PS4 - PS4 AOR PS4 GT3 S15 - Practice/Evaluation race - Rouen les Essarts GP - Tuesday 31 March 2020 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 PS4 AOR PS4 GT3 S15 - Practice/Evaluation race - Rouen les Essarts GP - Tuesday 31 March 2020

Raoualf21731

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2020
Very interesting practice, I was surprised to be that much at the front. I hope it will be the same tonight, you never know on this track...

Thanks for the organization @Michel--NL and @CHRSMELLYANAN

The start in the main race was really messy, but everybody realizes this now. I think some drivers forgot that the reversed order is only for people finishing from P1 to P8 in the sprint race. Otherwise, you just start from the position you end up in the sprint race.

In the first laps of the main race, I was surprised to get hit twice by drivers who visibly didn't see me coming from the outside. With damage on, it would have been quite nasty. Please turn your spotter ON if it is not the case already (and just lift off the throttle if someone has almost completed the overtake and is already in front of you). And be very; very careful and you rejoin the track. You cannot do this without checking if any driver is 2 seconds or less behind you.

I've heard that it was messy in the sprint race too but overall both races were rather calm for me. On the second race, @Spenced_7's pace was better than mine but I tried to hold as long as I could until he probably lost his tires and went to the pits.

Can't wait for tonight, see you on track! :)

Discogiraffe

Junior Karter
Feb 27, 2018
wish i had been able to regain my composure after all the messages started coming through, completely lost my calm, good race @Raoualf21731, next time ill bring my A game ;)

Raoualf21731

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2020
wish i had been able to regain my composure after all the messages started coming through, completely lost my calm, good race @Raoualf21731, next time ill bring my A game ;)
Oh yes right, I didn't mention your flying start! Really good one. I opened a bit too much the door at turn 2 but nevertheless it was very well done (y) Then I realized your car was a bit too edgy at some corners, I knew that you would have hard times holding your pace for the whole race.

Looking forward to the next meeting too (y)

Discogiraffe

Junior Karter
Feb 27, 2018
one of those really frustrating things, during practice the car was planted, no issues at all and done about 3 full race runs without problem. Just had a concentration issue when the push came to shove. just one of those things. theres always a next time, and thanks for leaving turn 2 open, i kinda went in with eyes closed for a second haha

Reactions: Raoualf21731

Spenced_7

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 20, 2020
Very interesting practice, I was surprised to be that much at the front. I hope it will be the same tonight, you never know on this track...

Thanks for the organization @Michel--NL and @CHRSMELLYANAN

The start in the main race was really messy, but everybody realizes this now. I think some drivers forgot that the reversed order is only for people finishing from P1 to P8 in the sprint race. Otherwise, you just start from the position you end up in the sprint race.

In the first laps of the main race, I was surprised to get hit twice by drivers who visibly didn't see me coming from the outside. With damage on, it would have been quite nasty. Please turn your spotter ON if it is not the case already (and just lift off the throttle if someone has almost completed the overtake and is already in front of you). And be very; very careful and you rejoin the track. You cannot do this without checking if any driver is 2 seconds or less behind you.

I've heard that it was messy in the sprint race too but overall both races were rather calm for me. On the second race, @Spenced_7's pace was better than mine but I tried to hold as long as I could until he probably lost his tires and went to the pits.

Can't wait for tonight, see you on track! :)
It was a good battle mate, unfortunately I thought there was a mandatory pit stop and I crashed while trying to alter my pit strategy haha, better to happen last night than tonight!

Well raced though, good luck tonight :D

Spenced_7

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 20, 2020
Rolling start question.
If a cars or two Infront of you spin & you have to stop does the cars behind you also stop?
Or should the cars behind just drive pass you & not give you back you position to the car that was forced to stop?
Even though you had no choice but stop ?

I noticed in both test runs cars would hit you & not stop, I am sure I read if a car hits you or make you go off that car should wait for you no matter how long it takes.
If am I wrong then ok & I know not to stop if am in that situation.

Do we follow the yellow flag rules with no overtaking cars that slowed down to avoid contact with crashed cars.

Just confirming a few things nothing more.
Hey mate I'm pretty sure I was one of the cars behind you. It looked like you were holding back letting the spun car sort himself out, instead of driving around him.

Maybe you were just being extra safe, but I thought we were all going to miss the start if we waited behind you. So I would suggest next time getting around the spun car as safely and fast as possible then it should all be ok.

If you disagree with this I apologies, but that is how myself and the other driver saw it :)

Good luck next race and I wish I was in Jamaica right now!