PS4 - PS4 AOR GT3 Semi-Pro League S5- Round 4- Brno - 27/7/16- 8PM BST | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 PS4 AOR GT3 Semi-Pro League S5- Round 4- Brno - 27/7/16- 8PM BST

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Tate

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 12, 2016
My race and qualify didnt go to plan. Didnt set a good time even tough I got times down and manged twice to get a 1.59 time, car felt different. Got knocked a few times but this happens and manged to settle down. I decide to setup my own car this race instead of using other peoples. I was nearly last on the grid and finished 10th and last 3 laps had to coast which allowed @xeonmorph through to take 9th didn't want to risk not finishing the race for a silly error.

Attachments

Joost

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 13, 2016
My race summary

Press conference: Heated discussions took place this weekend. Some drivers flinging comments around of illegal devices fitted to the cars, trying to get Team O'Glock chucked out the championship. Toto completely refutes these comments. In fact, we have an open garage policy. If anybody would like our car setup details, just ask.

Q: Again I absolutely nailed it, best lap of the weekend! 1:47:7... outstanding!

R: A challenging start, I was a bit cautious the first few corners/laps, found myself tumbling down the grid. I eventually settled behind @Moe_yungstar where we had, what can be best described as an interesting battle. We've exchanged words, clearly a rivalry is brewing here. I personally feel his driving was overly aggressive, but hey, I finished so I have no complaints. Eventually I worked my way up the field and was really worried by @Joost as he had decent pace. I decided as he pitted lap 12, he was likely 2 stopping, however come lap 22 I had been managing my tryes and maintaining a 7s gap to him, he was clearly not coming in again - so I set about closing down the 7s gap. I honestly was on the ragged edge, but just made it.

Special mention to @Joost, absolutely outstanding race, pace was excellent. I actually think if you managed to extend your first stint beyond lap 12, you would have likely won the race. Your pace was decent, until your tyres seemed to go by the end. Also well done to @YabbaTheHutt on the podium, well done!
It's correct that my strategy was a 2 stop race, but I takes the risk on a one stop. My pace was great, made no mistakes. But I know that you're tires where better then mine so my goal was finishing at P2. A little hope at P1 when you made a small mistake in lap 29. But I never had any change.
Next race I hope again on a podium place.

zoglug

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 22, 2016
Now I am not so angry with the evenings goings on.......

Qualifying for me was great. I did a 2:01:1 which was over half a second quicker than I had done previously. Saw me in 7th place! I had overtaken @YabbaTheHutt on the warm up lap accidentally but quickly let him get back past!

Race: Retired - Devastated not to have finished the race. I ended up in a few scraps in the first coupld of corners which saw me quickly down into 13th place. I then spun on lap 3, I pushed to hard coming out of the 3rd to last corner, caught the rumble strip and lost the back end which saw me 14th.

I quickly made up the 8 second gap to @Play4Stefano and had made my way onto the back of the Slacker @Delaney

As people began to pit around lap 11/12 I was up into 7th or 8th going into the pits. Disaster then struck, as I left the pits, there was no response from the wheel. I quickly plugged it back in, navigated a couple of corners and it went again! With the damage I had incurred, being so far behind people and a wheel that was not working I had to retire to the pits and then promptly quit out in a grump!

Ahh well, onto the next race, hopefully Road America if the wheel update works from Thrustmaster!

Griff1894

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
May 28, 2016
@Delaney @RacingAtHome @Wolverine_111001 @Barker95 @Slacker_1980 @Joost @Xenomorph79 @Bertman2015 @Tate @Gary Waddell @zoglug @Griff1894 @Moe_yungstar @Play4Stefano @Archie619 @SmudgerFez @Ashley @NumptyNed

Just want to give some advise when having comments after a race:
If you've been in an incident and feels upset about it. Don't comment! Wait until the day after, watch your saved replay (where you can watch from different cameras) and see how it looks. I did it today. I thought that I got hit between turn 4 and 5 (I use the cockpit view) but the replay with other cameras showed that I turned in to Tate= my mistake. If you must comment, use more neutral comments like: I think I got hit by X but I will watch my replay first or something like that.

A little tip about saving replay: Please make sure that you haven't got any replays already because then there is a risk that your replay can't be saved (1GB llmit bla bla).

The comments yesterday wasn't that bad and it didn't get out of control. I just want to make sure that everyone understands that it is not a good idea to accuse people for things directly after the race (because your still full of adrenaline and you only have your race view on the incident). Take look on the incident the day after and if you still think that someone did something wrong, take it to the Steward and let them look at it. You still, of course, need to think on what you write there as well, but it's easier the day after when you've calmed down ;)

With that we look forward to the rest of the season with more great racing in the best of all leagues; the PS4 GT3 Semi-Pro :stig:
Perfectly put. I do however actively encourage rivalry! Adds some spice, but t let's not resort to name calling! I am thinking of crashing lap 1 in the rain next week to watch the @Gary Waddell @Moe_yungstar show!

I know you're fast @Gary Waddell but a 1.47 pole time last Night? I'd want you chucked out if you got that time!!

Reactions: Tate

Bertman2015

Pro Karter
Jan 27, 2015
1.47 wow! or anything under the 2.00 is fantastic going. Maybe as a Team O'Glock runner I could have a sneak peak under that BMW bonnet. I had good race pace but that's incredible going. In fact I thought I qualified well and ended 10th I think everyone is getting a little quicker too. After all the events of this week bring on the rain- what's the worst that could happen

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

Griff1894

May 28, 2016
My race and qualify didnt go to plan. Didnt set a good time even tough I got times down and manged twice to get a 1.59 time, car felt different. Got knocked a few times but this happens and manged to settle down. I decide to setup my own car this race instead of using other peoples. I was nearly last on the grid and finished 10th and last 3 laps had to coast which allowed @xeonmorph through to take 9th didn't want to risk not finishing the race for a silly error.
Buddy do you want me to send you my Base setup? I find its a good place to work from. It's not mega fast but very stable and cuts out a lot of the mclaren pesky understeer.

I came up with it preseason at catalunya so i think it's a good all rounder (probably won't suit your driving style at all now I've said that!)

Tate

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 12, 2016
Perfectly put. I do however actively encourage rivalry! Adds some spice, but t let's not resort to name calling! I am thinking of crashing lap 1 in the rain next week to watch the @Gary Waddell @Moe_yungstar show!

I know you're fast @Gary Waddell but a 1.47 pole time last Night? I'd want you chucked out if you got that time!!
Well said, I understand the competitive side of things but we have to all get on
Buddy do you want me to send you my Base setup? I find its a good place to work from. It's not mega fast but very stable and cuts out a lot of the mclaren pesky understeer.

I came up with it preseason at catalunya so i think it's a good all rounder (probably won't suit your driving style at all now I've said that!)
Yeah sounds good, if that's OK. It might help.thanks mate

Griff1894

May 28, 2016
Well said, I understand the competitive side of things but we have to all get on

Yeah sounds good, if that's OK. It might help.thanks mate
Let me know how you get on or if my driving style is a bit funky!

Reactions: Tate

Joost

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 13, 2016
Here is my first summary of the race created with share factory.
Next time I will stream my race.

Xenomorph79

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 3, 2016
I couldn't save replay race finished b 4 I did. There was contact made buy someone on me at turn one. I went from 3rd to 15th the guy who made contact with me was fair, he waited;) .then I had a race on .I worked my way up to around 2nd mainly through other people accidents and not getting involved in them at this point already after one maybe 2 laps I was 14 secs behind leader, always keeping eye on the person behind waiting for it to turn into Totos lead driver lol. went to make 1st pit stop. From this point things got much more difficult all my pit stats had vanished. I manually made one then left pits. Made good headway. Then discovered for what ever reason my car was using more fuel than in my practice run .So what seemed to be more than enough fuel for what I wanted was suddenly not enough. So back into the pits for a second time adding fuel to my new pit strat .race was exiting though I pretty much spent most of the race on fresh tyres ;). So plenty of overtaking. I think 3rd was on the cards . With some luck maybe 2nd. All depending on Totos lead boy and how quick he was gonna cut through the field from a incident he was involved in earlier. Plz don't take any of this note as a moan. It's just what happened. ;). I'm still having a great time. Still improving the car bit by bit. See u guys on Wednesday. Happy racing .

Last edited:
Reactions: YabbaTheHutt