PS3 - Season 9 - GP2 Thursday - R13: Italian GP - 26/02/2015 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 - Season 9 - GP2 Thursday - R13: Italian GP - 26/02/2015

Bcolt93

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 24, 2014
It's always nice to win, but it wasn't the most enjoyable race... I liked some other races more like Canada, Germany & Spa.

Btw I can't make next week's race (I'll not be able to put it on the new race topic so I hope you remember) since I'm going on a skitrip... It's sad because I really like Singapore but who can be sad when he goes skiiing?? Or even more Apres SKi?! hehe... See you guys the week after in Japan!
you got an amazing jump off the start. i was hoping to challenge into T1 but you were already gone by the time i hit 3rd gear. nice win

DON SILVA

Super Mod & PS4 F1 League Runner
Staff Member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q: 8th - Laughable session tbh. Got blocked on one of my runs by @Electika. Not entirely sure what happened because he was well ahead and then his car just lagged in front of me at the second chicane. My actual lap was rubbish. Plain and simple.

R: DNF

Got a great launch but the cars around me seemed very laggy. I was quite safe on the brakes into T1 and lost a couple positions. I managed to get past @neil rutter on the start finish straight at the start of lap 2. Next target was @Elite_sultan. I reached Ascari and outbraked myself slightly. I haven't watched the footage back but I'll upload the accident. From what I remember, I tried to get back on the racing line and the next minute, I was spun into the wall by Neil and my vehicle was destroyed. Not much to say to be honest. 2 DNF's in a row and my title hopes have taken a massive dent. I'm not expecting anything from Singapore since I just can't do it without the line so Suzuka will be my next good track. Congrats to @Desimpele on the win. It's looking good for you now.

Bcolt93

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 24, 2014
after looking at the constructors its a little lonely at the bottom, anybody want to wait for me to catch up in the constructors? or join my team for a bit, you can have choice of pitstops:(

Syzeus

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 10, 2015
Q: 8th - Laughable session tbh. Got blocked on one of my runs by @Electika. Not entirely sure what happened because he was well ahead and then his car just lagged in front of me at the second chicane. My actual lap was rubbish. Plain and simple.

R: DNF

Got a great launch but the cars around me seemed very laggy. I was quite safe on the brakes into T1 and lost a couple positions. I managed to get past @neil rutter on the start finish straight at the start of lap 2. Next target was @Elite_sultan. I reached Ascari and outbraked myself slightly. I haven't watched the footage back but I'll upload the accident. From what I remember, I tried to get back on the racing line and the next minute, I was spun into the wall by Neil and my vehicle was destroyed. Not much to say to be honest. 2 DNF's in a row and my title hopes have taken a massive dent. I'm not expecting anything from Singapore since I just can't do it without the line so Suzuka will be my next good track. Congrats to @Desimpele on the win. It's looking good for you now.
@DON SILVA You where no where near my car, as far as my screen happened LSD High was between us.

Last edited:

chris130256

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 14, 2014
well that was interesting

Qualifying: 2nd on a 1:24.397
no idea where the hell that came from as i finally put a lap together around here. the only thing that can sum up that session for me is this:
Race: 5th with 10 second penalty, 4th across the line

got a **** poor start and @robnoxious9000 got ahead of me pretty quickly on the first lap i think. first stint was solid and i held my own at the front of the pack surprisingly. coming out of the pits around lap 12 i found myself stuck behind @pete day for a few laps. tried to overtake around the outside and missed the 2nd part of the chicane and i barely tapped his car and got a penalty, i'll be appealing that cause i dont think the contact did anything other than slow us both down 2 tenths in the 1st sector and he was still infront. after the pit stops worked themselves out i was 3rd about 9 seconds behind Rob and started to close quickly. would have caught him if i didnt keep making mistakes out of the chicanes. eventually @neil rutter caught me and overtook me knocking me down to 4th. next lap @chris130256 caught me and we went side by side into the 1st chicane. on the exit i got a better run but had a ridiculous amount of wheel spin as soon as i put it into rich and got flung into him knocking us both into the wall, so im expecting a penalty out of that. similar situation to last week with neil which is a **** off, never figured i'd get that much wheel spin. that ended up allowing Sultan to get within 10 seconds of me and knock me off my best finish, but i should have crossed the line in 5th anyway behind Chris. struggled with the chicanes a lot and forced myself to wait to get on the power a lot to negate any advantage i'd gain which prevented me from catching the people ahead as id rather not catch them by corner cutting. all in all a solid race for me. really sorry about the accident Chris, you got screwed cause i put the power down to early
You manned up and admitted your error so respect for that. I got a 10 second penalty and lost my wing. I wouldn't normally complain but this is the same as Neils last week, so Don could you give it to the stewards? Bcolt did wait after the incident. I would like my penalty removed too.

Bcolt93

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 24, 2014
You manned up and admitted your error so respect for that. I got a 10 second penalty and lost my wing. I wouldn't normally complain but this is the same as Neils last week, so Don could you give it to the stewards? Bcolt did wait after the incident. I would like my penalty removed too.
yeah that crash was actually worthy of a penalty unlike the other one i got. no idea how you ended up getting the penalty there though, thats codemasters' logic for ya

Syzeus

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 10, 2015
I think EA helped make this game during the penalty sytems...

DON SILVA

Super Mod & PS4 F1 League Runner
Staff Member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Did you manage to take a picture of the penalty in the race director after the race?

Bcolt93

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 24, 2014
Did you manage to take a picture of the penalty in the race director after the race?
if he doesnt have one it was lap 26 and we were only 3 seconds behind neil at the time, not sure if that helps at all

Syzeus

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 10, 2015
I have no clue what happened :p

Syzeus

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 10, 2015
What happened between yourself and @Big-Kid-Daddy?
I was going for a move down the indside at parabolica because he ran terribly wide, but then he cut me off. So I though I would use slipstream on the main straight but he squeezed me out wide, he kept doing it until I was on the gravel then I spun out and hit him. If I would of cut back on him he would have spun himself. Half my fault half @Big-Kid-Daddy

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
I was going for a move down the indside at parabolica because he ran terribly wide, but then he cut me off. So I though I would use slipstream on the main straight but he squeezed me out wide, he kept doing it until I was on the gravel then I spun out and hit him. If I would of cut back on him he would have spun himself. Half my fault half @Big-Kid-Daddy
Impossible that you was going on the inside at parabolic!!! I was on the normal line and went sideways into the apex due to the rubbish set up I had. I recovered and was on the straight on the normal line but due to the slide with You closing on Me.

Next thing I know I was hit and in the wall. Not once did I squeeze you out due to my mistake as it would have been pointless to try and stop your overtake.
I was left side track to let you go on inside of me as when you exit parabolic the car naturally will want to go left of track on exit but you went at a gap that was not there when in fact was a huge space to the right side of me and the natural place to overtake.

Really worst race of all time for me. Which is weird as 3 months ago on this track I was very quick and in control of the car consistently getting low 24 ,s. This race . Slow and could not throttle out the corners without losing control.

Syzeus

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 10, 2015
That is what happened on my screen, definite lag. I'm sorry for the trouble I caused in that case :( @Big-Kid-Daddy

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
No worries I suspected lag as the other times we was close I saw you jump about on screen and disappear.