PS4 - PS4 - AOR Assetto Corsa Competizione Social Race Nürburgring - 04/08/2020 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 PS4 - AOR Assetto Corsa Competizione Social Race Nürburgring - 04/08/2020

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
How long is the pit window?
We all waited for the pitwindow to open but they never said anything or showed anything, so it looks to be free. In career mode, I did experience that if you repair your car, it didn't count as mandatory pitstop since they didn't change the tyres...

Reactions: PRG_FrankForest

KielAlexander

Junior Karter
May 1, 2019
In my experience, your lollipop man is your best guide. One tip is to watch a replay of your pit stop from your preferred driving view and pause when your car gets jacked up. Make some mental reference notes where your car lines up with your crewman — for me, I watch from dash cam and note where my dash lines up with the pit sign — and add some pit stops to your practice sessions. Hopefully that helps!

Tomji_

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T4 Champion
Apr 9, 2017
One more thing about pit stops, do you have to turn the ignition off to initiate the pit stop?

I have a button assigned for this and I've had a couple of times where ive sat there for ages before any work starts on the car.

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
One more thing about pit stops, do you have to turn the ignition off to initiate the pit stop?

I have a button assigned for this and I've had a couple of times where ive sat there for ages before any work starts on the car.
No idea on this one, I just leave my crew to it :unsure::rolleyes:

Reactions: Tomji_

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
Thank you
Done. Put you down for Tuesdays Practice Race?

If your interested in joining a league show your interest here,

Fred Ogega

F1 Reserve Driver
Apr 27, 2016
I remember one of the PC guys saying that he actually stops engine before coming to a stop and just rolls into the pit box and found it faster so it's worth trying.
Did try this one, but lost more time on manually restarting the car/engine, so i thereafter left engine start at auto.

Reactions: danjbirch

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Did try this one, but lost more time on manually restarting the car/engine, so i thereafter left engine start at auto.
Yeah I don't actually do this and I've found I normally gain time on human opponents just by lining up in the pit box as accurate as possible. Also make sure damage repair and brake replacement is set to off if not needed.