PS4 - PS4 - AOR Assetto Corsa Competizione - Social Race Nürburgring - 04/08/2020 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 PS4 - AOR Assetto Corsa Competizione - Social Race Nürburgring - 04/08/2020

pcsolima

2 times AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Dec 27, 2015
But you still need to change in the options menu from automatic to manual, or else it will not work ;)
Only think I have on automatic is engine start..or else it takes me 20 minutes to get out of the pits.
True. I wasn´t able to turn wipers on because they were set to automatic.

pcsolima

2 times AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Dec 27, 2015
One question: is it possible to change car setup while waiting in the starting grid? How?

Thumbtwiddeler

ACC Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 9, 2020
Good race! Thanks for @Michel--NL and @PRG_FrankForest for organising.

Apologies to @YabbaTheHutt and @lappedagain for contact.

I managed to give @lappedagain (Silverfox) a good tap on the way into the pits, entirely my fault, i could've stayed out for another lap! ah well, lesson learned.

I actually dropped the controller my headset was plugged into on the first lap to and i almost crashed.

Quali went well and i was P4 (P1 in class) and had a reasonable start but i got little too greedy in turn two and collected @YabbaTheHutt, i managed to rejoin into a fight but spun later in the lap thanks to my controller falling off the table.

If you skip to 1:04:35 i manage to pull off an opportunistic move gaining two places!

I Managed to recover to 6th before the pit window opened and followed Silverfox into the pits after a good fight, I broke too late spinning him around, hope it didn't delay you too much.

As it happened i knocked my limiter off in the confusion and got a 30 Second Stop Go.

I had a scruffy last stint, hitting the launch pads at the last chicane a couple of times. I eventually managed to recover to 7th overall and 3rd in class.

a little disappointing as the result got away due to mistakes from me and there was a load of pace in the car.

Hopefully see some of you soon for the Spa race i'm hoping to organise.

Cheers,

Dan.

silverfox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 20, 2020
Very tight racing and enjoyed it couple of knocks and missed pit box stop but car wasn't too expensive to fix lol.
On to Paul Ricard.
Interested in your footage Thumbtwiddler, I could never decide if corner after Schummacher chicane was 3rd or 2nd but decided on 2nd as being safer,bit of understeer with 3rd, but after seeing your footage you carried more speed. Duel was great fun, gets you warmed up.
Had a long duel with iDrasnop which was good. Pity you can't turn round a bit to see where other guy is! Fine the spotter is often late in saying where car is.
See you all at Paul Ricard.

silverfox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 20, 2020
My replay was 2 laps long. I think there was about 1-2 seconds between 4th,5th and 6th on last couple of laps. Well last lap there wasn't even a second.
Don't know how you guys get whole race replay.

Tomji_

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T4 Champion
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Thanks to the team at AOR for getting everyone up and running on ACC. Had a lot of fun getting to grips on a new game, having played nothing but PC2 for 3 years. Still a lot to learn.

Had a scruffy start, got bullied and spun around in the first couple of corners and got caught up with an incident between @Fot79 & @Freggel. After that I settled into a group and my pit stop wasn't too bad, had to reverse to adjust a bit, but found myself in 6th place at the closure of the pit window.

Would have been delighted with P6, but noticed with 16 minutes left I wasn't going to make it on fuel. I had to concede places to jimot, who I think would have caught me anyway with his rapid pace, @Thumbtwiddeler, @Fred Ogega, @Tin32, @Freggel & @KielAlexander, pushing me down to P12, cruising around on engine map 3 waiting for @Leroy1600 to lap me, otherwise I wouldn't have made it round again.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Isn't possible. Think it has the same limitations as PC2 for saving the replay.
I can only save around 30 minutes of highlights before i get this during the race when you press save highlight :(

download (1).jpg

Reactions: PRG_FrankForest

Thumbtwiddeler

ACC Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 9, 2020
My replay was 2 laps long. I think there was about 1-2 seconds between 4th,5th and 6th on last couple of laps. Well last lap there wasn't even a second.
Yeah the replay is only a few minutes long, you can save a highlights video wich shows stuff from throughout the race, not sure if my broadcast picked it up but i got an error when trying to save it.

Frustrating as you can put together a half decent video with cobbled together bits of the game highlights!

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Yeah the replay is only a few minutes long, you can save a highlights video wich shows stuff from throughout the race, not sure if my broadcast picked it up but i got an error when trying to save it.

Frustrating as you can put together a half decent video with cobbled together bits of the game highlights!
I still don't know how the saving highlights work. I tried it yesterday, but I got only 2 minutes of the start of the race :rolleyes:

Thumbtwiddeler

ACC Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 9, 2020
Very tight racing and enjoyed it couple of knocks and missed pit box stop but car wasn't too expensive to fix lol.
On to Paul Ricard.
Interested in your footage Thumbtwiddler, I could never decide if corner after Schummacher chicane was 3rd or 2nd but decided on 2nd as being safer,bit of understeer with 3rd, but after seeing your footage you carried more speed. Duel was great fun, gets you warmed up.
Had a long duel with iDrasnop which was good. Pity you can't turn round a bit to see where other guy is! Fine the spotter is often late in saying where car is.
See you all at Paul Ricard.
Yeah i prefer 2nd for the final corner to get good acceleration, just need to treat it carefully!

I do like that last chicane (NGK-Schikane according to wikipedia), you never know you've got it right until you've made it out. I managed to hit the launch pads a couple of times...

I found i was making up most of my time compared to you from turn 5 through to 11 which explains why were were usually close towards the end of the lap, but you always got a good exit from T4.

1596611926265.png

Thumbtwiddeler

ACC Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 9, 2020
Thanks to the team at AOR for getting everyone up and running on ACC. Had a lot of fun getting to grips on a new game, having played nothing but PC2 for 3 years. Still a lot to learn.

Had a scruffy start, got bullied and spun around in the first couple of corners and got caught up with an incident between @Fot79 & @Freggel. After that I settled into a group and my pit stop wasn't too bad, had to reverse to adjust a bit, but found myself in 6th place at the closure of the pit window.

Would have been delighted with P6, but noticed with 16 minutes left I wasn't going to make it on fuel. I had to concede places to jimot, who I think would have caught me anyway with his rapid pace, @Thumbtwiddeler, @Fred Ogega, @Tin32, @Freggel & @KielAlexander, pushing me down to P12, cruising around on engine map 3 waiting for @Leroy1600 to lap me, otherwise I wouldn't have made it round again.
Unlucky @Tomji_, I saw my fuel going faster than i thought it would in the first stint and put an extra few litres in on the MFD before the stop just to be sure.

• Friendly
Reactions: Tomji_

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Sry, didn't noticed I also hitted you. I got I tap from behind that made me spun.
Hope it didn't ruin your race.
Not your fault, I was also in the collision. Damaged enough to lose 1 seconds a lap :(
@KielAlexander Did you see what you do? Please next time more careful and especially in the first lap (y) There is also a rule, whenever you hit someone it is really friendly to wait and let him pass. I know this will have you costed a lot of places, but that's why you need to be very carefull in the first lap.

Tomji_

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T4 Champion
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Sry, didn't noticed I also hitted you. I got I tap from behind that made me spun.
Hope it didn't ruin your race.
No dramas. I had no idea what was going on. Just couldn't stop spinning round :)!

Reactions: Freggel