow and youse were entitled to reovertake us but come on, was there any need in it. We were fighting for 1st place, youse were way down the field, and did youse gain anything from it, any places for instance, no so why spoil it with 1 lap left? All I can say is next time it happens the gloves are coming off :( !!!!!!!!!!! Other than that and taking a trip to stoneville, I really enjoyed it having nico keeping me honest all race and well done on the win m8, you deserved it.

Herbie

Rookie
Jan 14, 2014
QUALY 5TH

RACE 10TH

Had a good clean start and first corner was very clean. Was running 5th on lap 4 when I made a mistake on exit of turn 6 and lost the back end and could not keep it out of the wall. Lost my front wing and and got a nearside front puncture. I then spent the whole race chasing Penguin, we had very similar pace, getting past therealmoaner on the way. Stayed on full wets the whole race. Not sure if this was correct.

Nico

2-time AOR Rally League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Thanks Lee, we had some great battles, 1 sec apart almost the entire race :)
We both made mistakes the last few laps and the win could have gone either way,.
I almost took the inters on lap 11 because my stupid race engineer told me to lol.

Lee_cocker

Rookie
Jan 15, 2014
Lol yeah, I had a word with my race engineer after the race, told him to keep his mouth shut in future and let me concentrate, the bloody swine.

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
~~From 12th on the 1st lap, I managed to get into 3rd position with 5 laps to go. But, conditions changed and I lost 3 places struggling with wets, on the last 3 laps.
Great fun and happy enough with 6th.
Well done Nico and unlucky Lee.

The Real Moaner

F1 Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Qualy. P 13. New set up. Missed the chance to set a lap at the end.

Race. P 13. Had a good start until out braking myself at the Bus Stop on Lap 5. Broke my Front Wing and pitted, moving to a 2 stop. Had reasonable pace for the second stint but made a number of errors at the start of the third. All the time I was losing grip and the Race Engineer was telling me to pit for inters. However, having tried that in Canada, I was having none of it... Until I broke my Front Wing on Lap 20 so went for Inters.

Came out, and I was behind three slow cars. I first thought it was Cookie before realising it was Lee. When I thought Cookie was ahead, I was trying to get past Lee but when I then realised there were two cars in a battle for the lead, I backed off. Never been faster than the leaders before though so that was a new experience!

Lee_cocker

Rookie
Jan 15, 2014
Lol no worries moaner, thanks for owning up to it. We were both on 10/11 lap old wets when the track had dried out enough for inters but I don't think either of us wanted to risk the extra pitstop where as it would probabely of been the best option, but then again gaining a pitstop in 5/7 laps isn't easy, it would have been close. So we both ended up skating round at a snails pace for the last 3 laps with no grip and constant wheel spin as well as the car not slowing down and locking up instead. It's all good fun tho, kinda getting used to 2nd now lol