PS4 - PS4 F1 League - Host Discussions | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 PS4 F1 League - Host Discussions

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Which host worked best for you?

• Andrei Codreanu (Australian GP)

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • TyranoTigger (Malaysian GP, Bahrain GP)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Jthorn97 (Spanish GP)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other - I want a different host (please post the name below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
AOR F1 Leagues - Season 11
PS4 F1 League - Host Discussions

This thread will be used to discuss the views of all the drivers regarding the host choice.

With the added poll, we want to know the opinion of every driver, which host worked best for each for you. If the three tried hosts so far, didn't work good enough for you and you have a suggestion, that somebody else might be a better fit, please chose 'Other' and post the name of the host below.
This poll is opened for the next days, as we want to see what the outcome of it is, but also what other suggestions the drivers have, so that we can use this break week, also to test out one or more hosts (depending on the outcome and posts) in a practice race. Please do note, that the outcome of the poll and posts, do not automatically determine the host for the Canadian GP, but you can be sure that we will take seriously take into consideration of the poll outcome, all posts and the stability of the social race, to make the best decision for the race in less than 2 weeks, which we also hope will stay a stable host for the rest of the season.

Please remember, only PS4 Tier 1 drivers are allowed to vote and to post here!

@Arwin Ourang @TyranoTigger @Andrei Codreanu @alexukr @Jthorn97 @Birkoff @Bcolt93 @Sean B @HRacingGreen @BeMu @Desimpele @fuzzy @oljoca @Jajoots

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Please can everyone note that I have problems with lag in the opening laps of every race no matter who the host is. So far this season I have had the best experience at Spain and the worst at Malaysia. Australia and Bahrain were fine, nothing amazing or terrible. I don't know who the specific hosts were at each of these races, but there you go.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
I wasn't in the race long enough to give my opinion on @Jthorn97 as a host. Andrei didn't work out for me, but distance was always going to be a factor when stretching 7 time zones. Tigger I'm not sold on yet, it was good for me at Malaysia but then I DSC at Bahrain and had some lag issues there. If were going to try someone else maybe @Sean B, his connection is pretty good from what I remember.

BeMu

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 10, 2016
In Australia I didn't race anyone because I was on my own after lap 1 so I can't really have an opinion on Andrei's host.

Bahrain and Malaysia were the worst for me in terms of lag, nothing major just cars glitching back and forth a little etc.

Spain was the best I'd say as there were only two lag incidents for me, one with @Sean B which I think was his connection as he was lagging the whole race on my screen and the other with @HRacingGreen and it sounds like he perhaps has some connection issues of his own although this particular incident was a bit strange.

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
We had a little bit of desync I believe. Yeah my connection tanks a few laps into the race then levels out and I don't know why. I'm gonna get a better ethernet relay soon to try and quell the issue.
In Australia I didn't race anyone because I was on my own after lap 1 so I can't really have an opinion on Andrei's host.

Bahrain and Malaysia were the worst for me in terms of lag, nothing major just cars glitching back and forth a little etc.

Spain was the best I'd say as there were only two lag incidents for me, one with @Sean B which I think was his connection as he was lagging the whole race on my screen and the other with @HRacingGreen and it sounds like he perhaps has some connection issues of his own although this particular incident was a bit strange.

TyranoTigger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Honestly I don't think it makes a difference. A host that would be good on any other game can have major issues at any point because of this games netcode. I think each race being good/bad for connections is almost entirely down to how the game is running for that specific time period. For that reason I'm not going to vote.

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
I think it has more to do with the people's connection. We see results from their computer, we don't know how they are on their PS4. We don't know if they play wifi or cable, wifi is gg, no matter what results they had on computer

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
I think it has more to do with the people's connection. We see results from their computer, we don't know how they are on their PS4. We don't know if they play wifi or cable, wifi is gg, no matter what results they had on computer
I have pretty much the same connection on my PS4 as on my computer. I could take a screenshot of the internet test on the PS4 if you want to.

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
I have pretty much the same connection on my PS4 as on my computer. I could take a screenshot of the internet test on the PS4 if you want to.
Well in the Mini-Season I have hosted quite a lot via wi-fi as the game was working much better online than it does now, but for this season I have only used a wired connection and well my results on ps4 got up by like 10 times (200-300mb/s results for both up and down-load on wired).

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
the down and upload speeds are the least relevant even. It's about latency and the stability of your connection. Wifi has "no" stability, as simple as that.

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
the down and upload speeds are the least relevant even. It's about latency and the stability of your connection. Wifi has "no" stability, as simple as that.
Well that's not an issue for me and I was just adding that wi-fi with the router like only 3-4m away, compared to the wired one, did make a huge difference for me.

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
my comments here so far weren't about anyone in specific :p simply to anyone still playing with wifi...

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
my comments here so far weren't about anyone in specific :p simply to anyone still playing with wifi...
Was just agreeing to what you mentioned about the difference to the connection types. I didn't thought that at such reduced distance it be that way, which is why I was surprised.

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
I will not vote since I'm one of the options and I honestly don't know what to vote for

TyranoTigger

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Okay so I decided to vote after the PS4 message. Out of the options I voted for @Jthorn97 because his connection seemed fine and his location is a little more optimal than Andrei's. Australia was also the only race where I have had noticeable lag so that also rules Andrei out for me.

I also have to say it really makes no sense based on the geography of the league for either Andrei or Jthorn to host. For example, @Bcolt93 post

I would prefer to try a new British host or maybe a Dutch host.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Jthorn97

TyranoTigger

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Put it this way.

If Andrei is host
Minimal ping - Andrei and Birkoff(2)
50>75ms - Europe based players(11)
150ms - Bcolt(1)