PS3 Sunday F1 S9 : Round 18 - Brazilian Grand Prix (05/04 8.00PM) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 Sunday F1 S9 : Round 18 - Brazilian Grand Prix (05/04 8.00PM)

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

William

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 29, 2014
If there is going to be another season before F1 2015 releases we should change to a game like F1 2012 or F1 2013 that we all will be happy to drive on and we can at least get away from this horrible lag and have some good racing!

Last edited:

Luke

Pro Karter
Feb 9, 2015
You guys are idiots.

Q: 12th only 0.014 behind c_larkey.

R: DNF

Turn 1 I get caught behind larkey and we both spin. I get back on track. A few turns later FCR_Kieron takes me out and I lose my wing. Then I crash into pit wall.

Also JIM-Kieran don't send me messages during qualifying and race sessions. It lags my game when I'm online thankyou.

I also agree with Jacko. Get rid of the idiotic guest drivers
[DOUBLEPOST=1428263533][/DOUBLEPOST]Qualifying was dodgy too. But I won't go into that
I had no contact in the first corner mate plus it wasn't me that spun it was someone else I had a few knocks here and there but I never spun out the whole race I seen a few people spinning but not me and I had no contact that spun anyone
You guys are idiots.

Q: 12th only 0.014 behind c_larkey.

R: DNF

Turn 1 I get caught behind larkey and we both spin. I get back on track. A few turns later FCR_Kieron takes me out and I lose my wing. Then I crash into pit wall.

Also JIM-Kieran don't send me messages during qualifying and race sessions. It lags my game when I'm online thankyou.

I also agree with Jacko. Get rid of the idiotic guest drivers
[DOUBLEPOST=1428263533][/DOUBLEPOST]Qualifying was dodgy too. But I won't go into that
[DOUBLEPOST=1428275020][/DOUBLEPOST]Think people need to chill it's a game that your taking to much to heart. Stop getting so angry!! if you wanna argue over things between yourself then do it over private message this is a race thread not a slagging match I'm new to the league and it looks bad seeing this where we are supposed to put how our race went not pointing the finger at people if there's that much of a problem put it forward to the Management of the league let them look in to it.

This is my opinion not directed at anyone.

• Agree
Reactions: William

CianG-4

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 23, 2014
Qualifying: 5th
My time was 3 tenths off my best and I would've taken it before hand. However I was annoyed because I ran wide after the fast right hander and locked up big time under braking in that lap. I lost time there but happy.

Race: 2nd
I had a GOOD LAUNCH! Amazing I know. I was P3 by T1. I was tapped and then obliterated down to last, P14. My options were fried despite my careful rejoin so I pitted L2 for primes under the safety car. Looking back I maybe should've pitted next lap again for new options but I pitted L8 for options to get out of the traffic which I was getting held up in and into the fresh air on new quicker options. I just kept consistent, overtook a few people, jumped a few more, more failed to finish. L22 I pitted for new options and came out 5th just behind pepper and BadBoy. I was confident of my chances of 2nd. Another SC arrived and I gained a position from pepper who pitted. A weird glitch saw me take a position from BadBoy before the restart. My last stint pace was average. Raffa pulled away, and Nervo caught and passed. I started to make mistakes and got scruffy but remained within the required amount of time to NervoTank and took his position due to a penalty. Delighted to take my first AOR podium here with a P2. Congratulations to RAF1FA on the win, great pace today.

BKXI

F1 Test Driver
Oct 16, 2014
I apologise to all I called an idiot or swore to. It was 5am and I was tired asf. I have slept now and I can admit that I acted inappropriately.

Also to those who wonder why Jacko, Rafa and I come here to race it's simple really. This is one of the best F1 leagues out there and we came to race some of the best in the world.
[DOUBLEPOST=1428280383][/DOUBLEPOST]
I had no contact in the first corner mate plus it wasn't me that spun it was someone else I had a few knocks here and there but I never spun out the whole race I seen a few people spinning but not me and I had no contact that spun anyone

[DOUBLEPOST=1428275020][/DOUBLEPOST]Think people need to chill it's a game that your taking to much to heart. Stop getting so angry!! if you wanna argue over things between yourself then do it over private message this is a race thread not a slagging match I'm new to the league and it looks bad seeing this where we are supposed to put how our race went not pointing the finger at people if there's that much of a problem put it forward to the Management of the league let them look in to it.

This is my opinion not directed at anyone.
Yeah, on my screen your car slowed down and then I recieved a penalty

kieron

GP2 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2014
I apologise to all I called an idiot or swore to. It was 5am and I was tired asf. I have slept now and I can admit that I acted inappropriately.

Also to those who wonder why Jacko, Rafa and I come here to race it's simple really. This is one of the best F1 leagues out there and we came to race some of the best in the world.
[DOUBLEPOST=1428280383][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yeah, on my screen your car slowed down and then I recieved a penalty
I apologise to... Jacko and raffa also are definitely good drivers, raffa specially. But no aor isn't the best, formula Europe run mostly by jake and coddie is much better and more competitive. ;) also I've watched your video the time of our crash I was about 2/3 seconds down the road behind you.. Lol

Reactions: Kieran470 and BKXI

pepper_F1

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jul 20, 2014
Well, lots of rage going on, and I just want to point out it was my best race this season!

Qualy: 14th (dsc and then I entered the lobby with qualy already on the way)

Race: 4th!!

Comments: After watching the qualy results, I wasnt very confident. Once again, I had a brilliant start, from 14th to 11th before the 1st corner, stick in the inside, gain 2 more places. Then SC out in Lap 2, I'm feeling a bit more confident. Then Sadly kieron's and keiran's connection fails, so that's me up to 6th. Go all the way until lap 17 with the options which I started the race on, put on the primes to go the end, I knew bad bay was also in that strategy, so I pushed until he pits, but the primes are much worse, and I came in front but he overtook me in no time. SC out in lap 24, perfect timing, pit to fit the options, and then giving my best to overtake everyone I could, finished in an ashtonishing 4th!
[DOUBLEPOST=1428316868][/DOUBLEPOST]
If there is going to be another season before F1 2015 releases we should change to a game like F1 2012 that we all will be happy to drive on and we can at least get away from this horrible lag and have some good racing!
F1 2013 would be good

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
To answer a couple of questions, I very much doubt that there will be another season on this game and the maximum ping required to sign up for next season will be reduced (an announcement was already made a few weeks ago). With that measure being taken, we shouldn't see a repeat of the lag you've endured this season.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Its about time to throw the ps3 into the garbage can with f1 2013 and f1 2014 with it...time for next gen games like pcars and hopefully finally another good f1 codies game but i really doubt that....

• Agree
Reactions: DON SILVA

Bad-Boy-1-9-9-1

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Nov 13, 2014
My highlights! I forgot to post them here when I uploaded so my loyal subs got first views :D I hope you enjoy.
Lol i lag? Oo i am suprised. Because on my screen rafifa lag so much and I didn't want to overtake him in the safety car period :D

CianG-4

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 23, 2014
Lol i lag? Oo i am suprised. Because on my screen rafifa lag so much and I didn't want to overtake him in the safety car period :D
That was strange wasn't it! Annoying for you I'd say. You've now overtaken and have been overtaken under the safety car.

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Have you guys calmed down now, or do I need to give someone a break from the site?

We all know this league has lag problems (personally I've known it since you all finally brought it to our attention properly a few races ago), but there's nothing anyone can do about that now. As mentioned here, we will not be forcing anyone to leave the league at this late stage of the season (especially now with only one race to go), so you'll have to get through the final race and just make the best of the situation. However for next season we will be properly enforcing the rule of a maximum ping limit (when connecting to an English server) which should eliminate the most troublesome connections. It'll be a shame for those who get affected by that, but it's necessary based on what we've seen this season.
And this also is a reply on Nervo's post.
Again naggin about the lag. No doubt it would rear it's ugly head again.
But it's not only the lag. Stated this before: In a league where you have drivers using drivinglines together with those who drive without assists,
the chance of having accidents is way bigger than in a REAL TIER 1. Focus and "drivinglines" are different and since this "game" is all about split seconds, in a way, they just don't mix. Also the use of the different views have a part in this. I drive without assists and use the cockpit cam.
For those who use any assists and the "van"view, just try that and compare this with all you're used to drive with. Just to let you experience the difference.
Yes! At the beginning of this season we had to "merge" some tiers to have full grids. We also knew some of us wouldn't be too happy with that.
Some left but most of you stayed and we've got some great ones back instead. :cool: If we had the "normal" tier system i think a lot of accidents, crashes, DNF and some rage quitting wouldn't appear.
Looking at the above and the differences in age and values, i think this "tier" this season, is something to be proud of.
Every argument or nagging has bin sorted out and we just moved on to the next race. Thumbs up.!!
Lets have a drink after Abu Dhabi and see who's best. ;)

Luke

Pro Karter
Feb 9, 2015
And this also is a reply on Nervo's post.
Again naggin about the lag. No doubt it would rear it's ugly head again.
But it's not only the lag. Stated this before: In a league where you have drivers using drivinglines together with those who drive without assists,
the chance of having accidents is way bigger than in a REAL TIER 1. Focus and "drivinglines" are different and since this "game" is all about split seconds, in a way, they just don't mix. Also the use of the different views have a part in this. I drive without assists and use the cockpit cam.
For those who use any assists and the "van"view, just try that and compare this with all you're used to drive with. Just to let you experience the difference.
Yes! At the beginning of this season we had to "merge" some tiers to have full grids. We also knew some of us wouldn't be too happy with that.
Some left but most of you stayed and we've got some great ones back instead. :cool: If we had the "normal" tier system i think a lot of accidents, crashes, DNF and some rage quitting wouldn't appear.
Looking at the above and the differences in age and values, i think this "tier" this season, is something to be proud of.
Every argument or nagging has bin sorted out and we just moved on to the next race. Thumbs up.!!
Lets have a drink after Abu Dhabi and see who's best. ;)
I also use non assists and race in cockpit view have done for a long time best way to drive the game

RAF1FA

Pro Karter
Nov 12, 2014
I use no assists and for league races i use T-cam simply for avoiding incidents, i am very much capable of driving cockpit view and keep the same pace i get when i use t-cam since thats what ive used from f12010 up till f12014 (2014 being when i started league racing) but i like to assure that i dont get in collisions of any sort in leagues

kieron

GP2 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2014
T-CAM, no assists. I don't see why people use line anyway is more inconsistent and so distracting.. Surely if people been playing since 2010 u can use no line by now, it's so rocket science. A real driver doesn't brake on a red and green line, also the line is done by Codemasters.. They're incapable of making an f1 game let alone know where to brake for all the corners..