PS4 - PS4 AOR GT3 Semi-Pro League S5- Round 5- Road America - 3/8/16- 8PM BST | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 PS4 AOR GT3 Semi-Pro League S5- Round 5- Road America - 3/8/16- 8PM BST

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Qualifying: Pole. Narrowly got my first pole. Had gone quicker in practice but as per usual couldn't hook it up perfectly when it mattered

Race: 2nd. Good start and built a small 2 second lead. I then lost the Pirelli lottery and my tyres dropped off massively so that I was going almost a second slower per lap and couldn't grip at all. Regained the lead when Gary pitted and contemplated the no stopper however eventually decided to pit. The pit stop was a disaster for some reason and I was stationary for 40 seconds plus the in and out time. Toto needs to fire some of the pit crew. Came out in 4th behind the no stopping McLarens. Got lucky when @Xenomorph79 (I think it was you) spun out and got past him without any issues. Put in qualifying style laps to catch @Wolverine_111001 at almost a second a lap, occasionally more. Got a good run out of the final corner and slipstreamed down the straight and overtook at the first corner under braking. From here I just plugged in consistent lap times to build a gap and settle into second with my tyres wrecked again from pushing hard to regain my 2nd spot. Good race, got to do some overtaking. No idea what happened at the pit stop but didn't damage my race in the end.

Now to Dubai where I have already just put in a race distance lol

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

NumptyNed

F1 Reserve Driver
Jul 15, 2016
After my performance in my first two races I need to be in an amateur league! At least I can't do much worse.

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
After my performance in my first two races I need to be in an amateur league! At least I can't do much worse.
The positive with being in back is that it can only get better ;)

Griff1894

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
May 28, 2016
Qualifying: Pole. Narrowly got my first pole. Had gone quicker in practice but as per usual couldn't hook it up perfectly when it mattered

Race: 2nd. Good start and built a small 2 second lead. I then lost the Pirelli lottery and my tyres dropped off massively so that I was going almost a second slower per lap and couldn't grip at all. Regained the lead when Gary pitted and contemplated the no stopper however eventually decided to pit. The pit stop was a disaster for some reason and I was stationary for 40 seconds plus the in and out time. Toto needs to fire some of the pit crew. Came out in 4th behind the no stopping McLarens. Got lucky when @Xenomorph79 (I think it was you) spun out and got past him without any issues. Put in qualifying style laps to catch @Wolverine_111001 at almost a second a lap, occasionally more. Got a good run out of the final corner and slipstreamed down the straight and overtook at the first corner under braking. From here I just plugged in consistent lap times to build a gap and settle into second with my tyres wrecked again from pushing hard to regain my 2nd spot. Good race, got to do some overtaking. No idea what happened at the pit stop but didn't damage my race in the end.

Now to Dubai where I have already just put in a race distance lol
Booooooo!!! ;-)

Griff1894

May 28, 2016
Now I know how Nico and Lewis must feel at every circuit :rofl:
Ha ha! I was thinking the same thing, you two are our equivalent to the evil that is Mercedes!

I'm glad you're in our league though, it can only make is quicker. Take each other out one week though won't you! ;-)

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Ha ha! I was thinking the same thing, you two are our equivalent to the evil that is Mercedes!

I'm glad you're in our league though, it can only make is quicker. Take each other out one week though won't you! ;-)
Toto wont be happy if we do that though lol :lol:

• Funny
Reactions: Griff1894

Griff1894

May 28, 2016
Toto wont be happy if we do that though lol :lol:
Brainless!!

Would you mind sending me your setup from last night? I want to see if I'm doing anything drastically different. I know we're in different cars. Speaking of which I've already decided on next seasons car! Think I could do some damage in the R8 now I've got some more miles under my belt

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Q. 8th R: 6th
Totally messed up my quali again... Had a clean start but couldn't see anything on the first laps, hard to find my breaking points, but no spin or anything. Managed to survive the race without any serious accident, even if I almost lost it a couple of times. Very happy with 6th place in my third ever rain race :)

Congrats to the podium guys :joyful:

Next up, Dubai...in the sun :lol:

Reactions: Archie619 and Tate

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Yes, Team Mutiny need to get their livery sorted. In yesterdays race race it was @Griff1894 in the correct livery and @Tate and @Barker95 in the wrong ones... Not a big problem but it is nice if team mates have the right livery ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Tate and Griff1894

Slacker_1980

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 11, 2016
Think I could do some damage in the R8 now I've got some more miles under my belt
Game for another season in the R8 too :D

Q. 8th R: 6th
Totally messed up my quali again... Had a clean start but couldn't see anything on the first laps, hard to find my breaking points, but no spin or anything. Managed to survive the race without any serious accident, even if I almost lost it a couple of times. Very happy with 6th place in my third ever rain race :)

Congrats to the podium guys :joyful:

Next up, Dubai...in the sun :lol:
Pretty much the same really, messed up first flying lap in quali, ran wide on the last corner, annoyingly it was a good bit faster than second attempt too :banghead: lol.

Similar start, fairly hesitant at points, with no abs, it's a bit hairy getting close enough in braking zones to get a good exit n catch the tow, not wanting to lock up and rear end anyone! :nailbiting:
Had a good few laps chasing darkblack early on, fairly uneventful mid section after pitting, then a good old chase for an eventual 7th place in the last few laps, was fairly intense too, cos my front left tyre was shot! :lol:

Happy enough with the result though, gotta keep on pushing harder now (y)

Reactions: Tate

Tate

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 12, 2016
I'm also thinking of using the Ruf for next season. What's the deal for next season?
Do we sign up and do time trials again?

zoglug

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 22, 2016
You would have to sign up again, but I dont believe you have to do the time trials again!

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
What's the deal for next season?
Do we sign up and do time trials again?
It's a looong way before next season... Everyone that compete in season 5 will not be needing to do the time trial. We got your stats from this season to rank you on :lol:

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
I'm back to being a reserve then :banghead:
Don't think so. Reserve or not reserve is down to when you sign up. You sign up late= big risk that you will be a reserve.