PS4 - PS4 ACC General chat | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 PS4 ACC General chat

lappedagain

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 20, 2020
Please help. I had done 1 setup per circuit for the Bentley but when ever I go to load one sometimes it won't load properly and on start up on the formation the car steers itself and steering input is haywire. Never know when it's going to happen. I've tried restarting, pressing PS button and then going back in, going to options and then back in, refreshing database on PS4. I don't think it's the wheel because if I go back into one of the presets everything works fine. The only way at the moment that I can get a saved setup to work when it does this is to delete it and then reload all the data, driving me mad.
Basically if I load one of my own setups at the start of the race I don't know if I'm going to have control of the steering!
Have tried googling this but nobody else seems to have the problem. The setups are saving it seems to be something happening when I load them and some times they load okay other times I start and the car just veers off left or right.
Any advice help greatly appreciated. I was also wondering if I could delete and reload the whole game, I got the disc but was worried about loosing the dlc content that came as a bonus with it.

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
Please help. I had done 1 setup per circuit for the Bentley but when ever I go to load one sometimes it won't load properly and on start up on the formation the car steers itself and steering input is haywire. Never know when it's going to happen. I've tried restarting, pressing PS button and then going back in, going to options and then back in, refreshing database on PS4. I don't think it's the wheel because if I go back into one of the presets everything works fine. The only way at the moment that I can get a saved setup to work when it does this is to delete it and then reload all the data, driving me mad.
Basically if I load one of my own setups at the start of the race I don't know if I'm going to have control of the steering!
Have tried googling this but nobody else seems to have the problem. The setups are saving it seems to be something happening when I load them and some times they load okay other times I start and the car just veers off left or right.
Any advice help greatly appreciated. I was also wondering if I could delete and reload the whole game, I got the disc but was worried about loosing the dlc content that came as a bonus with it.
Cant help you on this, but you game should be uploaded to the CLOUD?? You can try a re-install?? also do a back-up just in case

Johnny M #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Anybody getting a Totally different Car setup from the one you originally saved ? Hrs of setup work lost for no apparent reason. Think this game will be shelved till it runs alot smoother.

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
I haven't experienced this and have no good answer on how to solve it. Just an obvious questions; Don't know what wheel you have but have you checked so that you have the latest firmware for the wheel? Maybe check forums for that wheel in case it's like Fanatec were there's a Beta driver/firmware that should be used for ACC.
Also, have you tested to just save new versions of the setups after the patch?
When it comes to re-installing the game you should still have all DLC content even if it's a physical copy. But this doesn't feel like a game issue so I don't think it will help but I might be wrong.

• Informative
Reactions: lappedagain

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Anybody getting a Totally different Car setup from the one you originally saved ? Hrs of setup work lost for no apparent reason. Think this game will be shelved till it runs alot smoother.
Again an obvious question but you haven't accidentaly been saving over the save? I've done this a couple of times when I meant to load a setup but then saved over it with the default one... I don't do much setup changes, mostly tyre pressures but still annoying as hell!

Reactions: Johnny M #7

Johnny M #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Again an obvious question but you haven't accidentaly been saving over the save? I've done this a couple of times when I meant to load a setup but then saved over it with the default one... I don't do much setup changes, mostly tyre pressures but still annoying as hell!
Yeah I did it once before. But I'm sure I haven't done it since. I've been taking extra care with my setup saves since I accidentally Overwritten my setup with the Default. It's easily done though. Thanks.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Indeed it is tricky...when you want to do a quick load of the setup and you are to quick and not looking, then you are actually saving the game :(

lappedagain

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 20, 2020
Thanks for the reply folks. Using a Fanatec wheel and I think firmware up to date 630 and 22. The wheel works fine with the preset setups.
I may have been saving over the save, so if say have a setup for Spa and I load that and then decide to make changes to that I've been going into that setup eg Bentley Spa and doing the changes and clicking save under the same setup "Bentley Spa"

lappedagain

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 20, 2020
I was making changes in a saved setup and then just saving these in the same setup. Now I'm saving changes to a new setup and deleting old setup, fingers crossed. Seems a long winded way to do it but hopefully works. Once again thanks for the feedback

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
I was making changes in a saved setup and then just saving these in the same setup. Now I'm saving changes to a new setup and deleting old setup, fingers crossed. Seems a long winded way to do it but hopefully works. Once again thanks for the feedback
Make sure when loading it says loading at to of screen NOT save?

• Agree

frabiond

Pro Karter
Jul 9, 2019
Hi, it's a bug.. sometimes I have the same behaviour..if you load a default setup no problems, but if you load a previous custom setup, randomly ,at starting race,my wheel does not turn adeguatelly. I use the form to report this to kunos

• Informative

Hygrade B

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 14, 2020
Have you tried another car @ the save track incase it a bug with the cars?

lappedagain

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 20, 2020
Think it might be sorted. Every time I now make a change, even a small change, I save it to a new setup name NOT the setup I'm in. In Pcars you use to get the choice " save over existing..." or "save to new....". Bit of a pain but seems to work. Then I delete old setup if new one seems better. Sometimes delete the wrong one lol.
The Nurburgring practice race was good hopefully everyone makes it on Tuesday.
Again thanks everyone for taking the time to reply, It's just one of the great things about AOR!