PS4 - PS4 AOR GT3 Semi-Pro League S5- Round 4- Brno - 27/7/16- 8PM BST | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 PS4 AOR GT3 Semi-Pro League S5- Round 4- Brno - 27/7/16- 8PM BST

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Had a race pretty much as expected. Q in 12th which was ok with no warm up before the start. Took a couple of places in T1 right after the start and more places in T3 when a few of You had a little gathering. This meant that I was P8 for a couple of laps. Battled with @Slacker_1980 for a few laps til he decided to ram my behind. Unfortunately he decided to go on without respecting the rules. Made a mistake in last turn some laps later making spin, but other than that I had a fairly decent race. I think I finished in P8 or 9. I'll look through my replay tomorrow sometime and see if that incident with Slacker shows.

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Results and standings updated!

Griff1894

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
May 28, 2016
I like all the none racing related incidents we have! Tvs turning off, wheels disconnecting.....

Best way to post videos guys??

Reactions: Bertman2015

NumptyNed

F1 Reserve Driver
Jul 15, 2016
An interesting start to my AOR career. I find out this afternoon that I had a place on the grid so I planned to get home and do some practise and get a set up of some sorts. Then there was an accident on the motorway on the way home from work so I ended up turning my PS4 on 2 minutes before qualifying started. I then got disconnected in qualifying but managed to re-join just before it finished and then managed 2 laps in the warm up.

I entered the race on a default setup and no pit strategy planned, spun twice on the formation lap and then 2 more times on the first lap, one of those times I bumped the wall so had to pit for damage. After that I started to get into a bit more and set a few consistent laps. I lost a bit more time letting people past as I was so far behind I pulled off the track and let most people past at one point. Hopefully I didn't hold anyone up too much!

If I get a chance again hopefully I will get the car setup and sort my pit stops out so I might be a little more competitive.

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Best way to post videos guys??
Don't know really. I use the PS4 share to save video, then via usb to my computer and then upload to Youtube. I'm sure that there is better ways...

• Informative
Reactions: Delaney

Wolverine_111001

Formula Karter
Apr 11, 2016
Fanbloody tastic quali for me, 4th, best ever!!!! I have no idea where that 1.59 came from as i hadnt got below 2.00 in practice so big pat on the back for me. Race result 5th which is good but a little disappointing after quali. Only 1 major thing to discuss about the race, the 1st corner. I bumped @Archie619 as he returned to the track (all 4 wheels over white line) and although i had braked it was enough to send him sideways into @Xenomorph79. This all caused some swapping of places that wouldnt have happened otherwise. Im not sure if anyone wants to raise a stewards enquiry i will not be.
Welcome @NumptyNed to the league. :eek::D:sneaky:

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Q: 6th R: 3rd :joyful:
I had high hopes for this race since Brno is my main test track. Quali-time was almost as good as I hoped for. Pleased with 6th. The race started a bit rough for me. Bumped in to @Tate and almost spun (my own fault), managed to save it. Think this meant that @Play4Stefano had to break hard not to hit me and then he got hit in the back. Sorry for making that mess guys :( After that I tried to catch up to @Bertman2015 and did so. Was able to pass and then set my target to @Gary Waddell and @Moe_yungstar . Got up to them and then they had a little get together (more on that in a later post) and I could use that to get pass both. I forgot to assign left/right view so I didn't have full control of where they were after the pass. I thought Moe was to the right of me with Gary behind me. Moe was infact behind Gary so I left the door wide open going into turn 1 which gave Gary an easy overtake... To be fair, Gary was a little bit faster than me but it would have been nice to see how long I could keep him behind ;) Gary overtook @Xenomorph79 and soon I was at the bumper of Xeno. He defended well but I could tell that his tires was worse than mine. Thought about trying an undercut pit-stop on lap 14. But Xeno got a bit wide at the end of lap 14 and I got pass. I scrapped the idea of a undercut and went for another lap. Xeno pitted and I expected us to continue racing after my pit-stop. I exited the pit but no Xeno...he was well behind me (I think he was the one that didn't have a pit strategy set). I now was in 3rd with Gary 8 seconds in front and @Archie619 7 seconds behind. Put all my focus on getting clean and fast lap in to, first of all, keep the distance to Archie. It went well, nothing happened. With 2 laps to go I saw that I was getting closer to Gary as he battled @Joost for the lead. In the end he got first 0.4 seconds ahead of Joost with me 2.5 seconds behind.

Really pleased with my first podium ever :joyful:
Congrats to @Gary Waddell and @Joost :lol:

Next up: Road America in the rain... I'll be shocked if I get a podium there. Love the track but I absolutely hate the rain...

Reactions: Tate

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Qualifying: 2nd. Again not my fastest lap I have ever done but was happy enough with it. Kept pushing a little too hard and making errors and missing apexes.

Race: 4th. Got a decent start. Lost the back end a little into turn one that put me onto the grass a bit. Felt contact from behind that sent me sideways but no damage done to my car. Went wide at the second to last corner to make a bad first lap even worse, got a time penalty that sent me to the back of the pack despite using the same line for lots of laps which was a bit confusing. From there I was chasing the race. I made up a few places over the next few laps albeit burning my tyres doing it. Then I got to the battle with @YabbaTheHutt, @Moe_yungstar and @Gary Waddell (my replays a little messed up and everyone is in the wrong cars so I'm guessing lol). Had a fun battle with Moe despite some very aggressive defensive moves including one I wasn't too pleased about when you were guarding the inside line into turn one. My intention was to attempt to go the long way around the outside but you swerved back into the racing line and slammed the brakes on. That could have been race over had I not reacted quickly. After that battle I had a fairly lonely race chasing @YabbaTheHutt for the majority. Should have pitted one lap sooner as I lost a lot of time staying out an extra lap. The second half of the race I pretty much spent trading sector times with @YabbaTheHutt taking the gap from around 8 seconds down to 6.7-7.1 where it stayed for the rest of the race.

Bit of an eventful race but considering I was last at one point I am happy to recover 4th place and congrats to @YabbaTheHutt on the podium and to my teamy @Gary Waddell even if Toto wasn't too pleased at the result lol

Last edited:

Moe_yungstar

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 11, 2016
Feel free to watch my stream. Around 31/32 minutes you leave absolutely no room when I'm clearly alongside. Our contact happened at 35:55, you will CLEARLY see I am on the inside, easily hugging the kerbs, and you turn in on me! Feel free to check your own stream and see it was YOU who made the contact. When both cars toutched, we both went straight on. Being a good sportsman, I let you go past as your were flashing your lights at me like I'm some sort of slovakia hooker and your out for a good time - I would have been well withing my entitlement to keep going and forget you ever existed.

Feel free to take the evidence to the stewards panel.

mmmmmm your tears taste good.
**** off. Why be so immature?

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
It's cool now @Moe_yungstar . @Gary Waddell admitted that he went over the line with that comment. He was still full of adrenaline when commenting, which is not good.

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Still, not very professional. No need for sneak dissing others for a RACING INCIDENT...
Agree! And it dosen't help that the game has this bug that clue the cars together (which is why you thought that you were being pushed wide).

• Agree
Reactions: Moe_yungstar

Gary Waddell

1-time AOR PS4 GT3 Pro Champion
Jun 18, 2016
I guess it was fate myself and @Moe_yungstar would end up wanting the same bit of tarmac in the race, considering all his player hating before it trying to get me chucked out the league.

I'm over it. I've moved on. I look forward to our next encounter.(y)

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
I don't think that he wanted you to be chucked out of this league. He was more wondering why you where in this league from the beginning since you are that fast. Which, of course, is down to the fact that we did the time trials...
I think, as you say, that we should move on.

Gary Waddell

1-time AOR PS4 GT3 Pro Champion
Jun 18, 2016
My race summary

Press conference: Heated discussions took place this weekend. Some drivers flinging comments around of illegal devices fitted to the cars, trying to get Team O'Glock chucked out the championship. Toto completely refutes these comments. In fact, we have an open garage policy. If anybody would like our car setup details, just ask.

Q: Again I absolutely nailed it, best lap of the weekend! 1:47:7... outstanding!

R: A challenging start, I was a bit cautious the first few corners/laps, found myself tumbling down the grid. I eventually settled behind @Moe_yungstar where we had, what can be best described as an interesting battle. We've exchanged words, clearly a rivalry is brewing here. I personally feel his driving was overly aggressive, but hey, I finished so I have no complaints. Eventually I worked my way up the field and was really worried by @Joost as he had decent pace. I decided as he pitted lap 12, he was likely 2 stopping, however come lap 22 I had been managing my tryes and maintaining a 7s gap to him, he was clearly not coming in again - so I set about closing down the 7s gap. I honestly was on the ragged edge, but just made it.

Special mention to @Joost, absolutely outstanding race, pace was excellent. I actually think if you managed to extend your first stint beyond lap 12, you would have likely won the race. Your pace was decent, until your tyres seemed to go by the end. Also well done to @YabbaTheHutt on the podium, well done!

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Team O'Glock might have Toto on their side. But Yabba has Bernie on his side :cool:

• Funny
Reactions: Griff1894

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
@Delaney @RacingAtHome @Wolverine_111001 @Barker95 @Slacker_1980 @Joost @Xenomorph79 @Bertman2015 @Tate @Gary Waddell @zoglug @Griff1894 @Moe_yungstar @Play4Stefano @Archie619 @SmudgerFez @Ashley @NumptyNed

Just want to give some advise when having comments after a race:
If you've been in an incident and feels upset about it. Don't comment! Wait until the day after, watch your saved replay (where you can watch from different cameras) and see how it looks. I did it today. I thought that I got hit between turn 4 and 5 (I use the cockpit view) but the replay with other cameras showed that I turned in to Tate= my mistake. If you must comment, use more neutral comments like: I think I got hit by X but I will watch my replay first or something like that.

A little tip about saving replay: Please make sure that you haven't got any replays already because then there is a risk that your replay can't be saved (1GB llmit bla bla).

The comments yesterday wasn't that bad and it didn't get out of control. I just want to make sure that everyone understands that it is not a good idea to accuse people for things directly after the race (because your still full of adrenaline and you only have your race view on the incident). Take look on the incident the day after and if you still think that someone did something wrong, take it to the Steward and let them look at it. You still, of course, need to think on what you write there as well, but it's easier the day after when you've calmed down ;)

With that we look forward to the rest of the season with more great racing in the best of all leagues; the PS4 GT3 Semi-Pro :stig: