PS3 GP2 - Thursday - Round 13 - Singapore Grand Prix - Thursday 7th February - 20:00 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 GP2 - Thursday - Round 13 - Singapore Grand Prix - Thursday 7th February - 20:00

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Elite_Indrek

GP2 1st Driver
Jan 16, 2014
cant fucking beliv my luck here whit this game,how Teo crashed just that place wher i was,lol
anyway didnt push first stint at all,was trying to save options as longest i could,made 10 sec gap whit 4 llaps lol,so pitted for prime lap 8 i think or 9,come out behinde BKD and Teo,overtook BKD,he made mistake,then going into finish straight Teo runs wide and curb hits him into wall and buum,lost wing by touching merceds,went into pits somehow all lap,and crashed into pit wall bum,thats it,my only chanch win here against Lee,gone
cya at hungary
btw,recorde all race,some nice battles ther ,Chris,BKD,Sultan,Lsd
video up soon

kimikrotafos

Rookie
Jan 20, 2014
yes real moaner if you watch the f1 you will see that they give a sign and take the left line dont stay to the race line i will be profete that you will go to the pits???

The Real Moaner

F1 Champion
Jan 14, 2014
What a race that was. Firstly, I'd like to say thanks to all. Whilst there were crashes, given the track and the conditions - from what I saw the wheel to wheel combat was superb.

Qualy - P11. I gave up what would have been my best lap for a new set of tyres. That said, I know I wouldn't have got above 9th in any case, and probably would have stayed 11th.

Race - P7*. I had a great start, moving past Ali and Pete until I got a little tap from Pete which was unavoidable, which let Herbie through into 9th although after driving through Lee, I moved upto 9th.

Stayed there for a few laps, before htting the wall at the start of S3 losing my front wing and getting a puncture. The track from there on back to the pits is largely single file so apologies to anyone I held up and whilst I got smashed whilst braking for the pits, that was probably unavoidable.

Gambled on the Prime tyre lasting to the rain but was driving around on my tod, until the first Safety Car came out just as I was entering the last corner, so I dived into the pits.

I came out, and within a lap or so was right behind Hardjo, although neither of us were near the safety car pack. At this time, Hardjo was going at the speed you would expect if you were tucked under the SC rather than catching up the pack. The game was confused and started threatening to ghost whilst simultaneously slowing me down! Until, it refused to and sent me past Hardjo but gave me a penalty.

By the time the SC came in, I still hadn't caught the pack up but was 30 seconds ahead of Hardjo. Mate, was something going on with your car or were you going slow for a deliberate reason?

So, I was still driving on my own, when the second SC came out. I didn't pit but at this time, Kimi had either pulled off track or crashed when the game decided to give me another penalty for overtaking under the SC, even though there was nothing I could have done!

This time, I caught the pack up and ended up in 7th just ahead of Herbie.

After two or three laps, I gambled on Intermediates - my options were going off and with the length of the Singapore lap, I thought it might be worthwhile. (Although Kimi thought it would be a good time to crash into my rear end not realising I was entering the pit lane) My engineer disagreed telling me to come back for dry tyres, but I kept it on track, the car felt rather good, and I overtook cars who had pitted for Wets and had insufficient grip.

With heavy rain then expected, I decided to gamble for Wets. Only, to lose most of my grip and have the car feeling rubbish. The race engineer wasn't impressed again and I contemplated going back to Inters, but I was in 6th and knew if I could just keep it on track, I would do well.

So I stayed on wets, with no grip, but it looked like everyone else was on wets at this time too.

I made a conscious decision to let Kimi past for 6th as I didn't know then that 8th was a minute behind me, and didn't want to risk getting into a fight with a driver I didn't know and put it in the wall and lose a great result. I probably backed off too much, but could get 6th if my penalties were overturned. I think they should be, but I don't record and it's not 100% clear cut so I'll sleep on it.

Definitely one of my best races. Just a shame that I don't think I can make anymore this month. (Stupid Sky moving Rugby League on Thursday - especially when Saints are on twice in the first three weeks!!!)

Lee_cocker

Rookie
Jan 15, 2014
Really enjoyed that race. Quali: my car setup didn't like the rain but I felt there was another second in my lap time but I had traffic ahead and was losing downforce ( sorry kimi for nearly wiping u out, I braked too late and locked up so tried getting past u before u turned in, nearly wiped myself out of quali lol). I went out again thinking I needed more front downforce but getting clean air this time it was too much and I couldn't keep the rear from coming round on me, qualified 3rd. Race: got a decent start, slightly squeezed out on t1 and lost a place to jimmy then had a tap on the rear coming out of t3 but held onto it. Held onto the back of jimmy but outbraked myself in s2 and took jimmy with me into the wall and spinning me round (sorry for that m8, terrible driving on my part). Then as I carry on I miss the next corner and carry on into the runoff area, stuck it in reverse span around and carried on in last place. So a pathetic attempt from me for the first few laps, I carry on and take a few places with some risky but Stella overtakes, caught up to pete and ended up running him wide as I went for the overtake so I slowed down and let him get ahead before overtaking again soon after. I jumped a lot of people who were pitting and I decided to stay out as I had nothing to lose and a lot to gain. Had a good battle with sultan who stayed out aswell. I stayed out until lap 12/13 I think when we had the safety car and came out in 4th behind Chris. Got a good restart but it wasn't until a lap or so until I managed to overtake Chris. Then soon after there was another safety car and the car in 2nd pitted (big daddy I think) leaving me take 2nd behind jimmy. I managed to overtake jimmy after chasing him around for a few laps then we both came in for inters. Slightly eeked out a few seconds before the rain was getting worse and lap time was coming down so I knew we had to make another stop, I timed it perfectly and came out in 4th but soon was flying past 3rd and 2nd on my new wets as they had not grip and were sliding all over lol. I increased my lead to 7s after overtaking jimmy as he pitted. Then I managed to increase it more to 10s before the last lap when I had no grip left on the rear. Really enjoyed the race, could have gone better I can't complain with an action packed race that went totally my way. I recorded this race on my phone but it's only recorded up to lap 16, and the camera angle looks more like a helmet cam lol. I'll upload it anyways so you can all enjoy watching my terrible first few laps :)

Elite_sultan

Ex Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 13, 2014
Lost count how many times I got took out, lost the will to live after 2nd safety car, thinking of knocking the rest of the season on the head I think

teo113

Rookie
Jan 16, 2014
Lee_cocker;n10508 said:
Really enjoyed that race. Quali: my car setup didn't like the rain but I felt there was another second in my lap time but I had traffic ahead and was losing downforce ( sorry kimi for nearly wiping u out, I braked too late and locked up so tried getting past u before u turned in, nearly wiped myself out of quali lol). I went out again thinking I needed more front downforce but getting clean air this time it was too much and I couldn't keep the rear from coming round on me, qualified 3rd. Race: got a decent start, slightly squeezed out on t1 and lost a place to jimmy then had a tap on the rear coming out of t3 but held onto it. Held onto the back of jimmy but outbraked myself in s2 and took jimmy with me into the wall and spinning me round (sorry for that m8, terrible driving on my part). Then as I carry on I miss the next corner and carry on into the runoff area, stuck it in reverse span around and carried on in last place. So a pathetic attempt from me for the first few laps, I carry on and take a few places with some risky but Stella overtakes, caught up to pete and ended up running him wide as I went for the overtake so I slowed down and let him get ahead before overtaking again soon after. I jumped a lot of people who were pitting and I decided to stay out as I had nothing to lose and a lot to gain. Had a good battle with sultan who stayed out aswell. I stayed out until lap 12/13 I think when we had the safety car and came out in 4th behind Chris. Got a good restart but it wasn't until a lap or so until I managed to overtake Chris. Then soon after there was another safety car and the car in 2nd pitted (big daddy I think) leaving me take 2nd behind jimmy. I managed to overtake jimmy after chasing him around for a few laps then we both came in for inters. Slightly eeked out a few seconds before the rain was getting worse and lap time was coming down so I knew we had to make another stop, I timed it perfectly and came out in 4th but soon was flying past 3rd and 2nd on my new wets as they had not grip and were sliding all over lol. I increased my lead to 7s after overtaking jimmy as he pitted. Then I managed to increase it more to 10s before the last lap when I had no grip left on the rear. Really enjoyed the race, could have gone better I can't complain with an action packed race that went totally my way. I recorded this race on my phone but it's only recorded up to lap 16, and the camera angle looks more like a helmet cam lol. I'll upload it anyways so you can all enjoy watching my terrible first few laps :)
dude, please use paragraphs...

WooWaa

Rookie
Jan 20, 2014
elite_sultan;n10520 said:
Lost count how many times I got took out, lost the will to live after 2nd safety car, thinking of knocking the rest of the season on the head I think
nooo dont do that, you still had some good racing lol

Nico

2-time AOR Rally League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Damn..seems like i missed a good race :)

WooWaa: How was the red bull, not to many scratches in it i hope? :p

Funtexx36

Rookie
Jan 16, 2014
Q:15 Fisnish:11 Tough race many very fast Guys The track is imo one of the hardest And in the Rain pyyy But good and clean racing Thx all Sendt fra min SGP321 med Tapatalk

Herbie

Rookie
Jan 14, 2014
Q 13th Not good as I could not go any faster!!
R 9th Had a good start. Got past Sultan before turn 1 who seemed very slow of the line. I went passed quite a few incidents on the first lap and ended up 7th I think. I then ran consistantly picking off a few cars that were having incidents until the rain came!
Disaster struck!! I changed from Inters to full wets to early and put it in the wall and broke front wing and got a right front puncture. It took an age to get back to the pits and then I changed back to Inters. Big mistake as the track was now too wet for Inters so had to stop again for Wets!!

I usually make the correct call on tyres at the right time so I am not happy with myself. I think 5th was a possibilty with out my tyre mistakes!
Still enjoyed the race with some good clean racing.!

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
What a race.

Was on for 2nd or 3rd as I started on primes and was in 2nd place by the time everyone pitted, had casrs going off everywhere so luck came my way, saw Indrek crash into pits BUM.

, safety car came in pits , went on to options under safety car was 3rd when I came out then lap 15 another safety car, gambled and came in for primes hoping to go the distance, doh went wet around lap 24?, came in for inters and then full wets and chased Chris hard for that podium place.

well done Chris you took severe pressure from me to not make a mistake under those conditions, great drive, lost another place by locking up on last lap to penguin to take 5th but with penalty from penguin 4th, may go back to 5th with penalty removed.

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Great video Indrek. I loved the last 5 laps!

Quali 5th
Race 3rd.

Very happy with my podium. Very tough race mentally especially the last 5 laps racing with Ian. Great stuff mate! I couldn't live with Lee and Jimmys pace in the rain. Resect to both of you!
I tried to race within my limits and not push too hard. It worked out well.

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
It is very off putting talking during the race, will have to start muting all mics. Can I remind you Kimi about race Ettiquiette? You aint supposed to have a go at people during the race if they make a mistake. Please vent any frustration after the race.