PS3 - Season 9 - GP2 Thursday - R6: Monaco GP - 18/12/2014 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 - Season 9 - GP2 Thursday - R6: Monaco GP - 18/12/2014

nicknoname777

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 23, 2014
Okay, just done some oractice with @DON SILVA and now i have a online pb. A 1:14.0xx with a theoretical pb of a 13.7/13.8. Looking forward to it!

DON SILVA

Super Mod & PS4 F1 League Runner
Staff Member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I've almost learnt how to keep it out of the barriers for a lap. Now to learn how to do it 39 times in a row.

pete day

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Just hope this race it is nt like the last race as some people fort it was derby day and cut corners
One good thing about here u can't cut corners

DON SILVA

Staff Member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
@The Real Moaner has updated the championship standings so it now also includes the points that us F3 drivers accumulated in the 3 races we managed to run.

The Real Moaner

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 14, 2014
Don't know about anyone else, but I can't do 6 laps before my rear tyres completely give up traction wise and make the car unsteerable. Will try to drive, but obviously if that keeps happening I may have to retire to avoid being a danger on the track!!!

msvance23

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 26, 2014
This race is going to be a last man standing affair I think, my concentration span is not up to this track

DON SILVA

Staff Member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I don't see anything but a frustrating race happening to be honest. I can't qualify to save my life on this game and overtaking around here is virtually impossible. Just gonna have to hope that others break more front wings than I do.

DON SILVA

Staff Member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
@LochKan, will you be able to race tonight?

Lotus, Ferrari and Sauber are the cars available for you this race.

robnoxious9000

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 10, 2014
havent managed to get on all week, hoping to get on an hour before to blow out the cobwebs..... at least its not gonna rain.....

The Real Moaner

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 14, 2014
So I hit the illusionary post after the chicane on the first lap and the game retired me.

A tad frustrating.

DON SILVA

Staff Member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I'm just not going to say anything other than this. I apologise for retiring but if any of you broke your front wing three times (including twice in two laps at the same ****ing corner), you'd have considered it. I'm never league racing around that horrid track again.

msvance23

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 26, 2014
That was a dull race for me, nobody was going to catch nick, so I just made over a 10 second gap to 3rd to account for my time penalty, and sat in 2nd all race!

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
Q: 2nd, on my first out lap, when I was at the chicane, Mojo just went straight over the chicane at full speed (like literally just keep going straight forward at full throttle) and hit me, I was stunned and shocked for a couple of minutes so my focus wasn't really there. I got in a banker lap and it was ok, but it wasn't that good, to my surprise I was 2nd for a long time with that. Then on my last lap I managed to get 7 tenths off my lap by the time I had ended sector 2 but I outbraked myself a little and when I passed that chicane I was thinking to myself; "did you just cut that chicane or not?" anyway, I decided to retire the lap, even tho it would have made me faster (1:15 low) but not fast enough for p1, and I didn't want to get a quali penalty so.

R: 4th. The launch itself was great, I got going really well and got a bit alongside nicknoname, I left room on the inside of turn 1 and by the time I had turned around the corner, there were 2 cars ahead of me, anyway, then on the hill I don't know who it was but I got hit in that left corner there... Joefors got by and then I was in 4th. then for the entire first stint I was behind joefors, he was all over my screen, he was sliding across the track at certain parts, but also lag played there. anyway, I decided to pit a bit early to cover them, altho my front wing was broken and I got a penalty for corner cutting in that first stint cuz I was frustrated of that turn on top of the hill in lap 1. Once, I think joefors, got out of the pits, I was overtaking him on the straight uphill on the right side, following the barriers closely, leaving him place at the left side, but he hit me a couple of times there, not sure how he thinks about this, I don't really mind since I got in front as I was supposed to since I had a lot of overspeed. other than that, we can skip a lot of laps untill in the last sting I got behind mojo, got a couple of opportunities to get passed him, but he defended them and couldn't do it, even lost me time as Rob got close and decided to let him through after the chicane, he might have gotten passed me anyway with his overspeed, dunno... As I thought me and Rob were faster than Mojo I didn't really fight Rob, also becuz I had that 10s penalty and thought I could get a 10s gap on Mojo if I managed to cleanly overtake him, anyway, I didn't fight rob so he could overtake Mojo and in the last couple of laps he did, and I followed him a little after, Mojo's tyres were also gone by this time. Then it was just "cruising" towards the finish line

A bit frustrating, as I had the pace to be on the podium in this race, but things in the race decided different. Also, it didnt' help that I hadn't played since Sunday. Anyway, I'm happy for Rob he took that 3rd place as it was a tough battle with Mojo and I can be happy actually with my 4th in the end. Also congratz to Nick & Msvance!

DON SILVA

Staff Member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q: 2nd, on my first out lap, when I was at the chicane, Mojo just went straight over the chicane at full speed (like literally just keep going straight forward at full throttle) and hit me, I was stunned and shocked for a couple of minutes so my focus wasn't really there. I got in a banker lap and it was ok, but it wasn't that good, to my surprise I was 2nd for a long time with that. Then on my last lap I managed to get 7 tenths off my lap by the time I had ended sector 2 but I outbraked myself a little and when I passed that chicane I was thinking to myself; "did you just cut that chicane or not?" anyway, I decided to retire the lap, even tho it would have made me faster (1:15 low) but not fast enough for p1, and I didn't want to get a quali penalty so.

R: 4th. The launch itself was great, I got going really well and got a bit alongside nicknoname, I left room on the inside of turn 1 and by the time I had turned around the corner, there were 2 cars ahead of me, anyway, then on the hill I don't know who it was but I got hit in that left corner there... Joefors got by and then I was in 4th. then for the entire first stint I was behind joefors, he was all over my screen, he was sliding across the track at certain parts, but also lag played there. anyway, I decided to pit a bit early to cover them, altho my front wing was broken and I got a penalty for corner cutting in that first stint cuz I was frustrated of that turn on top of the hill in lap 1. Once, I think joefors, got out of the pits, I was overtaking him on the straight uphill on the right side, following the barriers closely, leaving him place at the left side, but he hit me a couple of times there, not sure how he thinks about this, I don't really mind since I got in front as I was supposed to since I had a lot of overspeed. other than that, we can skip a lot of laps untill in the last sting I got behind mojo, got a couple of opportunities to get passed him, but he defended them and couldn't do it, even lost me time as Rob got close and decided to let him through after the chicane, he might have gotten passed me anyway with his overspeed, dunno... As I thought me and Rob were faster than Mojo I didn't really fight Rob, also becuz I had that 10s penalty and thought I could get a 10s gap on Mojo if I managed to cleanly overtake him, anyway, I didn't fight rob so he could overtake Mojo and in the last couple of laps he did, and I followed him a little after, Mojo's tyres were also gone by this time. Then it was just "cruising" towards the finish line

A bit frustrating, as I had the pace to be on the podium in this race, but things in the race decided different. Also, it didnt' help that I hadn't played since Sunday. Anyway, I'm happy for Rob he took that 3rd place as it was a tough battle with Mojo and I can be happy actually with my 4th in the end. Also congratz to Nick & Msvance!
It was me that hit you on lap 1. I took a very bad line into that corner and contact was simply inevitable. Sorry about that. Also, sorry to Rob for the contact at the penultimate corner. I think I was just a hazard this race.

Also, congrats Nick. I do plan on beating you some day.

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
ah ok Don Silva, don't worry about it, it was just a bit frustrating... We were all going a long way around the corner and I already thought afterwards the guy there didn't have any place to go on the inside, but it's not like I was expecting a car to be there, just got tagged a little at the back but it was enough hehe. but no problem :) thanks for telling though, nice to be honest.

joeforsf1

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 31, 2014
had a good car, worth at least 15 low. qualied p6 only, for reasons stated in the prev race report.

climbed to p3 over first stint, was vance -8 when he pitted. thought if i'd one stop as suggested by the game, i could challenge him in the end. fronts gave out though, so i decided to pit. would've been a great race, first one i had properly practiced for, 5 test races. that all ended at pit exit lap 13 in turns t3-t4, as the belgian tried to get past me from the outside, apparently thinking i'm a computer car that he can displace to get into t4 first. just like in catalunya round t3, he hits me multiple times on the right side, making my car unstable and slowing me down. you have to be half the car alongside, which he wasn't, couldn't see him from my headpod. he quite simply had no business there and was responsible for causing things to evolve into a contact.

spun, race over. good thing about the second time you get screwed, you get too numb to care. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
just one thing; my car was fully next to you or even ahead, but I wanted to discuss this furter by chat but you were gone then.

joeforsf1

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 31, 2014
right...

read your report. i got by you on your own t1 understeer, lock and off, was 2 car lengths behind at the time.

rub it in :blackeye:

*disgusted*

Last edited: