PS4 - PS4 AOR GT3 Semi-Pro League S5- Round 4- Brno - 27/7/16- 8PM BST | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 PS4 AOR GT3 Semi-Pro League S5- Round 4- Brno - 27/7/16- 8PM BST

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
This maybe a silly question but wanna ask. I know we don't have mechanical failures, so is safe to say you don't have to have you radiator and brake ducts open at all?
The radiator I have closed, the brake ducts I think have an impact on the performance of your brakes in terms of them over heating, so I have them open at certain levels depending on the track.
As @zoglug said: the radiator can be closed, I have my at 10%. Brake duct is very important to set so that the brakes don't get too hot or too cold. Brakes should be between 450-600 C.

Barker95

AOR PS4 GT3 Semi-Pro S7 Champion
May 26, 2015
I have been driving a few laps round here even though im
not going to be racing. I wish I had the m3 for the race, its the only car I can get into the low 1:59s

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
I have been driving a few laps round here even though im
not going to be racing. I wish I had the m3 for the race, its the only car I can get into the low 1:59s
The M3 is really nice at Brno :)

Reactions: Barker95

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
that will mean that everyone else needs to do a three stop because the way you conserve your tires is just beyond me
The wheel does make a difference I think but I have comfortably made a 1 stop work at every race so far and I'm using the pad. My wear has probably been a bit worse but not that bad I have to make extra stops

Tate

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 12, 2016
Well managed to get tires to last till 16 laps, so I should be able to only do 1 stop. I have got times down to 2.01.3/4/5 consistently. Not fast time at all but no spin outs. Just need to have a good qualify setup to now

Play4Stefano

F1 Reserve Driver
Jun 15, 2016
Nice track, had 1 hour practise and full race, best lap 2:02,8 with 2 pit stops lap 10 and 20.
Problem to manage tyres, after 5 laps i have tyres burning.. between 110 and 120 C° ! tryed also medium and hard but same problem and no grip

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
I did a short stint yesterday and again today. Haven't decided on one or two stop, but I think that I've found my racepace. It should be a Good race.

Tate

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 12, 2016
Well i have manged to get my times down now to 2.0.3/5/7 but tyres lasting now 14 laps so not to bad.

Also setting up pit stop I am not able to set my tyres pressure exactly how I have them on my setup up, it seems tyre pressure goes up in 2s?

I have also been using the pCars dash which is really good.

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Also setting up pit stop I am not able to set my tyres pressure exactly how I have them on my setup up, it seems tyre pressure goes up in 2s?
They do step in 2 or 3 at some preassures. You can try to pull the lever to minimum or full and then drag it to your desired preassure. That has worked some times for me. Otherwise you just have to live with it I'm afraid.

NumptyNed

F1 Reserve Driver
Jul 15, 2016
Who is the second reserve driver? as @Barker95 cant make it and @Ashley is working, does this mean there is a space on the grid?

I may be able to step in at short notice if needed (y)

Reactions: zoglug

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Who is the second reserve driver? as @Barker95 cant make it and @Ashley is working, does this mean there is a space on the grid?

I may be able to step in at short notice if needed (y)
Hi there @NumptyNed :) I have raised your question to the moderators of the league. This is because I don't know if there is other people that have signed up and that haven't been put in any league yet. Will hopefully have an answer within a couple of hours.

Last edited:

Bertman2015

Pro Karter
Jan 27, 2015
Super excited to be hosting proceedings later. For what info you can glean from this I tried full race distance with one stop and two stops- only ten seconds between them and both were pretty similar drives for me.

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
All set @NumptyNed . You are now listed as a reserv for PS4 GT3 Semi-Pro. There is a spot for you tonight if you can :)
I trust that you have read through the rules and accept to race fair and cleanly. I need your PSN id (if different than forum name) as I will be the one sending out the invitations. The car and livery you pick for your first race is the car you will use for the rest of the season.
We will have a free 45 minutes practise with a 2 lap test race (1 formation lap and 1 race lap). After that, stay in the lobby as we change it to race settings.

And last: Welcome to the Semi-Pro league :lol:

Moe_yungstar

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 11, 2016
My tyre wear has been amazing with my setup. A confident 1 stop for me in tonights race. Fingers crossed. What is a good lap time (qualifying wise) i managed 2.02 in race against some AI for markers on where i can make some overtakes

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
I have managed 1:59,5 in quali. I just hope that I can repeat it when it matters... Wouldn't be surprised if @Gary Waddell and / or @Archie619 dips in to the 1:58's ;)

Reactions: zoglug

zoglug

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 22, 2016
Best lap for me is a 2:01:5, typically I am slow through sector 2. Using pCars dash, my fastest possible time 2:00:9.