PS4 - PS4 AOR GT3 Semi-Pro League S5- Round 3- Monaco - 20/7/16- 8PM BST | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 PS4 AOR GT3 Semi-Pro League S5- Round 3- Monaco - 20/7/16- 8PM BST

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Joost

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 13, 2016

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 20th July 2016
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 39 Laps (1 formation lap + 38 racing laps)

● Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
3 weather slots:
- Clear
- Light Cloud
- Heavy Cloud

● In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 22:00
- Race start time: 22:00
- Race finish time: 00:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:
Going under the bridge in the swimming pool section (see image).

Acceleration Zone:
On the start/finish straight, from the Panasonic bridge (circled on the image below), to the start line.

(Track map image)

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Known absence:
@Moe_yungstar
@Joost

Last edited by a moderator:

zoglug

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 22, 2016
I will be trying this out for the first time later this evening! The RUF may well be ruined by the end of it!

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Will also test it today. If my history on this track is to go by I will last 5 laps at the most...or drive veeeeery slowly :nailbiting:

Slacker_1980

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 11, 2016
This one's gonna be fun... :lol:

Just one question... Pit stops...
What's the deal with exiting here?
If we wait til the end of the solid line, it cuts the first corner, gonna get penalties a lot lol

Griff1894

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
May 28, 2016
That first corner is going to catch so many out! It took me about 5 laps to realise why I was getting a corner cut penalty!

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
This one's gonna be fun... :lol:

Just one question... Pit stops...
What's the deal with exiting here?
If we wait til the end of the solid line, it cuts the first corner, gonna get penalties a lot lol
Yes, the pit exit seems to be a big bug. Will test it under race condition to see if there is a penalty. In quick race mode I got a penalty every time I went out from the pit, no matter how much I tried to stay inside the yellow line.
Anyone else noticed this apart from me and @Slacker_1980 ?

Play4Stefano

F1 Reserve Driver
Jun 15, 2016
I think will be a mess, my goal for monaco is finish race without damage, in this track the worst opponents are barriers and walls :banghead:

Tate

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 12, 2016
Quite like this track but I can see alot of accidents and issues. Dont think this is going to be a fun track to race on though, we will see

Tate

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 12, 2016
Well I have had to change camera view for this track to bonnet which made it easy to drive and also changed my DOR to 500.

Last edited:

Joost

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 13, 2016
I got also track penalty when I leaved the pit. So we need to arrange a new strategy when the driver is leaving the pits.

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
I've tried several times to exit the pit without 5 seconds penalty for Speed Limit. The slowest I went was under 50kph and it wasn't enough!!! Will take this with the other coordinators to come up with a guideline as @Joost suggested.

When comes to lap times I'm down to 1:39,8 with about 40L of fuel, could possibly get it down a little. But there is also the factor on how big risk you want to take since this is such a punishing track...

zoglug

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 22, 2016
Didnt get on last night, I was too busy with Twilight Princess!

Plan on giving it a go tonight, though I dont hold much hope for doing well after the first two weeks.

How are people finding tyre wear?

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
How are people finding tyre wear?
Tyre wear looks really good. This is in the night with cool temperature so my problem has been getting enough heat into the tyres... That is easier to fix than tyre wear ;)

Reactions: zoglug

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Well I'm definitely not going to be anywhere near winning this one. Cant string two laps together before totalling the car and on top of that my times are slow and tyres are overheating lol

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Just did a short session round here and I have to say that this track is a bitch. When You exit the You have to go straight out into the traffic, which is not good and that first corner is rather tricky. I did get a 37.9 and 38/39's pretty easy but it was always with a big risk of hitting something.

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Pit exit I can see being an issue in race condition. Going to require a bit of common sense if you spot someones in the pits and be prepared in case they swing out in front of you. Also those coming out the pits should be aware of fast cars approaching and attempt to avoid collisions.

Ill just stick to bouncing round the track like a pinball lol