PS3 - Season 9 - GP2 Thursday - R13: Italian GP - 26/02/2015 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 - Season 9 - GP2 Thursday - R13: Italian GP - 26/02/2015

Bcolt93

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 24, 2014
where would a low to mid 25 put me for quali roughly? i dont see myself improving much over the next few days when if i get a chance to practice

Elite_sultan

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Jan 13, 2014
where would a low to mid 25 put me for quali roughly? i dont see myself improving much over the next few days when if i get a chance to practice
Well I done a 24:0 on tt which should be a 24:5 online so hope that helps you.

DON SILVA

Super Mod & PS4 F1 League Runner
Staff Member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Auto spin kerb at the exit of Ascari...

Bcolt93

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 24, 2014
Auto spin kerb at the exit of Ascari...
i've been spat out by the one on the exit of Lesmo 2 as well. the more i practice around here the slower i seem to get, might have to take a break for a little while

Elite_sultan

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Jan 13, 2014
Got me and all Don, done a perfect lap which was a 23:9 but just can't get it together in a 5 lapper. Keep going sideways into the 2nd chicane it's so annoying.

DON SILVA

Staff Member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Got me and all Don, done a perfect lap which was a 23:9 but just can't get it together in a 5 lapper. Keep going sideways into the 2nd chicane it's so annoying.
That chicane is a nightmare in the race. It's like the braking point changes every lap. It's weird. I must say, I found out today that in the race, the second part of Ascari is awful on a pad. If you outbrake yourself, you simply can't correct a thing because the pad's turning input is so incredibly sluggish. You lose so much time through there and also all the way down the straight because of it. Whoever wins this race will deserve to be named as GP2's Mr Consistent.

Bcolt93

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 24, 2014
That chicane is a nightmare in the race. It's like the braking point changes every lap. It's weird. I must say, I found out today that in the race, the second part of Ascari is awful on a pad. If you outbrake yourself, you simply can't correct a thing because the pad's turning input is so incredibly sluggish. You lose so much time through there and also all the way down the straight because of it. Whoever wins this race will deserve to be named as GP2's Mr Consistent.
well, looks like i've been eliminated from contending for this race victory then. im pretty much the king of setting a good lap early and never touching it again. for example, at spa i set my fastest lap of 51.1 on primes on lap 2, then never bettered it. same kind of thing in practice aronud here. i can do a low to mid 26 early, but will be in the 27's, 28's and occasionally a 29 for much of the race.

also is it possible to figure out ahead of time where the leaders are going to break roughly and have that posted here for L1T1? this first turn is going to be a disaster based on prior races we've had, one caused by myself, and others have had incidents as well to varying degrees. i think if the whole field has a general understanding of where the leaders are going to break for T1 in a massive pack we might be able to avoid the clusterf*ck that others have posted in the stewards inquiries. if we all know that the two in the front are breaking for example just prior to the 100m board, the whole field should be able to adjust theoretically assuming nobody misses their breaking point or does something stupid. would it be possible for the likely suspects normally at the front of qualifying to give us a heads up where they tend to break from the front? @Elite_sultan @robnoxious9000 @DON SILVA @Desimpele

i know this may seem a little strange since we should know when to break, but i think the run down to turn 1 and the nature of the corner(s) here can lead to more confusion on what kind of speed you hit and can carry through the corner on the opening lap, and its not something that can be adequately simulated by racing legend AI either. im just looking to not be taken out again for the 5th consecutive race or worse be the reason we have a pile up at t1 for the 2nd time this season

DON SILVA

Staff Member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
well, looks like i've been eliminated from contending for this race victory then. im pretty much the king of setting a good lap early and never touching it again. for example, at spa i set my fastest lap of 51.1 on primes on lap 2, then never bettered it. same kind of thing in practice aronud here. i can do a low to mid 26 early, but will be in the 27's, 28's and occasionally a 29 for much of the race.

also is it possible to figure out ahead of time where the leaders are going to break roughly and have that posted here for L1T1? this first turn is going to be a disaster based on prior races we've had, one caused by myself, and others have had incidents as well to varying degrees. i think if the whole field has a general understanding of where the leaders are going to break for T1 in a massive pack we might be able to avoid the clusterf*ck that others have posted in the stewards inquiries. if we all know that the two in the front are breaking for example just prior to the 100m board, the whole field should be able to adjust theoretically assuming nobody misses their breaking point or does something stupid. would it be possible for the likely suspects normally at the front of qualifying to give us a heads up where they tend to break from the front? @Elite_sultan @robnoxious9000 @DON SILVA @Desimpele

i know this may seem a little strange since we should know when to break, but i think the run down to turn 1 and the nature of the corner(s) here can lead to more confusion on what kind of speed you hit and can carry through the corner on the opening lap, and its not something that can be adequately simulated by racing legend AI either. im just looking to not be taken out again for the 5th consecutive race or worse be the reason we have a pile up at t1 for the 2nd time this season
The 100M board is the braking point if you're leading into T1 on L1.

Bcolt93

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 24, 2014
is anyone available to practice at some point today, i get back from class at 12 my time roughly? would love to practice tomorrow but unfortunately i cant since i got 8 straight hours of class from 10:30-6:30

DON SILVA

Staff Member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
is anyone available to practice at some point today, i get back from class at 12 my time roughly? would love to practice tomorrow but unfortunately i cant since i got 8 straight hours of class from 10:30-6:30
I'll be around.

Bcolt93

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 24, 2014
tried to practice with @chris130256 and @neil rutter and then my pad decided not to turn right at the lesmos so i'll give up for today. when it was working i did a 25.8 but made some mistakes. tried a ps4 pad but its either all or nothing on the throttle and break inputs, should have a normal one for the race though

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
What a difference a game makes. Last game fighting for the win at this track.this game could be last. Hate this year's game.
Just cannot find the pace usually on one of my strongest tracks.

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Bin foolin around with setups last night online.
Love these sessions.
Started with; 26.5, 25.8, 25.5,. 25.1, and ended with a 24.8.
All in qual. and on primes. And 99% clean laps.
Sec.2 has the most to gain,imo.
And yeah, that second chicane. Hard not to cut a bit to much, but quicker and much better exit if not.

chris130256

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Bin foolin around with setups last night online.
Love these sessions.
Started with; 26.5, 25.8, 25.5,. 25.1, and ended with a 24.8.
All in qual. and on primes. And 99% clean laps.
Sec.2 has the most to gain,imo.
And yeah, that second chicane. Hard not to cut a bit to much, but quicker and much better exit if not.

And I saw you do a 1.23.7 on ops practicing on Sunday.
My money's on Philip for pole!

pete day

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Had no practice at all Nt one of the best tracks for me I will b on today Chris about 1ish m8 if u r about hopefully I have fixed my wheel

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
And I saw you do a 1.23.7 on ops practicing on Sunday.
My money's on Philip for pole!
Yeah, i did.
But was in the Ferrari. Tried same setup on the RedBull, but wasn't even close to a 23.

Bcolt93

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 24, 2014
Managed to do a 25.4 last night before my pad gave up again. I should be able to do a 25 flat but right now when I practice I'm more concerned about getting the car turned

DON SILVA

Staff Member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Yeah, i did.
But was in the Ferrari. Tried same setup on the RedBull, but wasn't even close to a 23.
The Ferrari has insane acceleration compared to the Renault powered cars. Spa and Monza have really exposed the awful acceleration that the Renault cars have. Then again, I've yet to hit the rev limiter on this track. The car feels like it can easily do 230+mph in 8th.

chris130256

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 14, 2014
All this talk of how fast the Ferrari is, is a bit depressing as I can only get a 1.24.7 with mine!