PS3 - Season 9 - GP2 Thursday - R13: Italian GP - 26/02/2015 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 - Season 9 - GP2 Thursday - R13: Italian GP - 26/02/2015

DON SILVA

Super Mod & PS4 F1 League Runner
Staff Member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

Round 13 - Italian Grand Prix
Season 9

Race Information:

Date: Thursday 26th February 2015
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autodromo Nazionale di Monza

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

Informed Absentees:
  • Joeforsf1
  • LochKan
  • Herbie

Important Links:

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

Race Graphic:

DON SILVA

Staff Member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I've never had a league race here where I've not been smashed off at T1. I only managed a 25.1 last night. Aiming to be in the mid 24's soon. Once you've lost time here, it's almost impossible to gain it back.

Bcolt93

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 24, 2014
managed to do a 25.4 last night. losing so much time in the chicanes that its no longer funny though. i never figured out the breaking points around here on last years game or on the 3 career mode races i've had on this years game, something i need to get sorted out. hopefully corner cutting isnt an issue around here, its worse than Canada

DON SILVA

Staff Member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
managed to do a 25.4 last night. losing so much time in the chicanes that its no longer funny though. i never figured out the breaking points around here on last years game or on the 3 career mode races i've had on this years game, something i need to get sorted out. hopefully corner cutting isnt an issue around here, its worse than Canada
Between the 150m board and the 100m board for T1. Just after the bridge for T4. For lesmo 1, I use the shadow just after that red advertising board on the left. Lesmo 2, just before the 50m board. You've really got to throw the car in there. For Ascari, there's a red bit on the barrier on the right just before the kerb starts. Parabolica is the one I'm really struggling with. 50m is the braking point but getting a late apex is the hard bit. I'm yet to master that. In terms of cutting, for me Canada is worse. Besides, you really don't want to touch the kerbs around here. They're very unpredictable.

robnoxious9000

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 10, 2014
Between the 150m board and the 100m board for T1. Just after the bridge for T4. For lesmo 1, I use the shadow just after that red advertising board on the left. Lesmo 2, just before the 50m board. You've really got to throw the car in there. For Ascari, there's a red bit on the barrier on the right just before the kerb starts. Parabolica is the one I'm really struggling with. 50m is the braking point but getting a late apex is the hard bit. I'm yet to master that. In terms of cutting, for me Canada is worse. Besides, you really don't want to touch the kerbs around here. They're very unpredictable.
You brake at the lesmo's?!

Bcolt93

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 24, 2014
Between the 150m board and the 100m board for T1. Just after the bridge for T4. For lesmo 1, I use the shadow just after that red advertising board on the left. Lesmo 2, just before the 50m board. You've really got to throw the car in there. For Ascari, there's an orange bit on the barrier on the right just before the kerb starts. Parabolica is the one I'm really struggling with. 50m is the braking point but getting a late apex is the hard bit. I'm yet to master that. In terms of cutting, for me Canada is worse. Besides, you really don't want to touch the kerbs around here. They're very unpredictable.
yeah i was slowly starting to figure it out with some quali practice runs and then did a 50% race. completely destroyed the rear tires on both option stints as i ended up mario-karting into the chicanes. im not sure how much good will come from practicing the next couple days as i cant bring my wheel back to scho
[DOUBLEPOST=1424447300][/DOUBLEPOST]
You brake at the lesmo's?!
pad struggles

DON SILVA

Staff Member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
yeah i was slowly starting to figure it out with some quali practice runs and then did a 50% race. completely destroyed the rear tires on both option stints as i ended up mario-karting into the chicanes. im not sure how much good will come from practicing the next couple days as i cant bring my wheel back to scho
[DOUBLEPOST=1424447300][/DOUBLEPOST]

pad struggles
Will you have a new pad by Thursday?

Bcolt93

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 24, 2014
Will you have a new pad by Thursday?
yeah i should. i think my roommate is bringing an extra one down and if not i'll go find a cheap used one when im not in class monday or tuesday

Bcolt93

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 24, 2014
Practicing here has reminded me why I have a deep hatred for this track. The slightest mistake here can cost you so much and there isn't really any place to make up time unless you're in the slip stream. Whoever is best on the breaks into turns 1 and 4 wins this

DON SILVA

Staff Member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
It's quite a run down to T1. It could get ugly for the wheel users.

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
It is possible that you don't have to brake for that corner, there are some more corners like that where you gain a little with a wheel. However, if you wanna debate that, I think this track is more suited for pads, but doesn't mean that wheels can't be fast, it's all up to the practice...

DON SILVA

Staff Member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Hey guys - I just want to remind you all about the Driver Briefing posted ahead of the Canada race earlier in the season. The same guidelines apply for Monza (as with everywhere else of course) so please do your best to keep things clean.

Good luck!

DON SILVA

Staff Member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
My disconnection at Spa may prove to be even more costly. I can't find any pace around here whatsoever.

Elite_sultan

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Jan 13, 2014
Is anyone online later on about 9pm

DON SILVA

Staff Member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
@Elite_sultan What time? I've pretty much written off this race but I'll practice for the sake of it.

DON SILVA

Staff Member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I'm online right now if anyone fancies some practice.