PS3 GP2 - Thursday - Round 16 - Indian Grand Prix - Thursday 6 March 2014 - 20:00 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 GP2 - Thursday - Round 16 - Indian Grand Prix - Thursday 6 March 2014 - 20:00

Nico

2-time AOR Rally League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
To bad about the start, was down to last after turn 3. A bit frustrating, but these things happens, turned out to be a fun race :)

Did my biggest mistake ever on this game when entering the pits, i somehow put it in reverse and did a donut and into the gravel :lol:
Took about 20 sec to get into the pits haha. Fortunately these brainfreezes dont happen often.

Sorry to Sultan for hitting you, had a big lock-up at the hairpin.

Happy with 3rd :thumbup:

penguindance

F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
The Real Moaner;n18220 said:
Penguin - unfortunately the rules state that if a car disconnects after a lap has been set in Qualifying, the race continues.

A Safety Car restart is used for multiple disconnections.

So far this season it has happened to myself, Lee and Indrek as well. Not ideal and maybe something we will try to look at for Season 8.
yeah i know mate just disappointing put a lot of time in this week, no worries these things happen

pete day

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
kimikrotafos;n18217 said:
what i am doing???if i cut the corners i will take penalty and i dont understand we have incident together???
Of I cut only 1or 2 corners u dnt get penalty for it and u cut the corner the lap b4 the incident and it is weird that I only ghost then and nt the lap b4 so if u have video it wud be good 2 see

kimikrotafos

Rookie
Jan 20, 2014
lag pete for sure lag!!!!i almost stop to let you pass me!!!one lap earlier i pass you if you remember in same turn

Elite_sultan

Ex Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 13, 2014
rather enjoyed that tbh, q:6th i think with my best time of the week, R: got a good start nice and clean and then coming out of the hairpin i see nico straight in front of me facing sideways, nothing i could do but help him spin round, that put me last but one so i let nico through after the straight and to my surprise i kept up with him and we managed to get back to the pack. loads of good racing this week although had a couple of incidents but they were all racing incidents so no worries there. finished 6th in the end. i will prob put all my race on in different stints this week.

Lee_cocker

Rookie
Jan 15, 2014
Surprisingly enjoyed that race. Quali; 2nd jst literally a cats whisker behind nico :) Race; good start, took 1st after the 1st corner and then was handed a big gap up the straight as there was contact with a few behind, unlucky guys. Pete took 2nd and I slowly increase the gap to 4s then saved the fuel and tyres in cruise after lap3/4. Came in lap 7 for primes and came out 7s behind kimi who was in worn tyres and I soon caught up in time for him going into the pits, I didn't overtake and played it safe as he dived into the pits and I got the drs to claw some time back down the pit straight. I Stayed out til lap 18 and came out on primes again. I had a nice cushion of time to fall back on so I put it in fast for 1-2 fast laps then back down to standard and jst kept Within my limits to bring it home a lonely 1st. Funny thing was, my fastest lap was in standard without fresh tyres :s guess that makes me champ if my maths is correct :)

Nico

2-time AOR Rally League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
My highlights from the race.
Except from some problems on lap 1 and one incident on the pit entry i dont wish to talk about :tongue: it was a fun race.

[video=youtube_share;Nx9ZH_VjSo8]http://youtu.be/Nx9ZH_VjSo8[/video]

WooWaa

Rookie
Jan 20, 2014
Last night was good fun :) Wasnt happy with my qualy lap until I crossed the line and seen my position lol was happily surprised considering I thought I could go quicker. RACE: Was scary going round the 1st couple corners, think I got bumped twice but I survived. The next 15 laps I had herbs chasing me which made the race for me, he would close up but I kept using all my kers so he couldnt get past on the drs straight which I bet was annoying lol Ieventually ran out of talent lol and span which let him get past and I couldnt get back in the swing of things. Had a lap or 2 with faded where we were getting pretty close :) but I was glad ali didnt catch me at the end, half a lap more and he would of lol reminded me of monza. :) not sure who put a downer on things after the race though

Herbie

Rookie
Jan 14, 2014
QUALY--11TH not my best lap, definately had more time in the car. another 2 tenths would have been good enough for 4th!

RACE-- 4TH Avoided the Mahem in the first couple of corners and ended up 4th and the end of the DRS straight. Had a great fair fight with Woo for all the first and half the second stint. He was quick where he needed to be! He had great traction onto the DRS straight and I just could not get close enough in the braking zone to risk an overtake. After he made a small mistake I managed to edge away from him a little each lap. I was running 3rd until the last couple of laps where I did not have good enough tyres to be able to defend from a very fast Nico.

Happy with 4th

Fantastic clean racing!!

Elite_sultan

Ex Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 13, 2014
WooWaa;18510 said:
Last night was good fun :) Wasnt happy with my qualy lap until I crossed the line and seen my position lol was happily surprised considering I thought I could go quicker. RACE: Was scary going round the 1st couple corners, think I got bumped twice but I survived. The next 15 laps I had herbs chasing me which made the race for me, he would close up but I kept using all my kers so he couldnt get past on the drs straight which I bet was annoying lol Ieventually ran out of talent lol and span which let him get past and I couldnt get back in the swing of things. Had a lap or 2 with faded where we were getting pretty close :) but I was glad ali didnt catch me at the end, half a lap more and he would of lol reminded me of monza. :) not sure who put a downer on things after the race though
Nearly had you buddy, next time;-)