PS3 - Season 9 - GP2 Thursday - R14: Singapore GP - 05/03/2015 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 - Season 9 - GP2 Thursday - R14: Singapore GP - 05/03/2015

• The AOR AWARDS 2018 are here! Vote to be in with a chance to win a copy of F12018

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
3 words to sum up that race: WHAT. THE. ****.
Qualifying: 7th 1:44.747
managed to only set a banker lap, just couldnt stay out of the walls, and it cost me as i think i was only 2 tenths away from being 5th

Race: 10th, DNF L15
the ghost car completely threw me off into the 1st corner, i went wide to avoid everyone and then someone stuck me in the wall on the exit of T3. was behind pete and couldnt get around him for the life of me but thanks to my teammate putting in the wall he swerved and i jumped at the opportunity. broke my wing on L8 and thankfully the safety car was called out as i only lost 2 positions, no idea where i was as i havent watched my footage back yet. jumped the car infront of me on the restart and found myself behind @Big-Kid-Daddy. got extremely frustrated behind him as i was a hell of a lot quicker but got a **** poor exit leading on to the large DRS straight. he made a mistake around the Singapore Sling and i said **** it and went up the inside of the hairpin trying to get clean air. we ended up going side by side towards the S2 split and i tried to dive back to the inside line. im not completely sure i hit him, but i thought i had so i tried to pull over and wait for him which resulted in me collecting @Prehn. on that note, not to sound like a dick, but why was he racing with us? i was so confused as to why he was there cause he's in Thursday F1. anyway i waited for him, got stuck behind for a bit as i was on options and eventually went for a YOLO divebomb into the start of the S2, screwed up my tires locking up and went to pit. to make my race a little better i got held in the pits and completely lost my mind. ended up losing my wing going under the grandstands and at that point i had had more than enough for one race and retired. really pissed off that i stuck it in the wall on L8 to put me behind prime runners in the second stint as i would have been well up the road. lost a ton of ground to my championship rivals and i sure as hell wont be catching them next week. so in summary:
Yep You hit me alright quite hard which nearly put me in the wall as I knew you was taking inside so I moved towards the wall to give as space but got an extra helping hand. You defo carried just a touch to much speed which gave me not a clip but heavy impact.

How you and Prehn came together not sure as Prehn was way ahead of us as you carried on after our sector 2 and on the next corner or so You both was off.

Glad I defended though and frustration crept in as it got me another place.

Btw you was a little quicker. Not much quicker. Plus you was extending cutting quite a bit on corners that you can.Not having a go.Just saying what I saw. Dont think it's purposely done. Overdriving the limit now n again.
It happens.

Last edited:

Bcolt93

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Oct 24, 2014
Yep You hit me alright quite hard which nearly put me in the wall as I knew you was taking inside so I moved towards the wall to give as space but got an extra helping hand. You defo carried just a touch to much speed which gave me not a clip but heavy impact.

How you and Prehn came together not sure as Prehn was way ahead of us as you carried on after our sector 2 and on the next corner or so You both was off.

Glad I defended though and frustration crept in as it got me another place.

Btw you was a little quicker. Not much quicker. Plus you was extending quite a bit.Not having a go.Just saying what I saw.
sorry about that man. i was struggling with the dirty air to be honest which caused a lot of frustration as i was all over the place and got really close to you a few times. the main problem was i screwed up the breaking into the hairpin cause i was worried about hitting you into there since its tight but i didnt have the patience to wait any longer. i was expecting to clear you but when you were still there on the exit i had no idea what to do and staying behind in my mind wasnt an option since i felt i still had the pace to catch the people ahead. i tried the switch back and fucked up the breaking so i apologize for hitting you. i was trying to wait for you when i had contact with Prehn, on my screen he was always behind us as he was at the back of the queue after the safety car. not my intention to take you out, i just made a stupid move out of desperation trying to take advantage of my options and catch the people ahead

also you drove really well defensively, the only chance i ever had to get around you was your mistake at the Singapore sling and you always got a good exit onto the DRS straight which just made me more frustrated

edit: i'll post my view of the first few corners in a bit

Big-Kid-Daddy

Jan 14, 2014
Thanks for apology really no harm done in the end to me and luckily hit wall without damaging car, it's a tough track for passing .shame that you had incident next corner out of waiting .

Yeah that dirty air can disrupt the cornering .

Bcolt93

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Oct 24, 2014
Thanks for apology really no harm done in the end to me and luckily hit wall without damaging car, it's a tough track for passing .shame that you had incident next corner out of waiting .
hopefully we can have some good battles the rest of the season as we're really close in the championship

joeforsf1

Pro Karter
Aug 31, 2014
- qualy : ok, combined of the two attempts would've been 44 low/mid and a pb.
- stint 1: p5 at sc. pitted as most.
- opts: looked race director, front and trailing cars were on primes. had better traction than sultan into finish straight, and got by. later that lap past neil. got stuck behind on Don opts v his primes laps 13-17, which was too long to have any business on podium. got by on lap 18, but no tyres to break away much, pitted p2 or so, lap 20 with don -1.
- finishing primes: opts finishers started to line up behind me. don took me first lap out. damn throttle finger died again, lap 24, i had to guess if i'm pushing the button. i'm thinking duck tape or rubber thimble to fix the amputation. sultan got by lap 27, prehn closed in and by lap 30. fronts gave early from defending too hard, i wobbled off traction at most exits and wasn't able to be accurate in. bigdaddy was allover me but then came the finish line.

about time Don got lucky, go m8 go. some overtakes end of drs#1 didn't actually hold between the lines. but since i got away with it in spa, and would'nt make a difference anyway. frontrunner came to a sudden halt twice, resulting in a rear end collision, both with penalty. at least one of those is should be get removed.

- joe

Big-Kid-Daddy

Jan 14, 2014
- qualy : ok, combined of the two attempts would've been 44 low/mid and a pb.
- stint 1: p5 at sc. pitted as most.
- opts: looked race director, front and trailing cars were on primes. had better traction than sultan into finish straight, and got by. later that lap past neil. got stuck behind on Don opts v his primes laps 13-17, which was too long to have any business on podium. got by on lap 18, but no tyres to break away much, pitted p2 or so, lap 20 with don -1.
- finishing primes: opts finishers started to line up behind me. don took me first lap out. damn throttle finger died again, lap 24, i had to guess if i'm pushing the button. i'm thinking duck tape or rubber thimble to fix the amputation. sultan got by lap 27, prehn closed in and by lap 30. fronts gave early from defending too hard, i wobbled off traction at most exits and wasn't able to be accurate in. bigdaddy was allover me but then came the finish line.

about time Don got lucky, go m8 go. some overtakes end of drs#1 didn't actually hold between the lines. but since i got away with it in spa, and would'nt make a difference anyway. frontrunner came to a sudden halt twice, resulting in a rear end collision, both with penalty. at least one of those is should be get removed.

- joe
Lol you did well to keep me behind on that last lap . Had one chance for optimal braking cornering before the straight but I messed it up for good drs to slipstream you.

robnoxious9000

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 10, 2014
Q.4th
R.1st
really didnt expect to do very well, got a good launch and took advantage of the confusion at the start passed someone (mojo I think) at the start up into 2nd, was pretty rubbish for the first few laps, sure I was holding up mojo, but kept him behind until the SC came out. Was a lap away from pitting so stopped for more opts. Was suprised to see don had pit for primes, thought he would want to build a gap again. I got a great exit at the restart and tom the lead at t1. Built a small gap by 2nd stop for primes, which don started to whittle away at. I knew it was going to be close at the end, i think my tyres held out in the end to finish 2 secs ahead. A fun race really wasn't expecting it to be.....

Bcolt93

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Oct 24, 2014
well here it is, my attempted recording for this race. i apologize for the horrible video quality and driving, as you will clearly see i did not get into any rhythm at any point in this race. if the video is shaky its cause my phone was sitting on its side on one of my textbooks

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q: 2nd (1st since Prehn's time doesn't count) - Bottled quali horribly. Was expecting to be in the high 42's as I had done an absolutely perfect 42.6 earlier.

R: 2nd

Really annoyed at that. I was running away with it until the safety car came and ruined everything. I then foolishly decided to put the primes on. @robnoxious9000 mugged me after the restart since he was on options and pulled away massively. I spent the majority of the stint trying to hold up @joeforsf1 who was also on options. He eventually passed me. The primes were absolutely shocking to drive with. I was relieved to get them out the way. Due to the safety car, I had no idea how long the options would last but I had to put them on for the final stint since I knew Rob was going onto the primes. I closed down an 11 odd second gap but my tyres died when I had finally caught him. I was driving on ice for the final 2 laps.

Congrats to Rob on his third win of the season. I still feel robbed by that stupid safety car though. A win would have put me 5 points behind @Desimpele but ah well. Early indications suggest that Suzuka is a wheel track so I'm expecting to get slaughtered like at Silverstone.

Bcolt93

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Oct 24, 2014
Q: 2nd (1st since Prehn's time doesn't count) - Bottled quali horribly. Was expecting to be in the high 42's as I had done an absolutely perfect 42.6 earlier.
so does this mean i finish 9th instead of 10th? if so i will gladly take the extra point

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
so does this mean i finish 9th instead of 10th? if so i will gladly take the extra point
Yeah. I invited @Prehn to the lobby since F1 had their race postponed.

Elite_sultan

Ex Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 13, 2014
Completely changing the subject but I found this vid, it's for you young uns that never got to experience this(turn the volume up) absolutely brilliant noise a proper f1 car the good old v12 honda maclaren.

McLaren Honda MP4/6 (1991) @ Twin Ring Motegi , 9 September 2013:

kieron

GP2 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2014
Completely changing the subject but I found this vid, it's for you young uns that never got to experience this(turn the volume up) absolutely brilliant noise a proper f1 car the good old v12 honda maclaren.

McLaren Honda MP4/6 (1991) @ Twin Ring Motegi , 9 September 2013:
And now listen to the crap noise we have in these modern F1 Cars haha

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
How did you destroy your vehicle @Electika? And @L4p1k, was your DSQ something to do with the safety car?

L4p1k

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 10, 2015
How did you destroy your vehicle @Electika? And @L4p1k, was your DSQ something to do with the safety car?
yes, it stopped ahead of me, i couldn't react and drove trought it, after what system disqualified me
PS: you can remove me from the league, my controller doesn't recharge, I can play only when controller is wired, but if it's wired, i can't play f1, it keeps disconecting the controller during the race.

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
yes, it stopped ahead of me, i couldn't react and drove trought it, after what system disqualified me
PS: you can remove me from the league, my controller doesn't recharge, I can play only when controller is wired, but if it's wired, i can't play f1, it keeps disconecting the controller during the race.
Ah. Understood. I've had the same issue with an old pad and I know how annoying it can be. I'm guessing the thought of buying a new PS3 pad isn't very appealing considering PS4's out.

L4p1k

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 10, 2015
Ah. Understood. I've had the same issue with an old pad and I know how annoying it can be. I'm guessing the thought of buying a new PS3 pad isn't very appealing considering PS4's out.
I'm getting busy anyways during summer with work and after that university