PS4 - PS4 AOR GT3 Semi-Pro League S5- Round 4- Brno - 27/7/16- 8PM BST | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 PS4 AOR GT3 Semi-Pro League S5- Round 4- Brno - 27/7/16- 8PM BST

Lanius1984

GP2 2nd Driver
Jun 20, 2016
Personally, I got to lap 12 and the tyres were shot to pieces! However, that is more my driving style than the track I think. 1 stop will easily be possible for those who can conserve tyres, maybe a rough lap or two at the end of each stint.
Are you turning your wheel too much for the corners?
The easy thing to do when you try to turn is rotate the wheel further than you need to without getting any extra turning force from the wheels - all they will do is slide more with the greater slip angle, causing higher temps and higher wear.

One way to check for this is to increase your steering ratio a fair bit - as you'll need to to turn the wheel more to get around the corner anyway, it won't feel natural to turn the wheel much more than you currently do... if yu still get round the corners ok, you should be reducing your slip angle.

I know I do this when I try to push too hard for time, and actually don't gain time, but mess my tyres up.

Tate

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 12, 2016
I think weve got a good group of racers to be fair, we know mistakes will be made but we all try our best not too.

Gonna get some practice in myself shortly. I like this track and thanks @YabbaTheHutt , I do have the calendar saved on my tablet but I was using my phone. I think thatshe the highlight of the calendar for me. Not that I'm quick there, I've never actually raced humans on there!
Well hopefully @Griff1894 we can get higher finishes at this track for ourselves and Team Mutiny. As we are trailing behind @Barker95

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

Griff1894

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
May 28, 2016
Well hopefully @Griff1894 we can get higher finishes at this track for ourselves and Team Mutiny. As we are trailing behind @Barker95
Working on it matey! I want to get on the podium at least once this season but those 3 guys at the top are so quick! Slow down fellas!!

If you come up with any magical setups let me know and I'll do the same. I'm lapping in the mid 2.02's - low 2.03's at the moment. I usually just tune the understeer out and make sure my tyres and brakes are OK because I personally think the pace is in the driver, although I think I might go a bit deeper this weekend and see if I'm actually Lewis Hamilton stuck in a crappy setup

Tate

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 12, 2016
Working on it matey! I want to get on the podium at least once this season but those 3 guys at the top are so quick! Slow down fellas!!

If you come up with any magical setups let me know and I'll do the same. I'm lapping in the mid 2.02's - low 2.03's at the moment. I usually just tune the understeer out and make sure my tyres and brakes are OK because I personally think the pace is in the driver, although I think I might go a bit deeper this weekend and see if I'm actually Lewis Hamilton stuck in a crappy setup
I think it's a combination of driver and tune. If your not comfortable with a car in its natural form than it needs to be tuned to preference and track . I have been using @TonyR tunes to help me understand. He is currently using the mclaren in the elite league. It has helped me understand things alot more and given a better idea what to change. This doesn't mean I'm doing it right but it's a massive help. Learning so much.
I will post some times up once I get on the track. Can't get on yet as Mrs is house cleaning and can't been seen playing computer when she's cleaning up lol. She will give jobs, I don't want!!

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
I wont be at this race as I will be away. Hopefully my team mates can get some good points. Good luck lads
Ok, then I know you will miss Brno :)
This means that there is a spot for you @Ashley if your not working :)

Wolverine_111001

Formula Karter
Apr 11, 2016
Done some practice with fuel and im getting 2.01 \ 2.02's until the tyres go then im down to 2.05plus. Gotta get my car more grippy on bald tyres. Any suggestion would be welcome.

zoglug

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 22, 2016
My problem at the moment is the up hill left, right combination towards the end of the lap! The RUF is very unstable at the moment through those corners!

I was doing 2:02 / 2:03 this morning and managed 7 or 8 laps before the rears went! Looks like I'll be on a two stop strategy again, so can only hope not to finish last!

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
I was doing 2:02 / 2:03 this morning and managed 7 or 8 laps before the rears went! Looks like I'll be on a two stop strategy again, so can only hope not to finish last!
A 2 stop strategy might be faster. It's all about how much slower you go on worn tyres. I haven't timed a pit stop yet but I would guess it is around 30 seconds. If you lose 5 seconds per lap for the 3 last laps of a 1 stop race (which is 2 stints=6 bad laps=30 seconds dropped). If you also add the risk of spinning on those very worn tyres which will make you loose even more time, a 2 stop strategy might be faster race time. Why not try and do 2 race sims? One with 1 stop and one with 2 stops and then compare the times. That way you get a better understanding of what to do :)

Joost

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 13, 2016
Juist races 16 laps om the track. Stoppen due to F1 Q :)
The fastest lap was a 2:00:145. One stop in lap 15.
I know for sure that this race can be a one stop race.

Tate

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 12, 2016
Had a quick practice and managed very low 2.02.025/50 with consistency. But not finished setting up car though. I think the area of most gain is the first turn.

Are you guys running high aero front and back?

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Are you guys running high aero front and back?
I'm running between low and mid in front and mid in rear (BMW M3) and that works fine for me :lol:

Reactions: Tate

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Did my first laps today with 2.02.7 as best for Q and consistently in 2.03's for the first 7-8 racelaps then traction starts to drop and I ended at 2.05/6's on 17 laps. More laps tomorrow

Slacker_1980

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 11, 2016
Struggling to get much better than 2:03.1's just now, haven't had a lot of practice just yet though.
(probably doesn't help I'm so tired right now either though :lol:)

Do more testing tomorrow I guess,

Slightly off topic, may/may not have been a waste of money, but it's always pretty warm here, ps4 ends up sounding like a hair drier on full after a long stint on pcars lol, so I ordered one of those cooling fans for it yesterday, due to arrive tomorrow, see how that goes lol
Screenshot_20160723-215025.png

Tate

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 12, 2016
This maybe a silly question but wanna ask. I know we don't have mechanical failures, so is safe to say you don't have to have you radiator and brake ducts open at all?

zoglug

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 22, 2016
The radiator I have closed, the brake ducts I think have an impact on the performance of your brakes in terms of them over heating, so I have them open at certain levels depending on the track.

• Agree
Reactions: Delaney and Tate