Moved - PS4 A1 - Corner Cut | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Moved PS4 A1 - Corner Cut

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomo8

Pro Karter
Jul 16, 2018
Platform + League: PS4 A1
League Coordinator: @Tremenator
Date: 06/04/19
Members Involved: @amd1711
Description: Not sure what the procedure is for completing an overtake by corner-cutting but the rules state the position should be given back unless the game awards you a penalty? Corner cut was into turn 4 and 5.
Evidence:
Starts at 0:18

Heres @amd1711 Race Director to save him having to link it: 1:16:03

amd1711

S17 AOR PS4 Assist League 2 Champion
Jan 23, 2014
I'll add my POV to this here, I feel like I was ahead by the time the first apex came and going into the second part of the chicane too. I did cut the second part of the chicane because I wasn't sure how close @tomo8 was behind me or if he was alongside me so I was trying to give him space if he needed it. The game did give me a track extending warning but didn't oblige me to give the place back either. @tomo8 did get past me on lap 5 cleanly again at 42:37. Evidence is attached below and my race director is attached on @tomo8's post as well which shows that this was my first track extending warning of the race.
Evidence: 40:05

Last edited:

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have reviewed the footage and believe the overtake would not have been possible without leaving the track due to the amount of speed taken through the first apex. We will be awarding a 5 second time penalty and 5 penalty points to @amd1711 for an illegal overtake.

@Tremenator @tomo8

Status
Not open for further replies.