PS4 - PS4 AOR GT3 Semi-Pro League S5- Round 3- Monaco - 20/7/16- 8PM BST | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 PS4 AOR GT3 Semi-Pro League S5- Round 3- Monaco - 20/7/16- 8PM BST

zoglug

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 22, 2016
Got a handful of laps in this morning before the littlest woke up. Far to many bumps, particularly trying to swing it round the hairpin. Managed to start picking up a few braking points and put in a 1:41 but there is loads of room for improvement!

The formation lap is going to be tough, the last few corners are very tight indeed!

Last edited:

Slacker_1980

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 11, 2016
Down to 1:39.0 with just a couple of tweaks
Racing is gonna be murder, cos the tracks so tight! But it's starting to grow on me this track/car combo :stig: lol

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
@Delaney @RacingAtHome @Wolverine_111001 @Barker95 @Slacker_1980 @Joost @Xenomorph79 @Bertman2015 @Tate @Gary Waddell @zoglug @Griff1894 @Moe_yungstar @Play4Stefano @Archie619 @SmudgerFez @Ashley

Note Regarding Monaco Pit Exit:

An issue has been discovered where if you stay within the pit exit line through the first corner, the game will give you a slow-down penalty, as it doesn't distinguish between pitting out and performing a corner cut.

So, in order to avoid this, drivers pitting out should do the following: Stay within the yellow pit exit line until you have passed the Nvidia bridge (at the start of the braking zone for turn 1), and then move across and take Turn 1 normally as you would on any other lap.

The pit exit itself can be quite dangerous irrespective of this, with how it sends you out from a hole in the wall almost on the racing line, so when pitting out you are also urged to announce this with a quick "pitting out" shout over the voice chat, or by flashing your lights as you are about to exit. This is in an effort to help drivers coming down the main straight realise that you're pitting out, and may help to avoid potential accidents.

zoglug

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 22, 2016
Just put an hour in around Monaco and there were many, many trips to the pits. Its hard enough getting round here solo, once there are 16 of us battling round here once false move and it is race over. Think I managed 7 clean laps before I ended up in the wall!

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
One tip for practise is to turn off damage. That way you will hopefully get more laps without visiting the pit. For me, the more laps the more confident I feel...I mean over 100 laps. This is needed to train the muscle memory that will help you braking and changing gears without thinking to much on it.

Slacker_1980

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 11, 2016
Well,if you want a lesson in avoidance,just pick a random session online...wow... Messy... Very messy!! :lol:

(saved the replay to try show just how bad it was... Of course typically it's bugged out again, and not a single car that hit me ever left the start line in the replay, so my car just looks like it's jumping about n going flying for no apparent reason lol)

Last edited:

Barker95

AOR PS4 GT3 Semi-Pro S7 Champion
May 26, 2015
yeah its hard to get consistant fast laps with out visiting the pit in the middle. Q times i am in the 1:35s just cant keep anythin like tht up for more than 5 laps.

• Agree

Tate

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 12, 2016
I had a good go at this track, tire wear looks good and manged to get a 1.35 consistently.still tinkering with my set up so i hope I can get a better Time. Had to change camera view and DOR tough to make it easier to turn corners without touching barriers.
I am just struggling with my ffb settings on this track.
It will be bloody mental with 16 cars racing on this track

• Agree

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Small question regarding the race start procedure. Once we reach the formation point on track its a logistical nightmare to go two by two around the last few corners of the track. I did read somewhere that we would wait to the start finish straight to form up so just checking what we are going with for the race on Wednesday.

Also I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but.... I hate the barriers around Monaco but my car loves them, it cant keep out of them lol

• Funny

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
You are right about the formation lap. Will check to see what we came up with...

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Small question regarding the race start procedure. Once we reach the formation point on track its a logistical nightmare to go two by two around the last few corners of the track. I did read somewhere that we would wait to the start finish straight to form up so just checking what we are going with for the race on Wednesday.
You're spot on @Archie619 :
When the formation point is we are to remain in a single line but be on that side where we are supposed to be (left or right). Then on start/finish straight we get together in the correct formation and off we go. Hopefully without crashing to hard...

• Informative
Reactions: Barker95

Play4Stefano

F1 Reserve Driver
Jun 15, 2016
This track is very hard.. tried many setup but no chance to get a good lap. Just one strategy for my race: drive carefully, no accidents, looking stars on the sky and finish race alive :)

• Funny

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Race strategy this week, just chill during qualifying, start from the back, then stick to about 30mph & cruise by all the carnage :lol:
My strategy is similar but slightly different. Get out the pits first in qualifying, put in a good lap (front row) then do a Schumi and park up... I mean have an accident and hit the wall and then from the front avoid the chaos behind me lol

Griff1894

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
May 28, 2016
I actually can't wait for tomorrow. As long as nobody gets too hot under the collar about accidents because I'm sure there will be the odd bump it's going to be fun! It's certainly a test fellas. I did a record run of 10 laps without touching a barrier or overshooting a corner and my eyes were on stalks with the concentration it took

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Some notes for tomorrows race (some already been stated).

Pit exit:

Stay within the yellow line until you reach the Nvidia bridge then take the normal race line through corner one. Please alert other drivers that you are exiting the pit with either saying it or flashing your lights.

Formation lap:
When we get to the formation point we remain in a single line but going on the correct side of the road (uneven on the right, even on the left), until we get to the start/finish straight where we go side by side.

Possible to reset car:
Normally we don't want drivers to use the "reset car" option but for this race we will allow it. But please use it under great care! Your car will be stationary in the middle of the road so you can only use this if you are absolutely sure that it won't cause a problem/ crash.

And please take care on the first couple of laps (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: zoglug

zoglug

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 22, 2016
i'm dreading tomorrow! Im not quick round the track and am not sure if I can make my tyres last to only 1 stop!

I apologise in advance for any problems caused by my ineptitude tomorrow!

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
i'm dreading tomorrow! Im not quick round the track and am not sure if I can make my tyres last to only 1 stop!
You're not alone in having that feeling. I haven't made my mind up if to do 1 or 2 stops....