PS3 Sunday F1 S9 : Round 8 - Austrian Grand Prix (11/01 8.00PM) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 Sunday F1 S9 : Round 8 - Austrian Grand Prix (11/01 8.00PM)

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

NervoTank

Reigning AOR PS3 Sunday F1 Champion
Sep 9, 2014
Q;10
R: 7th. Srry bout that bump at 1st turn,teamM8. Wanted to get you into first but you forgot to turn right. ;)
At the same time i got spun from behind and made me last after turn 1.
Bit of a lonely race but enjoyed the pace. Pitty i decided to drive with 2-3 wings at the very last moment. Made me slower.
Didn't expect to finish 7th so i'm ver happy with that.
Congrats on the win again Nervo. I know you wanted to lap me again, but my tires were better.LOL
Anyone with Q and R results? Incl. penalties.!!??

Hahahaha be sure that I wanted! I couldn't get near you, my tires already went off lol

EDIT: Cian already posted the photos, pretty fast..

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Hahahaha be sure that I wanted! I couldn't get near you, my tires already went off lol

EDIT: Cian already posted the photos, pretty fast..
LOL i looked back after every apex and saw you struggle.
Thx for the results guys.!!

CianG-4

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 23, 2014
Qualy - 3rd
7.6 flat. PB was a 7.3 flat so happy. Nice to be top 3, my joint best position, as Australia seems a long time ago. It put me in a great position for the race. I felt a podium was there for the taking.

Race - 9th
Decided to go for prime-option-option. Got owned off the line once again by coddie! I was in P4 trying to take 3rd off @Kieran470 when he side-swiped me into the wall. I was very disappointed as I did feel this was an opportunity. In fairness to pgh, he took full responsibility and gave me an apology which I accept. I always appreciate that and it was an honest mistake, just unfortunately a costly mistake for me! I chose options, considering a 1-stop to the end. It didn't work so I eventually pitted for primes. So not much else happened. Cut good time off the pack but couldn't get to them a it's not easy with 9 corners a lap. Lap 23 I caught up to Wings so quickly and we had an unneccesary incident during turn 5. We were only 9th/10th but it just summed up my day! It ruined any hopes of challenging the guys head but I honestly can't remember how far they were ahead. I spent the last stint on options hunting down Philip but it just wasn't enough. 9th.

Disappointing result especially as I was a podium challenger. However, I did prove my pace to myself in qualifying which was important to me as I haven't done much since the opening rounds. It's good for my self-confidence. I'll just forget about this one and move on!

Watch my video tomorrow for a squeaky-clean 3rd place qualy lap, and two big crashes! All packed into a short 5:33 length video ;) .

CianG-4

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 23, 2014
My highlights!

Video made private. Re-upload soon.

Last edited:

CianG-4

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 23, 2014
"What a ****ing idiot" LOOOL
Yep just noticed that. The video has been made private and will be re-uploaded with changes. I usually edit those lines out. For people who've seen a lot of my videos you may notice that you lose sound for a couple of seconds after an accident. You now see why! I made a mistake in forgetting to edit it out this time. It's the kind of the you shout out in the moment. Apologies.

JIM-JakeT

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 17, 2014
Yep just noticed that. The video has been made private and will be re-uploaded with changes. I usually edit those lines out. For people who've seen a lot of my videos you may notice that you lose sound for a couple of seconds after an accident. You now see why! I made a mistake in forgetting to edit it out this time. It's the kind of the you shout out in the moment. Apologies.
I find it funny :) Tbh I think the second incident with Wingsman was a racing incident, you turned right and he turned left, putting you both in the barrier

CianG-4

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 23, 2014
I find it funny :) Tbh I think the second incident with Wingsman was a racing incident, you turned right and he turned left, putting you both in the barrier
Yeah from both views it looks like the other one was at fault and it will probably be judged as a racing incident.[DOUBLEPOST=1421170437][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm not the first one to do it.

• Agree
Reactions: JIM-JakeT

William

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 29, 2014
My higlights from this race, this time I did it with commentary. In the end the sound of the car becomes really loud wich is weird but you can still sort of hear me.

Coddiehard

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 25, 2014
My higlights from this race, this time I did it with commentary. In the end the sound of the car becomes really loud wich is weird but you can still sort of hear me.
You are so unlucky mate

Yeah from both views it looks like the other one was at fault and it will probably be judged as a racing incident.[DOUBLEPOST=1421170437][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm not the first one to do it.

Haha, I like Montoya, was that kind of driver with due or die moves. Aggressive driver :p

• Agree
Reactions: William