PS4 - PS4 ACC Hotlap Silverstone S1 #30 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 PS4 ACC Hotlap Silverstone S1 #30

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
WTF...how can you guys be so fast?
Can't get under 2:04. Must admid only did about 8 or 10 laps yesterday evening (night) at 0:45 am :p
And I have seen somewhere that Michel already spend 5 hrs on this hotlap :eek:o_O
So I have still a long way to go ;)
I started with times around 2.04 as well. Just drive the track. Focus on small sections at a time and getting that section quicker. Eventually you see the times tumbling down. I've got a few corners to get right and I'm confident with more running I'll get a 59, maybe even sneak a 58

Hygrade B

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 14, 2020
WTF...how can you guys be so fast?
Can't get under 2:04. Must admid only did about 8 or 10 laps yesterday evening (night) at 0:45 am :p
And I have seen somewhere that Michel already spend 5 hrs on this hotlap :eek:o_O
So I have still a long way to go ;)
That's what I was thinking at 1st when I was doing 2.06 then last night I hit 2.03.9 when I get reach 2.01 I will add my name to the list.
Also make sure your engine map is 1 , ,I found out I was on map 2 last night after I hit 2.03

Khaled77

F1 Reserve Driver
Jul 25, 2016
I assume you guys are starting the car manually? Cause there’s like 3 seconds there since the timer starts instantly. Starting the car needs two buttons and i don’t have enough buttons for everything lol

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
I assume you guys are starting the car manually? Cause there’s like 3 seconds there since the timer starts instantly. Starting the car needs two buttons and i don’t have enough buttons for everything lol
I'm not, do as many laps as you like

Reactions: Khaled77

BMTM_Shifter

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 24, 2019
That's what I was thinking at 1st when I was doing 2.06 then last night I hit 2.03.9 when I get reach 2.01 I will add my name to the list.
Also make sure your engine map is 1 , ,I found out I was on map 2 last night after I hit 2.03
What is this engine map? I have heard a lot about it but cannot find a good manual on all parts of the game. Does this affect the fuel supply or anything like that?

• Useful
Reactions: Hygrade B

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
What is this engine map? I have heard a lot about it but cannot find a good manual on all parts of the game. Does this affect the fuel supply or anything like that?

Hygrade B

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 14, 2020
thanks Michel. is this the guy that also was one of the developers of ACC? I subcribe to his channel.
View attachment 113641
I watch all his videos on ACC long before it came on console, I like his lay back teaching style.
Everything about the game he covers even the stupid things like the fire works sounds different @ each track.
He is one of the pc dev & test driver for the game, he used to race so he knows both sides.

If you look in the MFD below fuel if I remember right you will see map. It actually works in this game some car have as little as 3 others have as much as 8.
You need to know them all especially which one to use in rain weather

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
@Ollie_D631 unfortunately we cannot allow your time. In your photo its showing 12.00pm, the Special Event is set to 15.00hr (3.00pm) also could you include your position on the leader board. It will show bottom left hand of your screen.
Hot lap must be done in SPECIAL EVENTS.
Regards

Screenshot_20200703-220758 - Ollie_D631.png

Last edited:

BMTM_Shifter

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 24, 2019
Think this the best I can do. 2:00,603. Especially with the gear I have. T150 with T3pa pedals. To squeeze off another 3 or 4 seconds I need better material and need hours to find the best setup for me and hours of practice. I don't have the money nor the time:LOL::ROFLMAO::cool:

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Think this the best I can do. 2:00,603. Especially with the gear I have. T150 with T3pa pedals. To squeeze off another 3 or 4 seconds I need better material and need hours to find the best setup for me and hours of practice. I don't have the money nor the time:LOL::ROFLMAO::cool:
I've got the exact same equipment. If you need help with settings etc let me know.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Reactions: Tomji_

BMTM_Shifter

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 24, 2019
I've got the exact same equipment. If you need help with settings etc let me know.
I can use every help that is provided. Take into account that I am very big noob regarding setups. The only thing that I do is soften the things where there is no grip. For instance if I have understear soften the front springs or anti rol bar or put more aero on the front. I never touch dampers or that kind of things. I always look at the tire pressure and temp. But even the temp is a nightmare. Can't fiddle with the camber or toe angles to get the temp correct. You see I am a big noob. The downside of things is, I am a master in engineering and want to understand everything LOL. So if somebody says to me 'ah you need to change the camber to xxx degrees' My question will be "why and what will be the influence". So need to see a lot of Vids on youtube of experts or get help from you guys to get into the setup (dark) matter.

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
I can use every help that is provided. Take into account that I am very big noob regarding setups. The only thing that I do is soften the things where there is no grip. For instance if I have understear soften the front springs or anti rol bar or put more aero on the front. I never touch dampers or that kind of things. I always look at the tire pressure and temp. But even the temp is a nightmare. Can't fiddle with the camber or toe angles to get the temp correct. You see I am a big noob. The downside of things is, I am a master in engineering and want to understand everything LOL. So if somebody says to me 'ah you need to change the camber to xxx degrees' My question will be "why and what will be the influence". So need to see a lot of Vids on youtube of experts or get help from you guys to get into the setup (dark) matter.
One thing that I love with ACC is that you can get a long way by just focusing on how you drive the car (learning track, when/how to brake etc). I struggled to get under 2:00 but once I started to focus on my driving, I gained time in most corners just by being more smooth.

Also the fact that small changes to the setup have great affect on the car helps. I can share my setup and thoughts on setups later (y)

Reactions: Slicker