PS3 Sunday F1 S9 : Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix (7/12 8.00PM) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 Sunday F1 S9 : Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix (7/12 8.00PM)

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

James Thorpe

F1 Triple Champion
Jan 19, 2014
Q: 5th with a 1.22.5 WOW I never excepted to get below a 1.23.5 as that was my PB!

R: Well lets just say that lag played a big role in my race. After pulling out at T1 after almost getting squeezed between Nick and Jacko down the straight. Somehow whilst going side by side with Nick through the S2 on lap 1 he spun out ahead of me without any contact, and that was just the biginning of teh madness.

A few laps later I started dropping back from the top 4 and Wingsmann was catching me. SO again in S2 I got massive oversteer and he went passed before stopping on the exit of an high speed corner sending my flying into the barriers, luckily not loosing my wing.

Spent most of my laps recovering from it, but when you are learning the track as you go is rather hard. Decided that I was loosing to much time on dead tyres so pitted for a 3 stopper OPOO strategy. It made my pace better but at a massive cost. When pitting for the 2nd time I was caught behind Coddie in the lead and he seemed to hold me up massively, but when he was going that slow I was sure that it was lag causing it. Had the same problem with Jacko after my last stop. He kept stopping in S3 making me slow down to nothing. Acting as a live roadblock.
And at the end Rebecca seemed to loose it and I came round the corner smashing into the back of her, as I had no time to react. So had to do the last 1,5 laps with no Wing and a 10s penalty. :(

Well, well hope it goes much better next week at MONACO!!! Cannot wait for it as I love that track when I get it right.
Congrats on the Win Coddie! And Phil for going one better than me this time out!

Racey-Rebecca

Formula Karter
Oct 29, 2014
2 seconds off the pace, lost the will to even try by the end. Way out of my depth in this league

Coddiehard

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 25, 2014
I don't know whether that was lag or not coddie, but I'm going to investigate it with the stewards. Had either one of our incidents not occurred, especially the latter, I feel I could have won. Could you tell me what you saw please?

Hit the gravel, did go to the left you did go to the right on my screen, and then suddenly you were behind me again

Last edited:

James Thorpe

F1 Triple Champion
Jan 19, 2014
2 seconds off the pace, lost the will to even try by the end. Way out of my depth in this league
Don't feel so down about it Rebecca. Things wont always go your way. We are racing, and when you race, you must never give up, otherwise you have already admitted defeat. And defeat can be repeated!

I have never had a DNF in a league race so far, no matter how bad it went!!! Even though I would admit that I was starting to considering it after hitting you ;)

William

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 29, 2014
Q: 5th with a 1.22.5 WOW I never excepted to get below a 1.23.5 as that was my PB!

R: Well lets just say that lag played a big role in my race. After pulling out at T1 after almost getting squeezed between Nick and Jacko down the straight. Somehow whilst going side by side with Nick through the S2 on lap 1 he spun out ahead of me without any contact, and that was just the biginning of teh madness.

A few laps later I started dropping back from the top 4 and Wingsmann was catching me. SO again in S2 I got massive oversteer and he went passed before stopping on the exit of an high speed corner sending my flying into the barriers, luckily not loosing my wing.

Spent most of my laps recovering from it, but when you are learning the track as you go is rather hard. Decided that I was loosing to much time on dead tyres so pitted for a 3 stopper OPOO strategy. It made my pace better but at a massive cost. When pitting for the 2nd time I was caught behind Coddie in the lead and he seemed to hold me up massively, but when he was going that slow I was sure that it was lag causing it. Had the same problem with Jacko after my last stop. He kept stopping in S3 making me slow down to nothing. Acting as a live roadblock.
And at the end Rebecca seemed to loose it and I came round the corner smashing into the back of her, as I had no time to react. So had to do the last 1,5 laps with no Wing and a 10s penalty. :(

Well, well hope it goes much better next week at MONACO!!! Cannot wait for it as I love that track when I get it right.
Congrats on the Win Coddie! And Phil for going one better than me this time out!
Sorry about that incident! What happend was that i was on the inside of you going into the fast righthander and I carried a bit too much speed going into it and I had to break to avoid going of.

Kieran470

F1 Reserve Driver
Apr 14, 2014
Well after starting last I think 4th is a nice result.

Was 5th after the first lap after several mistakes from certain drivers and then had to focus on not getting bored for the rest of the race until the final stint when I had to pass supernova who I got when he made a mistake in the final chicane, overall really pleased with 4th and well done to my teammate on getting his second win in a row.

CianG-4

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 23, 2014
They all look lag related as they only affect your car. You have a lot of experience with that. Even if the last lap one wasnt anything to do with lag coddie did nothing wrong he simply defended the inside.

CianG-4

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 23, 2014
Looks like you had a good race guys. I'm bitterly disappointed to have missed it. Fair play to coddie on the win and to Jacko for second. Very well done to fellow Irishman VTi on being the only wheel on the podium.

Reactions: VTi-DOHC

VTi-DOHC

1-time AOR PS3 F1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Qualifying: 1st
I had previously set a 1:21.2 in practice but the 21:4 was enough for pole.

Race: 3rd
Made a good wheel getaway and was surprised to have only lost one place before turn 1. Gave it my all but once the tires start to degrade the wheel users just cant hang on to the pad users. Particularly off the final corner. It was good fun to challenge for the lead but I had burned a lot of fuel trying to pass coddie. Come lap 17 I decided to let Jacko have a go at Coddie but unfortunately he didnt pick his pace up so the race was lost there and then. Video to follow.

Reactions: Nico and CianG-4

IKAROS_Nick

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 24, 2014
Q: 3 only did an hour workout here so good result
R: 6 once again to fly out in an easy shift and I ruined the race thus not become fighting some should be more careful some people think that this is wrong f1 must respect your opponent

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Q:10th
R:8th Knew it wouldn't be top 5. Again. I'm getting there but the setups still don't match the laptimes of the you guys in front.
Must say there was more action in it. Top 5 couldn't catch me that fast as they did last races.
Drove a spotless race and on the black for 99% of the laps. So yeah; satisfied to see my pace is gettin better and finishing in front
of my teamM8. ;)
Any lag issues?? Only seen a bit when couple of cars were close. Other than that there wasn't any on my screen!!
Up tp Monaco. Think i'm gonna drive this one backwards to save my Fwing(s).

We've lost Bigoxs due to a 3x no-show.
Luckely we have Bad-Boy to replace him.
So; still 15 on the grid.!!

• Useful
Reactions: James Thorpe