PS4 - PS4 AOR PS4 GT3 S15 - Practice/Evaluation race - Ruapuna GP - Tuesday 07 April 2020 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 PS4 AOR PS4 GT3 S15 - Practice/Evaluation race - Ruapuna GP - Tuesday 07 April 2020

VSR_Rotary

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans LMP1-H tier 1 Winner
Apr 10, 2018
WOW PC2 servers are incredible, literally clip the grass, had a little spin comeback on circuit and boom disconnected just from the lobby not PSN or anything so that was great, was really enjoying that but i guess PC2 has other ideas

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
WOW PC2 servers are incredible, literally clip the grass, had a little spin comeback on circuit and boom disconnected just from the lobby not PSN or anything so that was great, was really enjoying that but i guess PC2 has other ideas
If it makes you feel better the same just happened to me. Driving fine with no lag and boom and I'm off. Psn fine, connection fine, speed and ping still fine etc etc

Chechum

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 13, 2018
If it makes you feel better the same just happened to me. Driving fine with no lag and boom and I'm off. Psn fine, connection fine, speed and ping still fine etc etc
Yes, frustrating servers. Same for me in Rouen Les Essarts doing a good race, 5 laps left to finish. 0 disconnections for me playing Assetto in PC or even GTSport (not the best servers in the world actually). I wonder if it's worth it training being the game a lottery

JRF_Hgrade_B_66

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 14, 2020
Sorry P1 for getting in the way I came back on track saw the blue flag & was going off the race line & you went the same direction.
Practice was good I need to rethink my pit strategy was P5 came out back out the pits P7 or P8 & got stuck behind a back marker for a few laps & each time I tried to pass I went wide got a warning & a penalty :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: .
Dam crew chief was not helpful keep asking questions & making mistake because I had to keep repeating myself :ROFLMAO: :giggle: .

Defiant195

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
That was good although my fingers won't thank me. Setup my pit stop strategy OK but the crew didn't change tires as ordered? Also arranged some repairs but thought this would not happen if I didn't actually have damage by the time of my pit stop, but yes the crew spent about 5 seconds mending a perfectly good car.

A few laps later I got hit hard off the track. It was far too hard for that part of the track S2 (second of the tight right handers in S2). So I guessed it was lag or a bug?

So I had to look after the tyres for the whole race on the soft slicks but they were OK, if a little slow (ended with around 50% wear on the front right). Only a few unforced errors so looking good for tomorrow. Just don't know what tier I am in yet.

Had some good battles, mainly with Ferraris. Good race guys.

Raoualf21731

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2020
Sorry P1 for getting in the way I came back on track saw the blue flag & was going off the race line & you went the same direction.
Yup thanks for the apologies, no worries it happens. I understood that there was a misunderstanding on where I was when you rejoined the track. Interesting to see that I could cut the last corner without receiving any penalty!

Reactions: JRF_Hgrade_B_66

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
That was good although my fingers won't thank me. Setup my pit stop strategy OK but the crew didn't change tires as ordered?
Did you set it in the pit strategy as recommended (think that's the word) or Yes. Recommended will mostly not change your tires.

Raoualf21731

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2020
Did you set it in the pit strategy as recommended (think that's the word) or Yes. Recommended will mostly not change your tires.
I've discovered this 5 minutes ago watching my replay after having the same issue. And if you want to change the amount of fuel during the pit, it seems that it just adds the amount selected to what was planned before so you end up with the double of what's needed

JRF_Hgrade_B_66

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 14, 2020
I went for a tyre change to see how much time I loose & if I could get my place back.
Is it to cold for hards?
Did anyone use the hards? Or is that only for T1 & T2 because we in T4 to new to the game?
I should say because I am new to the game:giggle: :ROFLMAO:

Defiant195

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Yes I set a strategy and selected it as default (with the tick next to it) the fuel worked but the tires didn't (ordered soft slicks but still had worn tires on after). The only thing I did not do was tell the crew I was coming in for a stop. Fuel worked out pretty well, short shifted to save fuel in case the predict laps the fuel would do was short, but I think it would of been about right.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
I went for a tyre change to see how much time I loose & if I could get my place back.
Is it to cold for hards?
Did anyone use the hards? Or is that only for T1 & T2 because we in T4 to new to the game?
I should say because I am new to the game:giggle: :ROFLMAO:
Don't think we need to compare our self against T1/T2 :alien:
In my case, if I watch them driving it looks so smooth and they handle the tires with care. I can't do that...well maybe with a lot of practice and change my driving style ;)
So I will do what suits me the best to make the race pleasant :)

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
In my case, if I watch them driving it looks so smooth and they handle the tires with care. I can't do that...well maybe with a lot of practice and change my driving style ;)
after last night, i have changed to softs - the hards were undriveable from about half distance

Fot79

Formula 3 2nd Driver
May 13, 2019
Yesterday I saw that my car was slow compared to yours on the final straight. Have you set shorter gears or just less wing?

JRF_Hgrade_B_66

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 14, 2020
after last night, i have changed to softs - the hards were undriveable from about half distance
As a beginner I need this type of information thanks. (y)
I was practicing last night on hards & could only get 1.23-.24 with just over 1/2 a tank, I will give up the HS & stick with SS.
I am still playing around my settings both FOV & FFB, I think I have it correctly now :cautious:.

I hear and will follow that example.(y)

For the race I just need to workout is it worth changing tyres or not the online videos from Yorkie etc don't really cover how low tyre wear can be before you need to think about changing, but it seems everyone stuck it out with 1set last night :unsure: .

Last edited:
Reactions: Michel--NL

mcwolfman

AOR PS4 Winter Champion 2020
Jan 6, 2019
As a beginner I need this type of information thanks. (y)
I was practicing last night on hards & could only get 1.23-.24 with just over 1/2 a tank, I will give up the HS & stick with SS.
I am still playing around my settings both FOV & FFB, I think I have it correctly now :cautious:.

I hear and will follow that example.(y)

For the race I just need to workout is it worth changing tyres or not the online videos from Yorkie etc don't really cover how low tyre wear can be before you need to think about changing, but it seems everyone stuck it out with 1set last night :unsure: .
Yeah we've alll been there as a beginner. My best advice for you is too just try stuff out and find out what works for you. You'll learn what you can and can't do pretty quickly if you do that. that's how i learned all the stuff iknow when it comes to driving and stuff.

JRF_Hgrade_B_66

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 14, 2020
Another question for you season drivers, is it true the fuel map setting is not worth using to save fuel?
In F1 I could use lean or normal to save fuel.
I been told it's doesn't work, for example my AMG full tank is 64 laps & setting my car to normal or lean at some point will not give me that extra lap or two even when short shifting & I have no choice but to add extra 3 laps?
I say 3 because if I go off etc I will use up extra gas because of wheel spinning etc .
Dam am I given away to much information & strategies :unsure: :eek:

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
Another question for you season drivers, is it true the fuel map setting is not worth using to save fuel?
In F1 I could use lean or normal to save fuel.
I been told it's doesn't work, for example my AMG full tank is 64 laps & setting my car to normal or lean at some point will not give me that extra lap or two even when short shifting & I have no choice but to add extra 3 laps?
I say 3 because if I go off etc I will use up extra gas because of wheel spinning etc .
Dam am I given away to much information & strategies :unsure: :eek:
it does work, but the effect is marginal - lift and coast and short-shifting is far more effective, but as there is a mandatory pitstop anyway, you might as well chuck a few litres extra in to last the race

JRF_Hgrade_B_66

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 14, 2020
Yes I set a strategy and selected it as default (with the tick next to it) the fuel worked but the tires didn't (ordered soft slicks but still had worn tires on after). The only thing I did not do was tell the crew I was coming in for a stop. Fuel worked out pretty well, short shifted to save fuel in case the predict laps the fuel would do was short, but I think it would of been about right.
I just noticed that also, I came out the pit about to do my. 1st few test laps using the default loose settings which is set to auto weather tyres and my I set my pit strategy to:
Fuel 0
Change tyres SS on recommendations
Full repair.
I did a few laps before heading into the pits I changed my race strategy using the ICM to the following:
ReFuel 5laps
SS
And like you said tyres are not changed it seems the pit strategy over rides the race strategy.
I could be wrong but you have to set the pit tyres to change all & not recommended you can't give the game a choice just like when it says select tyres automatic by weather, so far each time I use that unless it's wet track you get stuck with HS & never get SS when it's cold.

Lol it reminds me of logic gates if and or nand etc